Author Topic: No good deed shall go unpunished  (Read 995 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
No good deed shall go unpunished
« on: June 29, 2023, 01:48:31 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-mom-offered-lemonade-stand-jobs-alabama-s-labor-department-stepped-in/ar-AA1dbW1d

Mom guides kid to a successful lemonade business. Mom tries to help other kids learn how to be more professional -- state Labor Department steps in to save the kids.

I guess technically the Labor Department is right, but this looks a lot like one of those times when right is wrong.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 03:24:19 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Re: No goo deed shall go unpunished
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 02:22:49 PM »
This is one of those times where a normal person would make a judgement call and do nothing, but a petty, legalistic bureaucrat can do nothing but quote law and regulation.

Though the labor department complaint was “heartbreaking,” Johnson said it came with a silver lining — a flood of support from across the country and tons of inquiries about shipping lemonade.

“It’s been incredible,” she said. “It’s literally taking lemons and turning them into lemonade.”
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 02:53:05 PM »
Well, this is what happens when you try to pass goo off as lemonade...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 03:25:03 PM »
Well, this is what happens when you try to pass goo off as lemonade...

Typo corrected  :facepalm:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design