Author Topic: Left Over Corned Beef? Dip it!  (Read 1340 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Left Over Corned Beef? Dip it!
« on: March 18, 2022, 09:56:05 AM »
With Hot Reuben Dip.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14865/reuben-dip/

I've had HRD before (not this exact recipe) and it's pretty freaking awesome.

I'm going to cook my corned beef tomorrow and may just turn some of it into dip....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Left Over Corned Beef? Dip it!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 10:19:11 AM »
^^^I have made this before, and it is excellent. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 11:07:38 PM »
Something I  shouldn't try but need to make. I was in Wisconsin and the bar food there was reuben egg rolls. Corned beef, sauerkraut rolled up and deep fry. Then dip in thousand island.

In reality I need to skip it. I will do the corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and sodabread this weekend since everyone is home finally but last time I did this it kicked off a nasty gout episode. I plan on eating about 4 ounces of beef and then watching everyone else.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 07:01:40 AM »
"I was in Wisconsin and the bar food there was reuben egg rolls."

I've had those. OMG good...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 10:29:44 AM »
A good Reuben is a fine sandwich. Corned beef, sauerkraut (with little pieces of bacon in it), pumpernickel bread. Then I deviate from the common recipe by using regular mayo and substituting Havarti cheese for the traditional Swiss.

It's getting harder to get really good pumpernickel locally, so I've had to make do with commercial packaged stuff in the bread aisle at the grocery store . . . or sometimes I just use dark rye. It's OK, but it's not the same.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 12:37:37 PM »
"A good Reuben is a fine sandwich."

A Reuben is the supreme King God of sandwiches.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 05:07:28 PM »
I seem to recall we had a pretty active poll of what is the best sandwich some time ago.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 05:24:25 PM »
I seem to recall we had a pretty active poll of what is the best sandwich some time ago.

Yep, we did. IIRC round this time a year or two ago. It was done bracket style, which makes me thing it was around this time because of the NCAA tourney.

Lot of VERY tough choices to make on those brackets.