Author Topic: Italian Salad Dressing and Venison  (Read 3086 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Italian Salad Dressing and Venison
« on: November 10, 2019, 02:31:57 PM »
So I got hooked up to some Venison and Elk, and I made some of the venison today. I was looking for some interesting recipes and stumbled upon one where they used Italian salad dressing. I was like, "Wut?", but reading the reviews, it got a lot of thumbs up, so I gave it a try, altered to my tastes.

Pierced steak all over with a fork. Salt and peppered both sides of the steak like I usually do, added a tad of Kansas City rub, then very lightly dribbled some Italian dressing on both sides and rubbed it in really well. I let it sit for a couple of hours, then put it in a good and hot carbon steel pan with a little olive oil and butter. Three minutes per side to a medium rare.

It was REALLY good. Some of the best venison I remember having. I'm gonna try this dressing trick on other steaks as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Italian Salad Dressing and Venison
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 07:27:45 AM »
I've done that before with beef. Italian dressing does a very good job of seasoning the meat.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:33:17 AM »
It's a quick and easy chicken recipe for me. I'll have to try it on steak as well.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 09:46:14 AM »
I remember in the 80s, used to be recipes on the bottle for marinating meat with Italian dressing.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 10:43:25 AM »
Sign me up also with using this with chicken.  I used to also buy the Paul Newman's Lime Dressing as a chicken marinade, until I read the bottle and thought I could make this from scratch for cheaper.  I like to marinade chicken thighs and then grill them.  Delicious.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 11:04:44 PM »
Yep Italian dressing makes a great universal meat marinade.  As for chicken though, I slightly prefer balsamic over Italian.