Author Topic: They edited the Solo-Greedo scene again?  (Read 2082 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
They edited the Solo-Greedo scene again?
« on: November 12, 2019, 01:33:56 PM »
They say it's for real, I have no way of knowing one way or another. I have my doubts
But if real
Greedo still misses from 18 inches away!
Just stop it already, go back to the original!

‘MACLUNKEY!’: Disney+ under fire for changing the Han Solo-Greedo scene in ‘Star Wars: A New Hope’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/11/12/maclunkey-disney-under-fire-for-changing-the-han-solo-greedo-scene-in-star-wars-a-new-hope/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: They edited the Solo-Greedo scene again?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 02:45:58 PM »
/facepalm

Oh well. Disney just continues to screw Star Wars up in a myriad of major and subtler ways.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 03:58:47 PM »
My childhood memory of that scene was messed up.  Of course, back then it was years between seeing it in theatres and then TV.  VHS was brand new.  I remember thinking Solo was doing something to wiring or something on the wall with his left hand.  I also thought he kicked the table into the guy. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 04:15:22 PM »
My childhood memory of that scene was messed up.  Of course, back then it was years between seeing it in theatres and then TV.  VHS was brand new.  I remember thinking Solo was doing something to wiring or something on the wall with his left hand.  I also thought he kicked the table into the guy. 

He was fiddling with the wall with his left hand, probably as a distraction so his right hand could go for his blaster.  Han shot first.  And that is the right and proper action for Han to take since he was being held at gun point.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 04:20:05 PM »
He was fiddling with the wall with his left hand, probably as a distraction so his right hand could go for his blaster.  Han shot first.  And that is the right and proper action for Han to take since he was being held at gun point.
I understand the scene now, but sometimes versions from your childhood memory stick with you.  Sort of like people who thought doctors made $20K per year because that is what it was in LIFE the board game.

I remember stumbling across an episode of Gunsmoke not too long ago and one of the characters was in trouble for a gun fight where he drew first.  Half the show had people saying that if he drew first, it couldn't have been self defense and he must be guilty.  That was a Western movie thing that I never heard until then. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 04:30:10 PM »
I understand the scene now, but sometimes versions from your childhood memory stick with you.  Sort of like people who thought doctors made $20K per year because that is what it was in LIFE the board game.

I remember stumbling across an episode of Gunsmoke not too long ago and one of the characters was in trouble for a gun fight where he drew first.  Half the show had people saying that if he drew first, it couldn't have been self defense and he must be guilty.  That was a Western movie thing that I never heard until then.  

Well in this case Greedo had already drew so why the heck Lucas thought it was a bad thing for Solo to shoot first in the reedits is beyond me
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 04:31:25 PM »
Well in this case Greedo had already drawed so why the heck Lucas thought it was a bad thing for Solo to shoot first in the reedits is beyond me

Nanny state-ism.  Even back then the bleeding heart SJWs were on the attack.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 04:00:51 PM »
Idiots.  The original edit worked the best.

Let another space cowboy show them how it's done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_0xsLpvVIM
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 04:17:54 PM »
^ (link)

I expected to see his body being picked up and blown away from the exhaust.

Did I miss something?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:39:55 PM by 230RN »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 05:32:41 PM »
^ (link)

I expected to see his body being picked up and blown away from the exhaust.

Did I miss something?

Well, different story, but . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPRlHwwVIug
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 10:41:59 PM »
I always smiled at this FX promo for Justified some time ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVT0B3pPsa8

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 12:32:53 AM »
Han Mal Raylan shot first.
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 07:56:13 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2019, 09:38:36 AM »
They should show the original, and just attach a warning like they are doing for other Disney movies.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/disney-content-warnings-in-films-causes-stir-1202785527/

I have to admit, it took some deep reflection to recall the racism in Lady and the Tramp and The Aristocats. But, after closer inspection I was able to see the racism hiding in plain sight. I'm really glad I was able to get woke and recognize the insensitivity.

Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 09:45:29 AM »
They should show the original, and just attach a warning like they are doing for other Disney movies.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/disney-content-warnings-in-films-causes-stir-1202785527/

I have to admit, it took some deep reflection to recall the racism in Lady and the Tramp and The Aristocats. But, after closer inspection I was able to see the racism hiding in plain sight. I'm really glad I was able to get woke and recognize the insensitivity.

I had to look it up to figure out what was racist in Lady and the Tramp. OH, the siamese cats.

Apparently accents are racist.

Are they going to have warnings about Mary Poppins and Dick Van Dyck's accent? Or any Irish accent?

Or are those accents ok, because reasons?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 12:04:26 PM »
Hmmmm.  Disney's movie "Song of the South" runs 94 minutes.  Can  you imagine how long it would take if it were filled with apologies and disclaimers?  Five hours?  Ten?

Well, Zip-a-Dee Doo-Dah.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 06:08:21 PM »
Hmmmm.  Disney's movie "Song of the South" runs 94 minutes.  Can  you imagine how long it would take if it were filled with apologies and disclaimers?  Five hours?  Ten?

Well, Zip-a-Dee Doo-Dah.

I think you mean minutes, once they cut out all the scenes that might be offensive to some snowflake, somewhere.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 11:03:23 PM »
I had to look it up to figure out what was racist in Lady and the Tramp. OH, the siamese cats.

Apparently accents are racist.

Are they going to have warnings about Mary Poppins and Dick Van Dyck's accent? Or any Irish accent?

Or are those accents ok, because reasons?

White people hating on other white people, so all ok.

"Or do we all look alike to you?"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2019, 08:34:57 AM »
I think you mean minutes, once they cut out all the scenes that might be offensive to some snowflake, somewhere.

Then they'll complain that there's no racial/cultural diversity in the movie. You can't win.   
- Calvin and Hobbes