Author Topic: The Bronx chick strikes out  (Read 110688 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
The Bronx chick strikes out
« on: January 11, 2019, 03:30:45 AM »
https://nypost.com/2019/01/10/ocasio-cortez-passed-over-for-influential-house-committee/

Apparently Ms. Ocasio-Cortez wanted to be on the Ways and Means Committee -- even though freshmen typically aren't named to that committee. She didn't make the cut. I hope she finds herself banished to a few backwater committees that don't affect anything.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: The Bronx chick strikes out
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 05:38:12 AM »
Poof !  There goes my prediction that they'd put her on either the Rules or the Judiciary Committee.

Drat.  Wrong again.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 08:18:27 AM »
Probably being selected for the Committee on Vapid Thought and Silly Ideas. Possibly to head the committee, but I guess they usually don’t select freshman members to head committees, but may make an exception for her.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:07:38 AM »
There are other members who are more experienced in vapid thinking, even if they are not as good as she, who could chair the Committee on Vapid Thought and Silly Ideas.

If she were appointed chairperson of something, could we call her the Chairchick?

I don't know. Somehow she reminds me of Kelly Bundy.  "Gee, my hair tastes good today !"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 11:29:12 AM »
She's really going full tilt to self-destruct. Now she's dissing Joe Lieberman.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6581851/New-party-dis-Ocasio-Cortez-mocks-aging-Joe-Liberman-hoping-shes-not-future.html

I didn't like Lieberman when he was in office, but I respected him. As for Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, she's going to be in for some real-life bitch slapping very soon if she doesn't STFU. You just don't pee on someone who was your party's VP candidate and who served for 24 years in the senate. Her problem is that she seems to believe her press releases.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 11:51:21 AM »
If someone wants to say I'm going on an old guy rant, I'm good with that.

'New party, who dis?'

That's a member of congress. Is this where we are? We're going to be doing rappers and "urban speak" in congress now? I mean, that's straight out of Comacho's administration in Idiocracy.

If that keeps up, congress is going to look like the Jerry Springer show, where you have a bunch of dumbass white suburbanites talking like urban black yutes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 11:57:39 AM »
She’s so over the top I’ve read speculation that she’s a Trumpster plant to discredit the hard left.

Nobody seems to want to believe the left actually believes what they say and wants to force us by government fiat and violence to obey them.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:47 PM »
Her teeth remind me of Jimmy Carter....

=D =D =D =D =D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 01:02:26 PM »
I’ve also read that she is doing exactly what Pelosi wants her to do, make Pelosi and Schumer seem “moderate”.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 01:05:24 PM »
Occams razor applies.  She was elected by a combination of Bernites and minorities.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/01/ocasio-cortez-data-suggests-that-gentrifying-neighborhoods-powered-alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-victory-over-the-democratic-establishment/
This portrait of a diverse electorate lifting Ocasio-Cortez to victory contrasts starkly with the prevalent media narrative, which attributes Ocasio-Cortez’s win to demographic factors alone. To myriad pundits, the explanation for her success is simple: The district is increasingly populated by Latinos and other nonwhite voters, and they chose Ocasio-Cortez because they simply did not want a white man like Joe Crowley representing them.

Literally elected by virtue of being a minority woman, with no nod to any accomplishments or credentials. 
Stupid people vote for stupid people.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 01:12:06 PM »
Occams razor applies.  She was elected by a combination of Bernites and minorities.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/01/ocasio-cortez-data-suggests-that-gentrifying-neighborhoods-powered-alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-victory-over-the-democratic-establishment/
Literally elected by virtue of being a minority woman, with no nod to any accomplishments or credentials.  

I tend to agree with you on this.

While I’m willing to consider other possibilities, if push came to shove I’m with you, identity/tribal politics.

How’s that diversity working out for you former congressman Crowley?

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 01:25:06 PM »
I tend to agree with you on this.

While I’m willing to consider other possibilities, if push came to shove I’m with you, identity/tribal politics.

How’s that diversity working out for you former congressman Crowley?

If we're lucky it will start to tear the Democrat party apart.  Dissention within the ranks.
However, the GOP is too stupid to seize upon it and solidify. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 02:10:36 PM »
Occams razor applies.  She was elected by a combination of Bernites and minorities.

I also agree with this.

A big problem, and we here contribute to it, is all the press this first term, zero accomplishment person gets. She gets nearly as much media exposure as Trump, while new congressmen like Dan Crenshaw get relatively none.

Obviously from my posts and links here, people know I love getting a good laugh out of Twitchy. However I'd give that up in a heartbeat if Twitter just up and died tomorrow.

It was started with good intentions, and even showed some early on - like getting news reports out of regions of the world where the press was shut down, getting near real time updates during emergencies and disasters, etc. It has now just become a hate platform the brings out the worst in people across the political spectrum, and makes "stars" out of idiots that otherwise would have little or no news coverage. Bronx chick would likely be just another new member of congress if it weren't for the constant social media deluge.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 04:01:25 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fellow-dems-chastise-ocasio-cortez-185337256.html

Useful idiots like her are great for the dem establishment...until they get elected  :rofl:

I bet she'd be insane in the sack.  But then you'd have to worry about getting your car set on fire for not texting her back...
JD

230RN

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 07:11:40 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fellow-dems-chastise-ocasio-cortez-185337256.html

Useful idiots like her are great for the dem establishment...until they get elected  :rofl:

Ditto on your roffle.

I bet she'd be insane in the sack.  But then you'd have to worry about getting your car set on fire for not texting her back...

Ayup.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:16:44 AM by 230RN »

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 09:36:12 AM »
House oversight now too:
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426529-ocasio-cortez-among-progressives-joining-house-oversight-report

Any bets on how long it takes her to blather classified and/or confidential material all over the social mediaverse?

Because, you know... for the children.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 09:54:18 AM »
Any bets on how long it takes her to blather classified and/or confidential material all over the social mediaverse?

Because, you know... for the children.

Brad

That is an absolute, real, scary, concern. I truly fear that around a half a dozen or so of these new congresscritters, if given a clearance, will treat it as a joke. I can only hope no US citizens or assets die in the name of popular politics and loose lips.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 10:15:42 AM »

For which she'll never face any consequence.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 11:19:03 AM »

For which she'll never face any consequence.

Well she is the new and improved Clinton
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 12:00:23 PM »
. . . the GOP is too stupid to seize upon it and solidify. 
QFT . . . and applicable to many, MANY squandered opportunities in the past.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 12:17:07 PM »
If we're lucky it will start to tear the Democrat party apart.  Dissention within the ranks.
However, the GOP is too stupid to seize upon it and solidify. 

Republicans are reactionary and conservative, not socially conservative but in maintaining the status quo.

Any proactive plans to take back any ground lost to the Leftists is attacked without mercy by the mainstream media, Democrats, half the Republicans and the entire entertainment establishment, sorry for the redundancy.

The one exception to the above is when economic decisions will help their donors, then change is OK.

Republicans aren’t stupid, they are just weak, subservient and hollow, not willing to ofend leftists even if it requires selling out their voters and being humiliated. The best they can manage is tough talk before they bend over and submit.

The above is a general rule, not written in stone.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 01:40:26 PM »
Man, her and her "team" hate everybody. Check out the account name of one of her staff, who uses it to release "official" tweets:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/01/23/rep-ocasio-cortez-adviser-explains-why-money-hoarding-bill-gates-wealth-belongs-in-govt-hands-facepalms-ensue/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 04:20:12 PM »
Man, her and her "team" hate everybody. Check out the account name of one of her staff, who uses it to release "official" tweets:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/01/23/rep-ocasio-cortez-adviser-explains-why-money-hoarding-bill-gates-wealth-belongs-in-govt-hands-facepalms-ensue/

The acquisition of that much wealth has bad consequences. A moral society needs guardrails against it

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who remembers a time, about 5 or 10 years ago, when bringing morality into politics was the most horrible, Nazi, Handmaid's Tale thing you could do. Now they want the government to put up "guardrails" against immorality?

Do people really not notice how quickly and completely the Left has flipped from "Get your laws off my body/out of my bedroom" to being the "everything is problematic" morality police?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife