Armed Polite Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

R.I.P. Scout26

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Babylon Bee  (Read 22251 times)

Ben

• Administrator
Re: Babylon Bee
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2021, 06:07:40 PM »

https://babylonbee.com/news/23-of-galaxy-believes-they-are-more-unified-since-palpatine-became-emperor

I could not believe it when I read the article the BB is making fun of here. How the *expletive deleted*ck stupid are people? The MSM really thinks they can get away with anything.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2021, 06:17:08 PM »

In other news Babylon Bee calls it quits because they discover they can't out do the MSM and the democrats anymore
Never Underestimate The Power Of The Stupid Side

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2021, 06:39:11 PM »

I could not believe it when I read the article the BB is making fun of here. How the *expletive deleted*ck stupid are people? The MSM really thinks they can get away with anything.

I vaguely understand the Star Wars reference, but don't know what MSM silliness they are mocking.  Did a quick news search on "23%" and came up blank.  (odd that the BB article didn't show up)
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2021, 07:28:26 PM »

I vaguely understand the Star Wars reference, but don't know what MSM silliness they are mocking.  Did a quick news search on "23%" and came up blank.  (odd that the BB article didn't show up)

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1388968935828213764
"Tastes kind-of like cherry cough syrup and swimming-pool water, with a hint of puke."
                   - Paul Harrell describes Red Bull

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2021, 01:02:25 PM »

Meanwhile

Seth Dillon
@SethDillon
Yesterday our counsel sent a letter to @nytimes demanding a retraction. We took this action because their article was—and remains—defamatory.

Seth Dillon
@SethDillon
In an article about Facebook's difficulty in dealing with satire, the New York Times points to The Babylon Bee as an example of a "far-right misinformation site" that "sometimes trafficked in misinformation under the guise of satire."

‘We cannot stand idly by’: Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon announces legal action against NYT for ‘defamatory’ article
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/03/we-cannot-stand-idly-by-babylon-bee-ceo-seth-dillon-announces-legal-action-against-nyt-for-defamatory-article/

[popcorn]
Never Underestimate The Power Of The Stupid Side

HankB

• friend
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2021, 01:50:44 PM »

... Did a quick news search on "23%" and came up blank...
I think that may be the actual percentage of the vote Biden got in the last election.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Those who work for a living are being BURIED by those who vote for a living.
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2021, 02:00:30 PM »

There was an article that reported something like "Of the people who think the country is more united now than under Trump, 87% credit Biden"

Once you dug into the actual numbers, only 23% of respondents believed that the country was more united.

I think this was the article: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/country-optimistic-bidens-1st-100-days-poll/story?id=77440236
It may have been a tweet that focused on the 87% number.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2021, 06:43:04 PM »

There was an article that reported something like "Of the people who think the country is more united now than under Trump, 87% credit Biden"

Once you dug into the actual numbers, only 23% of respondents believed that the country was more united.

I think this was the article: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/country-optimistic-bidens-1st-100-days-poll/story?id=77440236
It may have been a tweet that focused on the 87% number.

In other news the daily chocolate ration has gone up from 12 grams to 8.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2021, 04:51:45 PM »

In other news the daily chocolate ration has gone up from 12 grams to 8.

Okay George.  >:D  :old:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2021, 12:57:59 AM »

"Tastes kind-of like cherry cough syrup and swimming-pool water, with a hint of puke."
                   - Paul Harrell describes Red Bull
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]