Author Topic: FBI Agent shot by booby trapped wheel chair  (Read 456 times)

Phyphor

• friend
FBI Agent shot by booby trapped wheel chair
« on: October 02, 2018, 10:32:21 PM »
A man has been charged with assault after fortifying his Oregon home "like a scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark".

FBI agents found a circular hot tub linked up to a tripwire, a fortified front door and animal traps laid around the property, local media report.

But they were not able to prevent a wheelchair, fitted with a fishing line and shotgun bullets, from firing on and hitting an agent in the leg.

Gregory Rodvelt, 66, was reportedly trying to prevent his home being sold.

More at the link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45718600

Yeah, that's definitely a lot of crazy.  Gotta give him credit for being inventive.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

grampster

• friend
Re: FBI Agent shot by booby trapped wheel chair
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:44:09 PM »
"Shotgun bullets".   :facepalm:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

HankB

• friend
Re: FBI Agent shot by booby trapped wheel chair
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 07:39:02 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if other charges are pending at the state level - the statutory language may vary, but a lot of states have laws against setting mantraps (in TX, it's "mechanisms") which are capable of inflicting serious injury or death.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain