Main Forums > Politics

Another new Ghostbusters Reboot announced (with trailer) and the SJW left goes..

(1/8) > >>

K Frame:
absolutely apeshit...

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/12/09/new-ghostbusters-trailer-already-causing-sjw-meltdowns/?fbclid=IwAR2znsKI7cXSpmaHNt0hs3SqhKFC_HdudcQ29uZUuzyWC3MgxrbHh5v_NPg

Some of the comments are incredible, including one from one of the "stars" of the disaster that was the reboot...

Gee, ya think if it hadn't been a completely humorless feminist indoctrination screed it might have done just a bit better?

Nah! Message above all else!

dogmush:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 15, 2019, 08:02:45 AM ---absolutely apeshit...

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/12/09/new-ghostbusters-trailer-already-causing-sjw-meltdowns/?fbclid=IwAR2znsKI7cXSpmaHNt0hs3SqhKFC_HdudcQ29uZUuzyWC3MgxrbHh5v_NPg

Some of the comments are incredible, including one from one of the "stars" of the disaster that was the reboot...

Gee, ya think if it hadn't been a completely humorless feminist indoctrination screed it might have done just a bit better?

Nah! Message above all else!

--- End quote ---

Honestly, it probably could have been a feminist indoctrination screed and successful if they had made it a little funny, showed some respect to the source material, and conformed to the basics of character development and storytelling.

The issue wasn't the message, it was that they were so focused on the message they forgot to tell a good story.

ETA: I think the new one looks like it has...potential not to suck.  Probably not enough potential to get me in a theater opening weekend, but I don't watch many movies in theaters anymore, anyway.  But if it's a good story, I'd probably spend some ducats to watch it at some point.

AZRedhawk44:
I was wondering when the shrews were going to spit bile on this movie.  It's already garnered far more positive interest with its teaser trailer than the 2016 film achieved right before release weekend.

I'm hoping Hollywood hears the dollars in the answer to this cultural question.

If GB2020 beats GB2016 for revenue, it's a resounding defeat of SJW IP-hijacking and insertion of pet politics into stories that have nothing to do with it.  They'll have to go back to Cannes and the other crap holes in which their political identity based movies play well.

I expect Disney to pay attention to revenues and viewer statistics for Mandalorian and Episode IX in a similar way.  Totally different storytelling going on.  One is winning audiences, the other is killing a franchise.

Perd Hapley:
A plague on both your houses. Comedies about ghost-hunters are not worth this much emotional investment from either side.

dogmush:
OK guys, pack it up and close the thread.  Fistful has said we're having fun wrong.  Clearly that is the final arbiter of acceptable recreation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version