Author Topic: Smoked Pork Loin  (Read 2997 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Smoked Pork Loin
« on: March 20, 2019, 03:56:00 PM »
I got a smoker for Christmas and I've used it roughly 3 times per month since then. (Some weekends it just doesn't work because of snow/rain/or travel)

A newly discovered favorite? Smoked Pork Loin.

First iteration, I smoked the entire pork loin at once. It was good, but nothing spectacular.

Then I sliced it into thick chops. Brined overnight (garlic, peppercorns, onion, apple slices, and salt + water) then rubbed with your favorite spice rub.

Smoke for 3ish hours at around 200.

Effectively, the chops become the thickest bacon you've ever had. Not as good as crisp bacon, but chops with that flavor. I've had people who hate pork* LOVE these chops.

I buy a whole pork loin and it provides enough meat for about half the week for my family. This week I did two and I think we will get through it all this week.

*(not all pork, they said they like bacon, but not pork the ways they've had it served)

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought