Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 93344 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« on: September 13, 2018, 05:48:27 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/13/feinstein-releases-cryptic-statement-about-brett-kavanaugh-nomination-amid-intrigue-over-secret-letter.html

the letter was relayed to lawmakers by an individual affiliated with Stanford University and concerns an incident involving the 53-year-old Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school. According to two officials who spoke anonymously with the New York Times, the incident involved possible sexual misconduct between Kavanaugh and the woman.

Okay, let's break this down. 

So it sounds like we have Anita Hill Part II.  The "sexual misconduct" could be anything from rape to consensual heavy petting to merely awkward flirting.  He would have been a teenager and in High School after all and in the early 1980's.

However, Feinstein has had this letter since July, so was holding it in reserve in case all other courses of attack failed. 

Finally, this is America and he has the right to face his accuser.  And the precise allegations made public.  Not, "Turn over to the FBI to investigate."  This is clearly nothing more then a stalling tactic.

If he's being accused of Rape or actual sexual assault, then he should be charged and withdrawn from consideration to be a USSC Justice.

If we are talking about being an awkward teenager, then who hasn't been one ??  We are trying fill the USSC, not choose the next Messiah.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MikeB

• friend
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 06:17:59 PM »
I think it is just as likely this is completely made up. Also the FBI isn’t the right Law Enforcement organization to investigate a sexual assault. Either the person who is claiming whatever in this letter goes to the correct jurisdiction and files a formal complaint assuming it’s not past the statute of limitations or this “letter” should be ignored. This is just ridiculous.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »
He was in High School, so likely a minor. "Possible sexual misconduct" could mean practically anything. Misconduct could be that he told some girl she had a nice rack, which, though of late it could ruin your life, in that era, was normal banter. Given the "possible" and all the anonymity, it could also be NOT sexual misconduct of any kind.

On the FBI, the story I read said "Federal investigative authorities". That might be the FBI, or it might be somebody in OPM human resources.

This is another one that smells of "set up" to me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 07:43:12 PM »
Gawd a'mighty !  How far will those loonies reach to grasp at straws?

Have you no sense of decency, Ma'am?

Accusations are cheap.
Defense is expensive.

Part of their game plan, of course.

Terry

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 08:34:12 PM »
Gawd a'mighty !  How far will those loonies reach to grasp at straws?

Have you no sense of decency, Ma'am?

Clearly a rhetorical question  :P

There's good news, even if she's returned every election, the woman is 85.  This BS will come to an end sooner than later.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 08:52:55 PM »

There's good news, even if she's returned every election, the woman is 85.  This BS will come to an end sooner than later.

The problem is, she represents Califfornia. Remember, the people waiting in the wings in California think DiFi is too conservative.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 08:57:23 PM »
The problem is, she represents Califfornia. Remember, the people waiting in the wings in California think DiFi is too conservative.

I never said it would get better.  Just that Feinstein's personal brand of awful wasn't long for the world.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 09:14:55 PM »
Here we go:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/09/13/seriously-so-this-is-what-sen-dianne-feinsteins-secret-brett-kavanaugh-letter-was-about/

As one of the comments said, "This sounds like a bad episode of Happy Days."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 09:23:36 PM »
A source who said they were briefed on the contents of the letter said it described an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman that took place when both were 17 years old and at a party. According to the source, Kavanaugh and a male friend had locked her in a room against her will, making her feel threatened, but she was able to get out of the room. The Guardian has not verified the apparent claims in the letter. It is not yet clear who wrote it.

How many articles and Op-eds will come out saying being locked alone in a room (and getting out unharmed) as a party prank is just like rape, sexual assault, the first step slaughtering women or, even better, early indication of Kavanaugh's desire to control women?
Alex Griswold

@HashtagGriswold

Oh my god. The actual Kavanaugh allegation turned out to be roughly ten thousands times lamer than I already thought it would be.
View image on Twitter
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 09:29:40 PM »
Room rhymes with womb so that obviously means the Kavanaugh believes in locking up women's reproductive organs. Nothing gets in and nothing gets out outside of the confines of the state approved Christian marriage and with the permission of the husband of course.

We are this close to the Handmaid's Tale, people! Wake up!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 10:55:28 PM »

And you replace a senior senator with power with a raving loonie progressive one who is so far out they destroy their political movement. DiFi is far more dangerous, because like her brother emperor palpatine she actually gets things done behind the scenes.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 10:57:26 PM »
So he didn't get to see Paradise by the dashboard light ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 08:57:24 AM »
Here we go:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/09/13/seriously-so-this-is-what-sen-dianne-feinsteins-secret-brett-kavanaugh-letter-was-about/

As one of the comments said, "This sounds like a bad episode of Happy Days."

Brett Kavanaugh was an unarmed teen, who dreamed of going to college.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 09:45:01 AM »
That accusation is so pathetic it might actually be true.  If they were faking it they would at least make it sound bad.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 10:15:27 AM »
That accusation is so pathetic it might actually be true.  If they were faking it they would at least make it sound bad.

I'm thinking back to High School parties I went to, and I'm just four years older than him, and what's allegedly in that letter is the kind of prank the bible study group would pull at one of their parties. It wouldn't even rate at a party where alcohol was present.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 10:28:57 AM »
The SJW crowd has gone even further off the rails than I thought possible.
It is now receptacle to punish someone for what their parents did before they were born

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/25/nascar-driver-n-word-sponsor/

Anymore all you need is a simple accusation to ruin someone's life and career.
One of these days they are gonna screw over the wrong person and the *expletive deleted*it will get real.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 10:42:10 AM »
Yep, the SJW cadre is pushing very hard to make the sins of the family = the sins of the progeny...

Where else has that happened....

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2018, 11:13:16 AM »
My take is that Feinstein thinks she's come up with a perfect plan. Accuse him of something he did as almost 40 years ago as a young adult, something far enough back that legal verification is difficult because of aging memories, lost/discarded school records, and typically-sealed juvenile court records (presuming any law enforcement involvement at all). She using the "turned it over to the FBI" line with intentional bluster as encouragement for her sycophant followers and box-of-rocks-stupid SJW types to infer the worst without having seen actual evidence. Turn the whole thing into a he said/she said that they can spin and twist ad infinitum without the accused being able to provide substantive rebuttal other than their own words.

*Edit to add*
If we're going to worry about ethics and past infractions, how about something a bit less aged and more directly associated with current government affairs?
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07/11/sen-feinstein-failed-to-disclose-husbands-facebook-stock-before-zuckerberg-testified-report/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/09/05/kavanaugh-confirmation-feinstein-illegal-abortion-number/1206409002/

Brad
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:30:38 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2018, 11:24:29 AM »
^ SOS.  Standard Operating Slander.

Accusations are cheap.
Defense is expensive.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2018, 12:08:23 PM »
Wouldn't that make Feinstein an unindited coconspirator?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2018, 01:51:30 PM »
Now Huffpo is reporting that he and a friend held the woman down and tried to disrobe her and force themselves on her.

Although the alleged incident took place decades ago and the three individuals involved were minors, the woman said that the memory had been a source of ongoing distress for her, and that she had sought psychological treatment as a result.

Uh huh. Well I hope you have notes or billing statements from this therapy because otherwise I'll just assume this is all a fiction or perhaps horseplay mis-remembered as an assault. 

And isn't just a little hypocritical to get worked up over this alleged incident but not get worked up over the charges made against Bill Clinton?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 02:08:41 PM »
There is nothing, NOTHING, that the Democrats will not do in order to gain and retain power.

Over/under on when they start openly having political opponents killed? I say 3 years. (After Trump is re-elected.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »
Over/under on when they start openly having political opponents killed? I say 3 years. (After Trump is re-elected.)

You're assuming that hasn't already started (*cough* Steve Scalise *cough*)

(Granted, the attempt failed, but still ...)

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 04:07:47 PM »
There is nothing, NOTHING, that the Democrats will not do in order to gain and retain power.

Never happen.

There may, however, be a significant "uptick" in suicides by powerful Republicans and conservatives.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 10:08:02 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the letter had been written many months ago, and all Feinstein had to do was wait to see who Trump nominated before filling in the nominee's name.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain