Author Topic: Hey pilots, meet your new aircraft!  (Read 557 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Hey pilots, meet your new aircraft!
« on: October 26, 2018, 02:43:28 PM »
Ha! Not really! This thing isn't even fun to look at, let alone to think of riding in.

I think this is a money-sponge project. The people behind it aren't trying to seriously bring this to market, they want to collect a lot of money from the types of people who go all loopy at the thought of some great new tech. Even if said tech isn't all that great.

In short, folks who have money and boundless optimism but no competence to judge the viability of concepts.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Hey pilots, meet your new aircraft!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 07:45:42 PM »
For sale, slightly used, as is:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 11:03:07 AM »
For sale, slightly used, as is:

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster."

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 04:29:07 PM »
 :facepalm:
I suspect the sheer weight of lubricant required for all those cams and bearings would keep it on the ground. =D

(Let alone the weight of the grid-like support structure.  One must transmit all them there lifting forces to the payload area.  Like the main spar in an airplane wing.  Yeah, I know, carbon-fiber and new alloy technology and all that there )

Friction9834.575

(Did not bother to read the whole article.  Bad me.  If there are any compelling breakthrough concepts I missed, let me know.)

https://youtu.be/316AJOBQhew (0:16)

Maybe targeting startups who need some R&D number$ to glitterize their prospectus.  Don't know what the tax bennies/detries are for this kind of investment.   ...Mike?

Terry
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 05:30:11 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.