Author Topic: Dr. Pepper pork.  (Read 2846 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Dr. Pepper pork.
« on: January 20, 2019, 06:44:45 PM »
Turned out really well.

Country style pork ribs cover with 12oz Dr. Pepper, ketchup, siracha, black pepper, worchestershire. Crock pot low eight hours. Mmmm.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Dr. Pepper pork.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 07:12:04 PM »
Sounds delicious.

Does the Dr Pepper really add a distinctive flavor?

Sounds like a good combo even without the soda.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 07:51:22 PM »
I do the pork loin with root beer that Giga recommended years ago all the time. It works really well.

I'm guessing Dr. Pepper would be a different flavor.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 08:47:14 AM »
It wasn't oversweet, but I assume the sugar does work with pork and the acid helps break things down. One thing was I thought that just ketchup with it's attendant sugar would make pork candy. So I liberally hosed it with Sriracha and it really wasn't spicy in the end. Or sweet. Mission accomplished.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 07:29:03 AM »
Dr. Pepper has apparently been a preferred cooking liquid for country ham in the south for many years.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.