Author Topic: You want Reavers? Because...  (Read 1008 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
You want Reavers? Because...
« on: October 25, 2018, 12:06:28 PM »
this is how you get Reavers!

Vox (of course it's Vox) has an article by two, well, aholes who want to add lithium to the ENTIRE US drinking water supply to cut down on suicides and calm people down in general.

Wow. G-23 Paxillion Hydrochlorate anyone?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: You want Reavers? Because...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 01:56:03 PM »
Link?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 02:41:54 PM »
Cuffy @CuffyMeh

"I'm a leaf on the win-"

CuffyMeh is one of my favorite Twitter accounts.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 03:22:41 PM »
They just compared water sample analysis locations with local health numbers.  What it means is they know next to nothing.  Even proposing the idea of adding this to the water supply is very very premature.

So it's not like governments can now go and buy buckets of lithium to dump the stuff into our drinking water supply - there's still plenty we don't know, especially considering that the mid-level dose of 5-10 micrograms per litre actually seemed to increase dementia.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 03:40:46 PM »
Do the research, read the literature and draw your own conclusions. 

Okay.

My conclusion: Administering psychiatric drugs without a prescription is a Bad Idea(tm).

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 04:03:02 PM »
POE
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 04:08:16 PM »
POE

(I was wondering how long before someone made a Dr. Strangelove/fluoride/precious-bodily-fluids reference.)
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 04:19:08 PM »

(I was wondering how long before someone made a Dr. Strangelove/fluoride/precious-bodily-fluids reference.)

Your wait is over.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 07:46:30 PM »
I've taken an otc low dose lithium and it helps my impulse control when I am in a foul mood. Also know a local lithia springs, pretty neat, been pimped as healing waters for a century or so. Lithium used to be in 7-up, maybe why that bald black dude in the 80s commercials was so happy. Not really, lithium in the soda was long gone by then.

But mandatory in the water? This is how you get reavers. And also how you get Alex Jones types to multiply since they are already convinced the fluoride is for mind control. Had an acquaintance who was 100% sold on chemtrails. Lithium being a possibility for dispersed chemicals. I inquired as to the math for lithium production and how much dose it take to spread an effective dose everywhere. And how many people load the planes? Math, they hate math. :D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 09:03:05 PM »
Makes me glad I don't really drink water. And for the small amount I DO drink, there's a nice artesian spring not too far away
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2018, 12:08:01 AM »
Makes me glad I don't really drink water. And for the small amount I DO drink, there's a nice artesian spring not too far away

Water is good for you, Doc Ricketts.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 12:20:20 AM »
Okay.

My conclusion: Administering psychiatric drugs without a prescription is a Bad Idea(tm).

I'll see that, and raise you one: Administering psychiatric drugs even with a prescription is (with rare exceptions) a Bad Idea(tm).

I got into an argument with the Dermatology department at the VA hospital over this. I don't believe in psychotropic drugs, and my record is supposed to be flagged so that I don't get prescribed any psychotropics without informed consent. Earlier this year, I had to see the Derm doc for some lesions on my lower legs. She prescribed a topical steroid cream, and oral Doxepin. In the past, I have taken the antibiotic Doxycycline, so at first when I saw a prescription that began with "Dox..." I thought it was an antibiotic. But, as has become my S.O.P. for all medications from the VA, when I got home I opened up the medication fact sheet and discovered that (wonder of wonders) Doxepin is not Doxycycline.

In fact, Doxepin is a psychotropic, and it is used to treat depression. And one of the side effects is that it can make the depression worse, not better, and generate suicidal thoughts.

Great. So the VA, with a patient population that has a significant percentage that's already at risk for suicide, is prescribing a psychotropic drug that can generate suicidal thoughts -- for a dermatological condition, and with NO discussion by the doctor of the potential side effects. I was, shall we say, less than pleased. I packed it up and delivered it back to the Dermatology clinic with a letter explaining exactly why I was not going to take it, and exactly why I was more than a little unhappy that it had been given to me (a) without my informed consent, and (b) without any discussion of the side effects.

The response was, "But we don't prescribe it for depression we prescribe it to control itching."

Right. The side effects remain the same.

Too many psychiatrists are way to fast with the prescription pad, IMHO.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 07:11:54 AM »
"In fact, Doxepin is a psychotropic, and it is used to treat depression. And one of the side effects is that it can make the depression worse, not better, and generate suicidal thoughts."

It's also used to treat peripheral nerve issues, pain and itching, that arise from issues such as hives and lesions.

"And one of the side effects is that it can make the depression worse, not better, and generate suicidal thoughts."

As can literally hundreds of other drugs, many of of which aren't anti-depressants.

Chemicals, dude. It's chemicals. Life would be so much better without any chemicals at all.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 09:47:01 AM »
Sounds like someone needs to read Stephen King's "The End of the Whole Mess."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 10:17:35 AM »
They should just add it to the chemical contrails.   :lol:

With all of the bottled water being purchased anymore, would the same .gov regs that put it in my tap water also mandate it be put in my bottles?

Does a LifeStraw filter out lithium?

And, most important of all, if the brewery uses public water sources that have lithium added, would the lithium be affected by the brewing process?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark