Author Topic: Babylon Bee  (Read 48496 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Babylon Bee
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2020, 08:21:08 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2020, 01:47:47 PM »
I saw this at lunch and thought it was just hilarious for some reason.  Very sacreligious. 

New Political Bible Adds (R) Or (D) After Each Character's Name
https://babylonbee.com/news/new-political-bible-adds-r-or-d-after-each-characters-name

"Obviously, right off the bat, God is followed by an R, while the serpent is followed by a D," the project's chief editor, Dr. Gary Leyland, told reporters. "Those ones are easy. Some of the other characters are a little tougher, as we have little written evidence of their modern American political ideology. But we can usually figure it out with context. For instance, if a character works a lot and is rich, they're a Republican. If a character is poor and wears sandals, definitely Democrat. Except for Jesus."

"The weird characters no one likes are probably libertarians."
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2020, 11:08:35 AM »
Good article attached to this one...

https://babylonbee.com/news/police-officer-claims-he-feared-for-his-life-when-he-shot-familys-roomba
Police Officer Claims He Feared For His Life After Shooting Family's Roomba To Death

Now the officer claims he feared for his life when he was "aggressively approached" by the automated vacuum device.

"I feared for my life, and that is why I unloaded approximately 11 rounds into the dangerous, aggressive robot vacuum," he said in a press conference. "You don't always have time to accurately assess all threats when you are in a life-and-death situation like that. Police officer safety is our number one priority when we're out in the field."

"Uh, I mean, other than your safety, of course," he quickly added.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2020, 10:27:40 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/popular-new-noah-diet-has-you-eat-two-of-every-animal-at-every-meal
Popular New 'Noah Diet' Has You Eat Two Of Every Animal At Every Meal

The diet calls for adherents to eat two of every animal at every meal. While some complain the price would add up on all that meat, Embry says, "you can't put a price on good health." Embry is also developing new Noah milkshakes that contain two of every animal blended together in one delicious, easy-to-prepare smoothie. "We're also working on a jerky line," Embry told reporters.

A link for the next time you meet a vegetarian.   =D

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2020, 10:56:22 PM »
Good article attached to this one...

https://babylonbee.com/news/police-officer-claims-he-feared-for-his-life-when-he-shot-familys-roomba
Police Officer Claims He Feared For His Life After Shooting Family's Roomba To Death

At publishing time, an investigation had revealed that Officer Nimitz was in the entirely wrong house in the first place, with the correct address being over five miles away.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
CNN Purchases Industrial-Sized Washing Machine To Spin News Before Publication
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/cnn-purchases-industrial-sized-washing-machine-spin-news-publication
CNN Purchases Industrial-Sized Washing Machine To Spin News Before Publication

Snopes actually fact checked this:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cnn-washing-machine/
Did CNN Purchase an Industrial-Sized Washing Machine to Spin News?
Labeled Satire

:rofl:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Snopes actually fact checked this:

I am continually amazed at what Snopes has become. They are broken people.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2020, 01:34:56 AM »
Re CNN's washing machine...

I'm no fan of Snopes, but I suspect it was the dozens, if not hundreds, of broken people who hit Snopes to check out the story who made them enter it as an item.

Either that, or Snopes has a sense of humor, too.

Terry

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2020, 10:10:54 PM »
Grizzly Bear Shatters All Pro Wrestling Records After Identifying As Human
https://babylonbee.com/news/grizzly-bear-shatters-pro-wrestling-records-after-identifying-as-a-human

“The Grizzly has stated that his preferred pronouns are he/him/human and so we are going to respect that,” said A.J. Styles, wincing in pain as doctors attempted to realign his spine — another victim of the Grizzly’s punishment.

There was a link to this bear survival book with the article. 
https://www.amazon.com/Bears-Want-Kill-Ethan-Nicolle/dp/B07R9TQYT6/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2020, 10:33:59 PM »
Heroic Trump Saves Indian Woman From Sniper's Bullet Aimed Directly At Her Forehead
https://babylonbee.com/news/heroic-trump-saves-indian-woman-from-snipers-bullet-aimed-directly-at-her-forehead
While everyone else wasn't observant enough to notice the targeting dot planted right on her forehead, Trump's famed observational skills and reaction time saved the day.

At publishing time, Trump had saved hundreds more women from would-be assassins all across the land.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2020, 10:25:17 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2020, 11:24:57 PM »
Oh great .... cue massive run on Chic-fil-A   in 3 .... 2 .... 1 .....  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2020, 12:08:43 AM »
Oh great .... cue massive run on Chic-fil-A   in 3 .... 2 .... 1 .....  [tinfoil]

That story was posted a day or 3 ago, but there's always a run at CFA.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2020, 06:22:58 AM »
That story was posted a day or 3 ago, but there's always a run at CFA.

For realz. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2020, 12:20:05 PM »
I got a chuckle out of this headline:

https://babylonbee.com/news/obamas-promise-to-donate-all-proceeds-from-multimillion-dollar-book-netflix-deals-to-combat-wealth-inequality

Also the last line:
"At publishing time, the Obamas had released a video in which they committed to allowing refugees and undocumented immigrants to stay in their new mansion."
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2020, 12:44:40 PM »
I got a chuckle out of this headline:

https://babylonbee.com/news/obamas-promise-to-donate-all-proceeds-from-multimillion-dollar-book-netflix-deals-to-combat-wealth-inequality

Also the last line:
"At publishing time, the Obamas had released a video in which they committed to allowing refugees and undocumented immigrants to stay in their new mansion."

No doubt the refugees and illegals will turn down the cash, and ask for one of Michelle's hash-tags, instead.

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2020, 10:57:52 PM »
The back and forth in this is [popcorn] time

Pastor dad warns that The Babylon Bee is ‘a white supremacist rag that exploits Christians for clicks’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/06/20/pastor-dad-warns-that-the-babylon-bee-is-a-white-supremacist-rag-that-exploits-christians-for-clicks/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2020, 12:06:23 AM »
It was only a matter of time before someone accused the Bee of racism.  Something near and dear to his heart got satirized.

- Barack Obama

230RN

• friend
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2020, 08:42:47 AM »
Glasses cleaning time.  I read it as "...exports Christians for chicks."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2020, 10:26:54 AM »
The back and forth in this is [popcorn] time

Pastor dad warns that The Babylon Bee is ‘a white supremacist rag that exploits Christians for clicks’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/06/20/pastor-dad-warns-that-the-babylon-bee-is-a-white-supremacist-rag-that-exploits-christians-for-clicks/

When they say "racist", it doesn't seem to mean anything in particular.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2020, 04:54:52 PM »
When they say "racist", it doesn't seem to mean anything in particular.

Whites being racist toward blacks, at least in America, became a joke sometime around 2009. Not because a black guy was elected, but because the race card was finally so over-used, it just gave out.

Of course, that's just my opinion. When I hear that a white American has been racist, I tend to roll my eyes, or laugh. Unless, of course, the evidence shows it's true. Clearly, there are people still being fooled by the wolf-crying.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2020, 05:34:44 PM »
Meanings are getting badly blurred in the language, with connotative meanings being used for everything.

Racism is bad, but not everything bad is racist.  I'm surprised that nobody is using the term "racist" to describe a 30-car pileup on the highway.  

Hey, pileup bad.  Racism bad.  Therefore pileup is racist.

It may come to that sooner or later if everything is called racist.