Author Topic: The best freaking chili I have ever had...  (Read 10597 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: The best freaking chili I have ever had...
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 12:04:14 PM »
Thanks, Ron,

Not too particularly worried about MSG.

Yeah, it's sodium, but with as much fluid as I drink each day I keep things moving through, I suspect. Doctor has never given me any reason to cut down on sodium.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 11:15:25 PM »
Ran across an article a while back that said MSG isn't as bad as everyone says.  It made a good case that MSG pretty much got a bum rap.  I'll poke around a bit to see if I can find it again.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2020, 08:15:18 AM »
Ran across an article a while back that said MSG isn't as bad as everyone says.  It made a good case that MSG pretty much got a bum rap.  I'll poke around a bit to see if I can find it again.

I believe it.

Similar compounds occur naturally and can be found in soy sauce, tomato sauce and other foods.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2020, 08:56:14 AM »
I've read similar articles. I've no fear of it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2020, 09:06:54 AM »
Gray, rainy, chill day here in Northern Virginia.

Perfect day for a big ass pot of rapper chili!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2020, 09:10:10 PM »
Badia sells a non msg version of sazon for those who aren't into msg.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.