Author Topic: Washington state judge tackles fleeing miscreants  (Read 762 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Washington state judge tackles fleeing miscreants
« on: October 24, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-judge-chases-down-inmates-who-ran-from-courtroom-bolted-into-stairwell

Let's see, do we know of any judicial figures for whom this can serve as a role model?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Washington state judge tackles fleeing miscreants
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 01:30:31 PM »
Well, he has recently taken up running, so I pity anyone who tries to get away from him...

"HOW CAN HE BE GAINING ON ME? HE'S SO FAT!"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 02:38:12 PM »
Well, he has recently taken up running, so I pity anyone who tries to get away from him...

"HOW CAN HE BE GAINING ON ME? HE'S SO FAT!"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As long as I can catch up in the first 1/2 mile, I've go this.   :laugh:

Seriously, why chase them?  Let them go.  They'll get caught, and the sheriff will deliver right to the bench...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 03:17:55 PM »
Awesome job, Judge!   =D

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 08:49:46 AM »
Where in the world were the court officers!

And I feel like a stick in the mud, but how can the Judge be/stay the impartial arbitor when he was personally the one who ran them down?

And lastly... Man, I've got to lose some weight and jog a bit. I don't think I could have caught them lol
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 04:14:46 PM »
Where in the world were the court officers!

And I feel like a stick in the mud, but how can the Judge be/stay the impartial arbitor when he was personally the one who ran them down?

When I was a new prosecutor back in 1994, there were no court officers or security personnel at the courthouse.   Security was one bailiff per courtroom.  Period.  In some places, like ours, the county refused to hire more security, even with the judges screaming for help, because (1) cost too much and (2) there are often police in the building. 

As for the impartial judge, there was an ethics opinion when I first put on a robe that if there was an incident in court, the judge/magistrate was disqualified from further hearings on that defendant.  Wouldn't you know word spread and a lot of defendants started incidents to get off the docket of the judges with tough reputations, or in smaller counties to eliminate all of the judges and get an out of county judge assigned (notoriously softer on sentences). They changed the ethics rule.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »
^^^I thought there was a reason why Taurus named their .45/.410 revolver 'The Judge'.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.