Author Topic: Another new Ghostbusters Reboot announced (with trailer) and the SJW left goes..  (Read 4081 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
absolutely apeshit...

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/12/09/new-ghostbusters-trailer-already-causing-sjw-meltdowns/?fbclid=IwAR2znsKI7cXSpmaHNt0hs3SqhKFC_HdudcQ29uZUuzyWC3MgxrbHh5v_NPg

Some of the comments are incredible, including one from one of the "stars" of the disaster that was the reboot...

Gee, ya think if it hadn't been a completely humorless feminist indoctrination screed it might have done just a bit better?

Nah! Message above all else!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
absolutely apeshit...

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/12/09/new-ghostbusters-trailer-already-causing-sjw-meltdowns/?fbclid=IwAR2znsKI7cXSpmaHNt0hs3SqhKFC_HdudcQ29uZUuzyWC3MgxrbHh5v_NPg

Some of the comments are incredible, including one from one of the "stars" of the disaster that was the reboot...

Gee, ya think if it hadn't been a completely humorless feminist indoctrination screed it might have done just a bit better?

Nah! Message above all else!

Honestly, it probably could have been a feminist indoctrination screed and successful if they had made it a little funny, showed some respect to the source material, and conformed to the basics of character development and storytelling.

The issue wasn't the message, it was that they were so focused on the message they forgot to tell a good story.

ETA: I think the new one looks like it has...potential not to suck.  Probably not enough potential to get me in a theater opening weekend, but I don't watch many movies in theaters anymore, anyway.  But if it's a good story, I'd probably spend some ducats to watch it at some point.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
I was wondering when the shrews were going to spit bile on this movie.  It's already garnered far more positive interest with its teaser trailer than the 2016 film achieved right before release weekend.

I'm hoping Hollywood hears the dollars in the answer to this cultural question.

If GB2020 beats GB2016 for revenue, it's a resounding defeat of SJW IP-hijacking and insertion of pet politics into stories that have nothing to do with it.  They'll have to go back to Cannes and the other crap holes in which their political identity based movies play well.

I expect Disney to pay attention to revenues and viewer statistics for Mandalorian and Episode IX in a similar way.  Totally different storytelling going on.  One is winning audiences, the other is killing a franchise.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
A plague on both your houses. Comedies about ghost-hunters are not worth this much emotional investment from either side.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
OK guys, pack it up and close the thread.  Fistful has said we're having fun wrong.  Clearly that is the final arbiter of acceptable recreation.

Perd Hapley

• friend
Ha! I had fun watching Feminist Ghostbusters. You?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Ha! I had fun watching Feminist Ghostbusters. You?

That does not surprise me, not even a little bit.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Is Hollywood and the entertainment industry in general a friend or foe of that which is true, good and beautiful?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
That does not surprise me, not even a little bit.

"Area man laughs at silly comedy."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
A plague on both your houses. Comedies about ghost-hunters are not worth this much emotional investment from either side.

Got sand in your proton pack?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

"Why do conservatives care about gay marriage and not worry about the massive divorce rate in the country!? Seems that should be more important, you homophobic hypocrites!"

If you know the answer to that one, you should know the answer to this one.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Got sand in your proton pack?

You spelled vagina wrong.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System

Don't cross the streams
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical

I'm at the office. I was being euphemistic.

Perd Hapley

• friend
I think we know who has sand in their ghost-hunting equipment here. Someone started this thread in politics and some of us are reading a political message into a forgettable, screw-ball comedy. If you aren't seething about Twitter nonsense, Girl Ghostbusters really isn't a particularly political or feminist movie.

If you want to hate on Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon, they've done a lot more controversial things you could legitimately complain about.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:21:12 PM by fistful »

T.O.M.

• friend
Back to the OP and the fem film.  When I saw the trailer and knew nothing of the story, I was interested.  Thought it was going to be a follow-up.  Lost interest completely when I found out it was nothing more than a remake.  Never saw it. 

This one appears to be a story based on the idea of Ghostbusters happened, the guys got old and retired/died.  Here's what's happening now, with Paul Rudd (I like several of his movies).  I'll probably watch on Netflix or Amazon when it's available.  Very few movies draw me into theaters where I have to pay more for popcorn and a soda than the ticket to see the film.

The difference has nothing to do with the cast or their gender.  It has everything to do with the story. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Back to the OP and the fem film.  When I saw the trailer and knew nothing of the story, I was interested.  Thought it was going to be a follow-up.  Lost interest completely when I found out it was nothing more than a remake.  Never saw it. 

This one appears to be a story based on the idea of Ghostbusters happened, the guys got old and retired/died.  Here's what's happening now, with Paul Rudd (I like several of his movies).  I'll probably watch on Netflix or Amazon when it's available.  Very few movies draw me into theaters where I have to pay more for popcorn and a soda than the ticket to see the film.

The difference has nothing to do with the cast or their gender.  It has everything to do with the story. 

I agree with you 100%.  I will watch it when it comes out on streaming.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
New trailer is out and The Critical Drinker likes what he sees so far and I agree.
Appears they worked in the death of Ramis and thus his character into the story line and they're being respectful of the original

Ghostbusters: Afterlife - I've Got A GOOD Feeling About This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ORF1h5COg

Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Official Trailer (2021) Paul Rudd, McKenna Grace, Finn Wolfhard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaG_5ZZ2PyM
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 06:28:03 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Don't cross the streams

Sounds like something from an adolescent boys' pissing contest.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Sounds like something from an adolescent boys' pissing contest.

An APS speciality.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
When the Girl Ghostbusters movie came out, I think I probably said something like, "This isn't ruining your beloved franchise. You can still enjoy the old Ghostbusters films." Turns out I was right, and we can even get new movies that aren't connected to the GG version.

But I guess that was a roll of the dice, really. The mood the left/Hollywood/korporations are in these days, it's a little surprising they would make a movie that goes back to the original, instead of being another Melissa McCarthy vehicle.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
S'MORES!!!!
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"I think we know who has sand in their ghost-hunting equipment here. Someone started this thread in politics and some of us are reading a political message into a forgettable, screw-ball comedy."

Where in the holy hell have you been?

There was an overt political message associated with the Ghostbusters reboot the second it was announced in 2014 or 2015, and it kept getting louder and more strident as it moved toward release and especially as Trump moved closer to the White House.

When the reboot of the reboot was announced? It just kicked those overt political messages, which had sort of died down with the failure of the reboot, into hyperdrive, adding into them a racial context.

Pay attention. It's the least you can do.

Huh. I just realized that I'm replying to a post made 2 years ago.

I need to pay attention.

The reply is still valid, however.

Perd Hapley

• friend
KF, you should have also quoted my next line:

If you aren't seething about Twitter nonsense, Girl Ghostbusters really isn't a particularly political or feminist movie.

Sure, on the Twitters it was about feminism. The movie itself was just a silly movie.

MechAg94

• friend
KF, you should have also quoted my next line:

Sure, on the Twitters it was about feminism. The movie itself was just a silly movie.
The main criticism I always heard was it just wasn't funny.  I have never seen it.  If there were politics involved, it was in deciding to do an all female remake in the first place. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge