Author Topic: The CMP Philippine Returns  (Read 589 times)

MechAg94

• friend
The CMP Philippine Returns
« on: November 11, 2018, 02:18:20 AM »
https://youtu.be/b1-bshef-G8

I came across this link on youtube.  It goes through part of the process for getting these rifles returned to the US then goes into some of the rifles brought back.  Very interesting if you are a fan of CMP guns.  I was a bit shocked at how expensive it was to get those rifles returned. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The CMP Philippine Returns
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 10:52:41 AM »
I'm sure it's all marketing hype. According to one self-conceived "expert" on the M1911.org forum, "all CMP firearms are overpriced junk."

Don't shoot me. I'd buy an M-1 from them if I had the money ... and a place to shoot it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 12:13:27 PM »
"all CMP firearms are overpriced junk."

I tend to agree with him.  The quality of the guns is fairly low, and the price is fairly high.  You're paying for the history more than anything else.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 12:16:33 PM »
I tend to agree with him.  The quality of the guns is fairly low, and the price is fairly high.  You're paying for the history more than anything else.

My M1 was about 75% of what one in it's condition went for on the open market when I got it.

Not sure how that's "overpriced ".

If all you want is a heavy .30-06 there are cheaper options, but for an M1 they are the cheapest deal going.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 12:25:35 PM »
I was talking about the 1911s, not the rifles.  I didn't make that clear though.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?