Author Topic: Sig Sauer lawsuits over P320 spontaneous firing  (Read 2802 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Sig Sauer lawsuits over P320 spontaneous firing
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2022, 08:11:42 PM »
My initial thoughts were "user error", but now with these many new complaints I'm beginning to wonder. Though it still could just be a bunch of knuckleheads vs anything wrong with the gun. Yet if it's all knuckleheads, you'd expect to see it with several other popular striker fire handguns.

Still, this would make me think twice about appendix carry with the 320.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2022, 09:21:03 PM »
I would tend to favor the side that says more people are stupid. 

Judging by the timing, it appears all the incidents are from before Sig modified the trigger design.  However, at least some of those sounded like they were not Sig's fault based on the short description.  I would be curious to see the video/proof other than just owner claims.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2022, 09:29:58 PM »
I would tend to favor the side that says more people are stupid. 

Judging by the timing, it appears all the incidents are from before Sig modified the trigger design.  However, at least some of those sounded like they were not Sig's fault based on the short description.  I would be curious to see the video/proof other than just owner claims.

Oh, I did not catch that these latest suits were for the "pre-fix" 320s.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2022, 09:41:03 PM »
Oh, I did not catch that these latest suits were for the "pre-fix" 320s.
The incidents he highlighted in the video were.  I took a glance at the lawsuit and a number of incidents 2019 to 2022 are listed as well.  I guess it will just depend on what evidence they can show.  I would also be curious if there are reports on examination of the guns that "went off".  Does someone still have the guns?  I am kind of curious how all that would go in court.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2022, 09:23:48 AM »
Sig Sauer Found NOT LIABLE In P320 Lawsuit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-PEY2zXoWc

I don't think this is that big lawsuit.