Author Topic: The Bronx chick strikes out  (Read 110832 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The Bronx chick strikes out
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2019, 07:22:44 PM »
The sad thing is, you could make a small fortune selling those shirts to her supporters.

We should do it -- and donate the money to whoever challenges her in two years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2019, 07:32:04 PM »
Uh oh
More on her "boy"friend

The guy Twitter punished last week for asking about @AOC’s boyfriend’s House email address just discovered a Super PAC paid the boyfriend $6000
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/02/20/the-guy-twitter-punished-last-week-for-asking-about-aocs-boyfriends-house-email-address-just-discovered-a-super-pac-paid-the-boyfriend-6000/

The Congresswoman Loves the Swamp
Her Wealthy Chief of Staff used a PAC to Pay Her Boyfriend
https://medium.com/@ltthompso/the-congresswoman-loves-the-swamp-d33296ec251e
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2019, 10:58:58 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2019, 12:16:12 PM »
A great point by Dan Bongino:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/02/23/bingo-dan-bongino-adds-not-so-minor-detail-to-rep-ocasio-cortezs-brag-about-her-living-wage-generosity-to-staffers/

She says she's "walking the walk" by making $52K/yr the minimum wage for her staff. Bongino mentions that it's easy to do when it's taxpayer money. When she distributes her own salary, then she's doing something.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2019, 12:22:36 PM »
A great point by Dan Bongino:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/02/23/bingo-dan-bongino-adds-not-so-minor-detail-to-rep-ocasio-cortezs-brag-about-her-living-wage-generosity-to-staffers/

She says she's "walking the walk" by making $52K/yr the minimum wage for her staff. Bongino mentions that it's easy to do when it's taxpayer money. When she distributes her own salary, then she's doing something.

Too true. It's not as if she had to look at company income vs. expenses to figure out how to pay those salaries and still pay the rent and the electric company. I don't know how congressional offices work, but I assume each representative gets 'X' dollars per year for staffing, so raising the salaries probably amounts to hiring a couple fewer staffers and spreading the unused money from those slots among the others.

I wonder if her boyfriend (excuse me, "partner") is listed as a staff member. Apparently she gave him a .gov e-mail address.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2019, 10:07:52 AM »
She's the boss

Talking about how she tried to overcome her insecurities, she said, “I’m at least trying, and they’re not. And so the power is in the person who’s trying, regardless of the success.

“If you’re trying, you’ve got all the power, you’re driving the agenda, you’re doing all this stuff,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“Like, I just introduced the Green New Deal two weeks ago, and it’s creating all of this conversation. Why? Because no one else has even tried,” she declared, in an apparent snub to Barack Obama’s Paris accord.

[…]

“Some people are like, ‘Oh, it’s unrealistic, oh, it’s vague, oh, it doesn’t address this minute little thing, and I’m like, you try! You do it! ‘Cause you’re not! ‘Cause you’re not! So, until you do it, I’m the boss!

“How about that?” she declared
Ocasio-Cortez Tried To Hit Back At Her Critics With This 'I Am The Boss' Moment Over Green New Deal
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/24/ocasio-cortez-tried-to-hit-back-at-her-critics-with-this-i-am-the-boss-moment-n2542116
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2019, 10:16:36 AM »
Bless her heart.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2019, 10:33:45 AM »
Every time she tries to talk tough, between that squeaky voice, like, using like, like, you know, like 50 times per, like, minute, and her absolute lack of knowledge, she like, reminds me of the like, cheerleader who like, just got nominated to like, Junior High student body president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiAgMMFzoXE
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2019, 11:15:25 AM »
Far too many brain cells jumped ship last time I heard her voice and I can't spare any more
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2019, 06:21:36 PM »
She needs to be more crazy bug eyed in that though

and a hint of fangs

wonderful what you can do with photochop.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »
Apparently Miss "save the planet" evades reporters in an SUV. I wonder if she knows GSA will provide her with a mini van (because the SUV is apparently for room for staff), or even a hybrid?

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/02/24/does-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-live-in-her-district-she-wont-answer-the-question-from-the-ny-post/

Perd Hapley

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2019, 09:03:00 AM »

Cash me outside - how-bow-dat?

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/02/24/omg-lol-comedian-tim-young-captured-aocs-im-the-boss-rant-hilariously-in-this-side-by-side-watch/

Just think, there are actually enough people who think she is smart to put her into office. Let that sink in for a moment.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:22:04 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2019, 12:35:30 PM »
Just think, there are actually enough people who think she is smart to put her into office. Let that sink in for a moment.

Makes me weep for our once great nation.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

griz

• friend
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2019, 12:37:21 PM »
An actual comic book, albeit satirical:

Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2019, 10:27:36 PM »
 :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2019, 10:13:22 AM »
Don't walk the "ban hamburgers" walk if you can't talk the "ban hamburgers" talk.  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/02/27/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-is-furious-at-these-photos-of-her-and-a-staffer-eating-a-hamburger-and-killing-the-planet/

Also I noticed that the same SJWs who are fine running republicans out of restaurants are now quite upset that someone would "harass" her at a restaurant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2019, 06:06:46 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2019, 09:07:09 AM »
She is the best meme material since Al Gore invented memes
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2019, 11:19:27 AM »
From AOC's FAQ:

We set a goal to get to net-zero rather than zero emissions, in ten years because we aren't sure that we'll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast, but we think we can ramp up renewable manufacturing and power production, retrofit every building in America, build the smart grid, overhaul transportation and agriculture, plant lots of trees and restore our ecosystem to get to net-zero.

What the heck does "net-zero" mean? Is she latching onto Al Gore's "carbon credits" idiocy? The concept of "net-zero" as opposed to zero obviously suggests some sort of tradeoff for some aspects that aren't capable of achieving true zero. But does that mean that some things need to achieve negative emissions? Is she contemplating machines or equipment that will suck greenhouse gasses out of the "ecosystem" and convert them into something unbad?

She claims to have a plan. I haven't seen any hint of a plan -- just a bunch of pie-in-the-sky ranting about accomplishing in ten years something that can't realistically be done in a hundred years. Case in point: I live in a 69-year old house that uses oil for heat and costs about $500 a month during the heating season. I would have to look up how many gallons of heating oil that translates to, but as an order of magnitude I'd guess between 1,500 and 2,000 gallons per year. I want to know what her plan is to retrofit my house to achieve zero use of fossil fuel. And who is going to pay for it, since I can't.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2019, 11:36:02 AM »
From AOC's FAQ:

What the heck does "net-zero" mean? Is she latching onto Al Gore's "carbon credits" idiocy? The concept of "net-zero" as opposed to zero obviously suggests some sort of tradeoff for some aspects that aren't capable of achieving true zero.

Net zero:

https://www.worldgbc.org/advancing-net-zero/what-net-zero

Note:

WorldGBC recognises that in most situations, net zero energy buildings, i.e. buildings that generate 100% of their energy needs on-site, are not feasible. Therefore, buildings that are energy efficient, and supply energy needs from renewable sources (on-site and/or off-site) is a more appropriate target for the mass scale required to achieve Paris Agreement levels of global emission reductions.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2019, 11:38:36 AM »
Wasn't Net-Zero a FREE internet company?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2019, 11:50:56 AM »
Hawk,
 That's easy. Your 70 YO house along with a few more  around yours the same age, or not, get bulldozed & they put up passive solar , 5 story "project" that won't work. Oh & you get one of the 600 square foot apartments, cause that's all you need.