Author Topic: Texas man shoots intruder, then goes back to bed; charged with murder  (Read 800 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/09/27/dallas-man-accused-of-fatally-shooting-burglar-and-going-back-to-bed-before-calling-911/

Not sure what to make of this.  The accused says he caught someone trying to break into his storage shed around 5:00am and shot the person when he advanced toward him.  The accused went back to bed after the incident.  His wife called an attorney before calling 911 over two hours later.  No spent shell casings were found (the accused claimed that he threw them in the trash).  Neighbors report a different number of shots fired than what the accused claims. 

It's all very hinky.   I have the feeling this was something much more personal in nature.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
Re: Texas man shoots intruder, then goes back to bed; charged with murder
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 11:25:31 AM »
Pickaxe is a seriously deadly weapon.  Why is he being charged?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 12:20:09 PM »
Pickaxe is a seriously deadly weapon.  Why is he being charged?

Because his story doesn't add up?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 02:59:26 PM »
Pickaxe is a seriously deadly weapon.  Why is he being charged?
Maybe because he sought legal advice before calling 911? Or he refused to answer the 911 operator's questions?

Probably more to this story than we know so far - I'm reserving judgement on the right or wrong of it pending additional info.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 09:09:55 AM »
The only part of his story that may not add up is the number of shots fired as far as I can tell... and people are notorious for getting that sort of thing wrong.

He didn't call the cops because he though the guy got away clean... very possible.

Refused to answer dispatcher's questions... that's what most people will tell you, don't talk to the cops without a lawyer.  I bet you that's what his lawyer told him to say.

Maybe there is something going on that the story isn't saying, but I'm not seeing evidence that he did anything wrong.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 09:21:13 AM »
I was wondering why he picked up the shell casings if he was going back to bed, but maybe it was habit from shooting practice.  And stress affects different people differently. 

There could be a lot more to this, but it could also be a clean case of self defense.  Hard to know for certain based on the information. 
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 06:24:58 PM »
I was wondering why he picked up the shell casings if he was going back to bed, but maybe it was habit from shooting practice.  And stress affects different people differently. 

Yeah, picking up shell casings is weird too, I forgot that.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 12:45:21 PM »
If he was a reloader I could understand picking them up out of habit, but he trashed them, so no.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 02:23:19 PM »
Yeah, picking up shell casings is weird too, I forgot that.

I could see someone picking them up just to avoid mowing them.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht