Author Topic: The Bronx chick strikes out  (Read 110800 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: The Bronx chick strikes out
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2019, 10:38:13 AM »
Honestly, I know folks on the left who are successful and reasonably smart who think she is great.

She is moving the Overton window not only for the Dems but within the country. She has much better optics than Bernie.

I agree with you for the most part TommyGunn, she’s a nutter and seems like a loose cannon.

Although I dont think it is wise to dismiss her quite yet.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2019, 10:41:04 AM »
She may be bringing the same game that Trump used.

Trump was pretty far out there himself, he was the number one Obama birth certificate birther if you recall.

Trump tailors his message to the audience. When he was meeting with Putin I doubt he was ranting like he does at CPAC.

AOC and Trump may have some similarity in style, but Trump hasn't pushed the Republican Party to the right the way AOC pushes to the left. Of course, the popular mythology is that Trump is "far-right," but that's just the same alarmism they push about Romney, and Bush, and every other Republican.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »
The squeaky wheel gets the media spotlight
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2019, 11:15:30 AM »

AOC and Trump may have some similarity in style, but Trump hasn't pushed the Republican Party to the right the way AOC pushes to the left. Of course, the popular mythology is that Trump is "far-right," but that's just the same alarmism they push about Romney, and Bush, and every other Republican.

Trump is somewhat of a paleo-con lite. A more congenial Pat Buchanan who isn’t socially conservative.

In other words the left thinks he is Hitler
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2019, 12:41:53 PM »
Trump is somewhat of a paleo-con lite. A more congenial Pat Buchanan who isn’t socially conservative.

Waddyamean he's not a social conservative? He hates the gaaaayz! He's so mean to gaaaayz!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2019, 12:52:39 PM »

In other words the left thinks he is Hitler

To today's left there is no difference in a person saying there are only two genders and a person gassing millions of people.
They're  *****ing Bat**** Crazy
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2019, 02:18:36 PM »
Honestly, I know folks on the left who are successful and reasonably smart who think she is great.

She is moving the Overton window not only for the Dems but within the country. She has much better optics than Bernie.

I agree with you for the most part TommyGunn, she’s a nutter and seems like a loose cannon.

I'm not dismissing her.  I'm disdaining her.  >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2019, 02:28:58 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortezs-millionaire-chief-of-staff-violated-fec-rules-to-hide-885g-fec-complaint-alleges

New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Saikat Chakrabarti, the progressive firebrand's multimillionaire chief of staff, apparently violated campaign finance law by funneling nearly $1 million in contributions from political action committees Chakrabarti established to private companies that he also controlled, according to an explosive complaint filed Monday with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and obtained by Fox News.

Amid the allegations, a former FEC commissioner late Monday suggested in an interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation that Ocasio-Cortez and her team could separately be facing major fines and potentially even jail time if they were knowingly and willfully violating the law by hiding their control of the Justice Democrats political action committee (PAC). Such an arrangement could have allowed Ocasio-Cortez's campaign to receive donations in excess of the normal limit, by pooling contributions to both the PAC and the campaign itself.

Might be a big nothingburger.  Might be a bit more.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2019, 02:34:50 PM »
I, for one, eagerly await the "standard" televised, pre-dawn SWAT raid on Mr. Chakrabarti's home.  Process criminals are the most dangerous kind.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2019, 05:11:48 PM »

I agree she is playing to the Democrat liberal base.  I have also heard it said that this far ahead of the Presidential election, playing to the base is how to stand out from the crowd and get early support.  We will see if she can maintain that into next year.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2019, 11:05:07 AM »
I'm starting to think AOC and Omar are playing headline tag.
Not only is she playing the race card, she's playing it retroactively 

Ocasio-Cortez, at SXSW, blasts FDR, Reagan and capitalism, says political moderates are 'meh'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-slams-moderates-as-meh-at-sxsw-criticizes-americas-treatment-of-minorities
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2019, 06:23:08 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2019, 09:50:04 AM »
Now we need to tax corporations at 90% because "infinite resources" are right around the corner.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/03/11/aoc-misquotes-bill-gates-during-sxsw-speech-on-workplace-automation-says-capitalism-is-irredeemable/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2019, 09:55:11 AM »
Now we need to tax corporations at 90% because "infinite resources" are right around the corner.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/03/11/aoc-misquotes-bill-gates-during-sxsw-speech-on-workplace-automation-says-capitalism-is-irredeemable/

And you got to remember this is coming from someone who majored in economics  :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2019, 10:00:11 AM »
And you got to remember this is coming from someone who majored in economics  :facepalm:

Well, I for one can't wait for her, "A Star Trek Replicator for every home" legislation. I'll be replicating 1911s and 16 year old Lagavulin like nobody's business.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2019, 10:03:06 AM »
Well, I for one can't wait for her, "A Star Trek Replicator for every home" legislation. I'll be replicating 1911s and 16 year old Lagavulin like nobody's business.  =D

Yeah, but after the Green Deal is completed how will you power the darn things? I don't think a Gilligan Island petal bike is going to cut it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »
Yes Virginia, she is this stupid

Oh honey, NO! AOC claims Fox News is propaganda by mocking a LAW she clearly doesn’t know actually exists
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/03/11/oh-honey-no-aoc-claims-fox-news-is-propaganda-by-mocking-a-law-she-clearly-doesnt-know-actually-exists/
- Calvin and Hobbes

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2019, 06:20:23 PM »
Yes Virginia, she is this stupid

Oh honey, NO! AOC claims Fox News is propaganda by mocking a LAW she clearly doesn’t know actually exists
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/03/11/oh-honey-no-aoc-claims-fox-news-is-propaganda-by-mocking-a-law-she-clearly-doesnt-know-actually-exists/

Kind of like the irony behind Rashida Tlaib, at a MoveOn.org rally, saying "we're going to impeach the mother f'er!"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2019, 10:11:04 PM »
More AOC hypocrisy: http://www.theamericanmirror.com/ocasio-cortez-takes-gas-guzzling-suv-to-lecture-americans-about-climate-change-at-sxsw/

Attends conference on Climate Change -- arrives in large SUV. With plastic water bottle in the door. So much for urgently needing to take drastic measures.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2019, 10:13:35 PM »
There's rules for you and there's rules for the elites
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2019, 12:45:54 AM »
More AOC hypocrisy: http://www.theamericanmirror.com/ocasio-cortez-takes-gas-guzzling-suv-to-lecture-americans-about-climate-change-at-sxsw/

Attends conference on Climate Change -- arrives in large SUV. With plastic water bottle in the door. So much for urgently needing to take drastic measures.

Didn't the auto execs get a lot of flack for taking private jets to go ask for a bail-out?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2019, 01:43:07 AM »

Didn't the auto execs get a lot of flack for taking private jets to go ask for a bail-out?

:cough: :cough: Leonardo DiCaprio  :cough:  :cough:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2019, 02:23:18 AM »
I'm suspecting the DNC is letting their whackos run loose until an approriate time before the election so their "normally" impractical candidates and programs look rational and middle of the road and feasible as all get-out.

Hey, if I can think of it, they can, too.  It's all PR and propaganda.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2019, 08:19:32 AM »
I'm suspecting the DNC is letting their whackos run loose until an approriate time before the election so their "normally" impractical candidates and programs look rational and middle of the road and feasible as all get-out.

Hey, if I can think of it, they can, too.  It's all PR and propaganda.

Sometimes I think like that but then sometimes I think the whackos are now the ones in charge.
The latter's sometimes is running at about 90% of the time right now.
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2019, 05:00:36 PM »
Yeah, but after the Green Deal is completed how will you power the darn things? I don't think a Gilligan Island petal bike is going to cut it.

You just need to lay in a supply of dilithium crystals.