Author Topic: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time  (Read 103857 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time
« on: March 28, 2019, 09:14:17 AM »
There are so many candidates, from Julian "How do you do, fellow Earth-beings?" Castro, to Pete Buda- Butti- B-something, we need a thread for all of their gafs, grafts, and whatever makes us laugh. To kick things off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwB_sfuPgkQ
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 10:15:32 AM »
I heard a comment yesterday that Beto is sucking up all the media attention lately and there is little room for some of the lesser known candidates to get attention.  That person wondered if Biden would still get in the race now. 

I don't watch the news so you might see this more than me.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 10:15:51 AM »
So I guess pretty much none of them are dropping out until the first debates? It's gonna be funny to see the wailing about unfairness when CNN et al start choosing who gets to be in the "first string" debates and who gets into the secondary debates that no one watches. Which is a model I'm assuming they are going to have to do just so the debates aren't 14 hours long. They did it with the Rs in 2016, and there were a lot less of them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 02:31:53 PM »
So I guess pretty much none of them are dropping out until the first debates? It's gonna be funny to see the wailing about unfairness when CNN et al start choosing who gets to be in the "first string" debates and who gets into the secondary debates that no one watches. Which is a model I'm assuming they are going to have to do just so the debates aren't 14 hours long. They did it with the Rs in 2016, and there were a lot less of them.

The DNC/RNC pretty much picks the lineups for the network debates.  This is how they eliminate 3rd party debates.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 09:42:08 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 10:27:17 AM »

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 01:37:20 PM »

Seen on the Internetz: Biden's campaign song is Aqualung.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 05:15:00 PM »
Biden in the news: https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/article_cba7d87e-fac8-5339-9621-de52b1155e48.html

“All of us who have been around Joe Biden — he hugs men, women and children,” said Dick Harpootlian, a South Carolina state senator and avid Biden supporter.

“He is a hugger. That’s just the generation he comes from, and that’s his personality. You shouldn’t read anything into it other than he was doing what he has done to me, to my daughter, to my wife, to Barack Obama.”

If Biden made Flores feel uncomfortable, he said, it was unintended.

Reality check: Joe Biden is a year and a half older than I am, so we are the same generation. And in my generation, men did NOT hug random people. In fact, in my generation, the general rule was that men didn't express much emotion in any way. We certainly didn't (and don't) make a habit of pawing women we've only just met, inhaling their hair, and kissing them. Bottom line: Joe Biden is a creep at best, and perhaps a perv at worst.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 06:20:27 PM »
He is a hugger. That’s just the generation he comes from...

Toxic geriatry.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 11:45:36 AM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/joe-biden-appointed-head-of-tsa

President Trump announced Friday that Biden is his appointment to the Transporation Security Administration.

Biden will be tasked with showing TSA agents how to violate people's personal space and privacy in their daily groping of American citizens. He already has "dozens" of charts and infographics he began to hand out to TSA workers all across the country, creeping up on them and gingerly setting the files in their hands as he whispered his instructions in their ears.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:49:39 PM by fistful »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 08:36:16 AM »
Mr. Nukem is in

Eric Swalwell Announced His Candidacy Tonight And People's Reactions Are Priceless
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/04/08/eric-nuke-them-swalwell-is-running-for-president-heres-peoples-instant-react-n2544468

We're going to need a bigger clown car
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 09:04:23 AM »
Mr. Nukem is in

Eric Swalwell Announced His Candidacy Tonight And People's Reactions Are Priceless
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/04/08/eric-nuke-them-swalwell-is-running-for-president-heres-peoples-instant-react-n2544468

We're going to need a bigger clown car

"Hold my Zima." :lol:

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 09:14:14 AM »
I'd like to announce today that I, too, am running for the 2020 Democratic nomination.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 09:20:49 AM »
I'd like to announce today that I, too, am running for the 2020 Democratic nomination.

On which platform? Nuking the USA into oblivion over guns, or the "we're all going to die in 10 years" platform? Or maybe you're running on a moderate dem platform of "Free stuff for everybody!"?

=D

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 09:32:32 AM »
In order to distinguish my platform from my esteemed opponents I'm going to move a smidge to the left and campaign on enforced equity for all.  My primary planks will be radical redistribution of all fungible resources, seizure by the Federal government of all things that cannot be equitably shared, and surgically rendering everyone to a lowest common denominator of health and intelligence for the ultimate in social fairness.

As our Founding Parental Units of as yet Indeterminate Gender and Sexual Orientation would have really wanted if they only had my vision.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 09:38:07 AM »
In order to distinguish my platform from my esteemed opponents I'm going to move a smidge to the left and campaign on enforced equity for all.  My primary planks will be radical redistribution of all fungible resources, seizure by the Federal government of all things that cannot be equitably shared, and surgically rendering everyone to a lowest common denominator of health and intelligence for the ultimate in social fairness.

As our Founding Parental Units of as yet Indeterminate Gender and Sexual Orientation would have really wanted if they only had my vision.

Well, that should get you the endorsements of all the late night teevee hosts.  :laugh:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 01:06:32 PM »
Thanks to Twitchy, I finally figured out who Swalwell reminds me of.  :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QApeYpw7KQQ

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 11:17:09 PM »
Being in public office and running for president are apparently charitable contributions now. That's some comedy gold right there:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/04/16/spin-tastic-beto-orourke-explains-meager-donations-to-charity-hint-public-service-for-the-charitable-win/

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 10:09:47 PM »
Being in public office and running for president are apparently charitable contributions now. That's some comedy gold right there:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/04/16/spin-tastic-beto-orourke-explains-meager-donations-to-charity-hint-public-service-for-the-charitable-win/

Don't you understand? He has blessed you with his time!!! Wash his feet damnit!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 08:06:45 PM »
Warren's tax payer funded vote bribe

The Massachusetts senator says the proposal unveiled Monday would eliminate almost all student loan debt for 42 million Americans, canceling $50,000 in debt for each person with household income under $100,000. According to Warren's description of the plan in a piece to be posted on Medium, the debt cancellation proposal would create a one-time cost to the federal government of $640 billion.

Warren unveils $640 billion college debt forgiveness plan
http://www.wave3.com/2019/04/22/warren-unveils-billion-college-debt-forgiveness-plan/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:10:33 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 09:53:12 PM »
Warren's tax payer's funded vote bribe

Warren unveils $640 billion college debt forgiveness plan
http://www.wave3.com/2019/04/22/warren-unveils-billion-college-debt-forgiveness-plan/

Will those that actually worked and saved and paid ALL their student loan debt get any kind of rebate?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 10:49:52 AM »
Will those that actually worked and saved and paid ALL their student loan debt get any kind of rebate?

No, because they have exhibited evil capitalistic and self-sufficient behavior.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 11:14:10 AM »
No, because they have exhibited evil capitalistic and self-sufficient behavior.

Yeah, like thinking what they worked for is actually theirs
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2019, 09:18:23 PM »
You didn't build that.