Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 94125 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2018, 10:35:53 AM »
There is zero reason to believe Kavanaugh is anything but innocent.

The right play is to shame the Left for using such a crass obvious ploy to appeal to women’s and white knights emotions.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2018, 11:37:08 AM »
There is zero reason to believe Kavanaugh is anything but innocent.

The right play is to shame the Left for using such a crass obvious ploy to appeal to women’s and white knights emotions.

And to vote in Kavanaugh, on schedule. And to have accusers come forward against every Democratic senator, and the lefties at SCOTUS. In fact, RBG felt me up at a high school party in '92. She was an older woman, and a judge. I felt so powerless. I knew no one would believe me...

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2018, 02:19:36 PM »
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/09/report-kavanaughs-mother-ruled-against-accusers-parents.php?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sw&utm_campaign=sw

REPORT: KAVANAUGH’S MOTHER RULED AGAINST ACCUSER’S PARENTS
It looks like Brett Kavanaugh’s mother, Judge Martha Kavanaugh, ruled against the parents of Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accuses Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault. Court documents show the losing party in a foreclosure case Martha Kavanaugh heard to be Ralph and Paula Blasey of Potomac, Maryland. They appear to be Christine Blasey Ford’s parents.
It appears there is more history between her and Kavanaugh. 

Also, I have heard she is a leftist activist and an anti-Trump activist.  There are lots of reasons to discount this story as false and few if any reasons to take it seriously.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »
The student reviews of her as a professor are not good …
An earlier version of this article confused two different California professors named Christine Ford and featured student evaluations of the other Professor Christine Ford.  American Thinker apologizes to Professor Christine Ford and to readers for the error.  

This is gonna be an exceptionally stupid week.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-internet-predictably-turns-into-a-god-awful-fever-swamp-following-the-kavanaugh-bombshell
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 03:00:30 PM by DittoHead »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2018, 07:00:31 PM »
What can the APS attorneys tell us regarding both of them being minors?

I also just saw a story where they quoted her therapist's notes that said there were four guys involved.

Then her story is changing.

The original story was two boys. Now it's four?

As details come out, at least one version says it was a "party" attended by four boys and [now, suddenly] two girls. One girl or two, what kind of respectable young lady (age 15) attends a "party" with four teen-aged hormone factories, where there is alcohol present in quantity? If there were two girls there? IMHO that only means there were two tramps present rather than one.

The original story was that there were four boys at the party, but only two with her in the "locked" room. Now the story is that all four boys attacked her? Gee -- the other girl must have felt awfully left-out and unattractive.

Having had some association with girls from "elite" prep schools when I was in my teens, it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually came out that she invited the "attack," and then got grossed out because he was too drunk to perform.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2018, 07:19:47 PM »
there were two tramps present rather than one.

she invited the "attack,"
:O oooooh boy! It's getting there already.
I think if I was Kavanaugh I would stick with the "she's lying/confused/misremembering" line of defense.

"That little hussy was just asking for it" probably isn't gonna fly anymore.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2018, 07:27:25 PM »
There is no way this ends satisfactorily for anyone.

Those opposed to Kavanaugh will never believe any protestations of innocence.

Those for him will never believe any unverified claims of misconduct

After 35 years there is next to zero chance of any useful evidence that they were even in the same house.

I read on Yahoo News that both the judge and the professor will be testifying next Monday, but again, both sides are to entrenched for mere testimony to make any real difference.  And so a shitshow commences.

Here's your binary solution set:  He gets confirmed, and a bunch of people complain about Rapists On The Court!! every time he signs a decision, forever, or he doesn't get confirmed and a bunch of people complain about lying "tramps" on every confirmation hearing, forever.

It would be funny, except those 500 or so idiots can and do get people killed.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
I think if I was Kavanaugh I would stick with the "she's lying/confused/misremembering" line of defense.

If it is true it should be spoken.

I have no insight into what if anything happened that night but to me it doesn’t matter. The time to deal with it passed long ago.

This is an obvious political mugging so she loses all credibility due to the political nature.

She may have been a pure virgin who had her honor violated as a teen but she is now a political whore.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2018, 09:46:33 PM »
It is entirely a political move by Feinstein regardless of what is said.  The statute of limitations on a crime is long past.  This allegedly happened 36 years ago when Kavanaugh was 17.  The girl was 15.  Both were not of legal age.  I believe both were drinking at a party.  Kavanaugh has denied it and it is one word against another.  What's true? No idea.

Can you guess what this college professor's political leanings are?  I hope that question is asked as well as if she was paid by an outside party to write this letter.

The point of the whole affair other to stall and potentially embarrass Kavanaugh into dropping out of contention, but to affect only a couple Republican Senator votes (like Collins from Maine). This will result in getting an insufficient number of votes to approve him.  I still think a few Democrats may vote in favor of his appointment, but we'll see.  The vote in the committee is scheduled for Wednesday unless it's rescheduled.   It will be right down party lines and the Democrats in the Judiciary Committee were never going to vote in favor regardless of his worthiness for the Supreme Court.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2018, 10:04:44 PM »
The shitty thing is that this will give the "never Trump" republicrats an "excuse" to vote against him.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2018, 11:02:32 PM »
The timing was to prevent another nomination before midterms. Show the letter in July, too much time on the clock to hand the ball over. Hope it backfires royally and drives Trump turnout.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2018, 11:03:32 PM »
If Republicans won't stand up against something like this, it will be one more, "That's why you got Trump," "but he fights" moment.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2018, 11:23:26 PM »

I was not suggesting that Kavanaugh should use that as his defense. This is my opinion, expressed among people who are not involved in the confirmation process.

Kavanaugh has said at least once that he wasn't even at the [alleged] party. I hope that's true and that he sticks to it. Having said that, if it comes out that he was there -- he's toast, and should be toast.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2018, 11:58:26 PM »
I was not suggesting that Kavanaugh should use that as his defense. This is my opinion, expressed among people who are not involved in the confirmation process.

Kavanaugh has said at least once that he wasn't even at the [alleged] party. I hope that's true and that he sticks to it. Having said that, if it comes out that he was there -- he's toast, and should be toast.

Why the latter? He could easily be mistaken about that. Hasn't the accuser expressed confusion about where it was, or what year it was?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2018, 12:33:00 AM »
And the other person (male) named as being there/involved has also denied that it happened.

Again, if the R's flake out (see what I did there), no republican nominee for any position, especially the USSC, will ever be confirmed again, because the D's will trot out some woman who will claim that Nominee X kissed her, without her consent, on the school bus back in 2nd grade.

We know what Borking is, we may learn what Kavanaughing is, if a couple of R's show they have no spine.

*Clarence Thomas to the Courtesy Phone. Paging Clarence Thomas to the Courtesy Phone, Please.*
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2018, 03:43:43 AM »
1.  The Democrats refuse to join in inviting Kavanaugh and Ford to hearings in front of the Judiciary committee. 
I so hope the D's pull a "Russian Ambassador to the UN at that start of the Korean War"* stunt.

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2018/09/17/they-refused-looks-like-the-dems-arent-really-that-interested-in-the-truth-about-brett-kavanaugh/

2. DiFi slams Republican response to Kavanaugh accusations trips over herself.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/09/18/thud-dianne-feinstein-rushes-to-slam-gop-response-to-kavanaugh-allegations-trips-over-herself/

* The Soviet (Russian) ambassador to the UN walked out when the UN began debating what to do over Nork aggression in June 1950.   Since he wasn't there to veto the resolution the UN voted to help the RoK defend themselves.  Hence, many UN member nations supplied troops to help fight on US/UN side.  Since then, Soviet/Russian Ambassadors to the UN are pretty much bolted into their seats.

