Author Topic: Onion  (Read 2620 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Onion
« on: January 20, 2019, 07:10:10 PM »
Grilled a steak for dinner. Baked a sweet potato and a sweet onion for the sides.

If you have never baked an onion I recommend trying it out.

I cut the top and bottom of the peeled onion flat.

I core out a hole on the root side large enough for a bullion cube.

The original recipe callled for putting a chicken bullion cube in the cored out hole, I use a bullion paste equivalent to one cube. Top the hole with a slice of butter. Salt and pepper the onion then wrap in foil.

Cook at 400 for an hour or until soft all the way through.

Generally I unwrap the foil while it is in a bowl then slide the foil out leaving the onion in the juices.

It is probably two servings using a big onion. I eat a whole one myself.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Onion
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 07:26:56 PM »
"It's good, though..."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Onion
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 07:49:36 PM »
My mom and I used to wrap onions and potato's in tin foil with butter, salt and pepper and stick them in the grill with the coals when we were grilling. I also did mushrooms that way.

Delicious. The onions were particularly good.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds