Author Topic: I think Trump really dropped the ball on Syria and the Kurds  (Read 11562 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: I think Trump really dropped the ball on Syria and the Kurds
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2019, 07:16:04 AM »
And Newsweek is already reporting on the new leader of ISIS.  Didn't take long at all.

Every quality organization needs an organizational chart and a line of succession.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2019, 07:59:27 AM »
Using the military to install compliant leaders/governments in middle east countries is a fools errand.

Time to get out of the region.

If we want to maintain a base in the region what's wrong with making Israel our logistical hub?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2019, 08:12:12 AM »
Using the military to install compliant leaders/governments in middle east countries is a fools errand.

Time to get out of the region.

If we want to maintain a base in the region what's wrong with making Israel our logistical hub?

It really complicates moving stuff around the region.  Lots of stuff needs to flow in and out of a logistical hub, and short of "*expletive deleted*ck you , we're invading" you can't easily cross those borders.  Israel is a really bad basing strategy if you are trying to draw down the region.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2019, 08:22:59 AM »
It really complicates moving stuff around the region.  Lots of stuff needs to flow in and out of a logistical hub, and short of "*expletive deleted*ck you , we're invading" you can't easily cross those borders.  Israel is a really bad basing strategy if you are trying to draw down the region.

I only say them because all the others are on various levels of instability and craziness domestically.

Im not nor have I ever been in the military. As a joe blow member of the public I've  just really lost all respect for the leadership who think our involvement in the region is necessary.

Im not a believer in the "mission" whatever the hell it is purportedly.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2019, 10:19:35 AM »
Just so I'm being clear, I'm not commenting on the mission with that post. 

As a guy that has done Logistics in that AO a lot, and am doing it now, there's real, practical issues with using Israel as a LOGBASE.  It's a very challenging area to move stuff around in.  In a lot of ways it was easier when the war was really on, and we could just roll trucks with stuff.  Yeah, they might get blown up, but we got them moving in reasonable timeframes.  Crossing borders in the mid east is an exercise in planning, frustration, and planning to be frustrated.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2019, 11:45:06 AM »

We do store a lot of military equipment in Isreal; here's an old article about it:

https://www.haaretz.com/1.5083976

brimic

• friends
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2019, 03:41:57 PM »
If true, this is some God level 5D chess for you....

https://twitter.com/40_head/status/1188754960130854914?s=21
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2019, 03:54:03 PM »

If that's even half true, I LUV it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2019, 06:30:36 PM »

So, Pelosi was working for  ISIS?

That doesn't sound likely... at all...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2019, 10:23:28 PM »
So, Pelosi was working for  ISIS?

That doesn't sound likely... at all...
I can see where they are coming from, but no logic is going to carry that one without some proof. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2019, 10:25:02 PM »
That twitter source is probably friends with this one so you never know who your sources are. 
https://babylonbee.com/news/cnn-uncovers-evidence-hero-dog-sniffed-butts
CNN Uncovers Evidence Hero Dog Sniffed Dozens Of Butts Back In College
U.S.—Everyone praised the classified "Hero Dog" for taking down ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

"Oh yeah, good old [redacted]? He was nuts!" said one German Shepherd who attended Old Yaler Obedience School with the hero dog, according to a CNN report. "He was always sniffing any butt he could find. Cats, dogs, humans, you name it. He didn't have a preference. He identified as pansniffual."

Democrats immediately called for the dog to be court-martialed and for the death of Baghdadi to be overturned.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design