Although there is some validity to the idea that Stalin did it on purpose.
https://medium.com/@giant_cheng/why-the-ussr-didnt-veto-the-un-coaliation-against-the-north-korea-in-1950-98263f4c3e3d

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »
There is no way this ends satisfactorily for anyone.

Those opposed to Kavanaugh will never believe any protestations of innocence.

Those for him will never believe any unverified claims of misconduct

After 35 years there is next to zero chance of any useful evidence that they were even in the same house.

I read on Yahoo News that both the judge and the professor will be testifying next Monday, but again, both sides are to entrenched for mere testimony to make any real difference.  And so a shitshow commences.

Here's your binary solution set:  He gets confirmed, and a bunch of people complain about Rapists On The Court!! every time he signs a decision, forever, or he doesn't get confirmed and a bunch of people complain about lying "tramps" on every confirmation hearing, forever.

It would be funny, except those 500 or so idiots can and do get people killed.
The problem with the binary set is that the Democrats could have trotted out someone who accused him of being a serial killer and many on the left would believe it.  And the media would run with it as if the accusation had to be treated "seriously".  IMO, there is nothing these people won't do to win (and I mean that seriously).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2018, 09:34:24 AM »
This is honestly the most disgusting thing I have ever witnessed in my lifetime in politics.

And, of course the Republicans are rewarding these evil people by giving them exactly what they want and delaying the vote.

Which means it works and the Democrats will do this OVER and OVER and OVER again. Because there are never any consequences to these slimy, hell-spawned, mendacious, power-hungry, grandstanding, cowardly, oleaginous, muck-raking, obstreperous, blood-sucking, back-stabbing, barbarous bastards.

This is Clarence Thomas all over again. Make sure that your opponents know that you will do ANYTHING to stop them.   
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2018, 09:46:19 AM »
Feinstein tried to rape me years ago. I don't recal the exact date or location but I still harbor emotional scars from her attack on me. I repressed the awful memory for years but now I remember it clearly.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2018, 09:49:17 AM »
Feinstein tried to rape me years ago. I don't recal the exact date or location but I still harbor emotional scars from her attack on me. I repressed the awful memory for years but now I remember it clearly.

I don't believe you, but only because I am pro-rape. Also, I eat small children. Come to think of it, I also eat big children.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2018, 11:53:23 AM »
It will be painful living through the Dems going through this same type of theatre over the next 2 or 3 SCJ’s that Trump will be replacing.

Once the Trump court is in place it will be interesting to see whether the left will submit to the rule of law or go full civil war II.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2018, 12:58:08 PM »
It will be painful living through the Dems going through this same type of theatre over the next 2 or 3 SCJ’s that Trump will be replacing.

Thank you for these happy thoughts.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2018, 01:02:05 PM »
One thing the Dems seem to always forget, eventually they will be on the other side of the fence and the Republicans will use their own rules and shenanigans against them, like the Dems are now doing to the Rs. You would think Harry Reid would be fresh enough in their memory they could remember the basic stuff.

bob

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2018, 01:33:46 PM »
One thing the Dems seem to always forget, eventually they will be on the other side of the fence and the Republicans will use their own rules and shenanigans against them, like the Dems are now doing to the Rs. You would think Harry Reid would be fresh enough in their memory they could remember the basic stuff.

bob

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Democrats have been pulling this kind of crap (not to this degree, but of a kind with it) for 30+ years. The Republicans.... held the line and didn't vote for ONE Supreme Court Justice.

The Democrats rightly have no fear that this will be turned back on them because the Republicans are too "civilized" to do that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2018, 01:43:04 PM »
Let's see.

First it was Kavanaugh and one other guy.

Then it was four guys.

Then it was four guys and another girl.

She can't recall when it happened (not even narrow it down to what YEAR it happened).

She doesn't know where (Address or even who's house is allegedly occurred at.)

Yeah, this is TOTALLY a legitimate accusation.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.