Author Topic: Brexit is official?  (Read 1047 times)

zahc

• friend
Brexit is official?
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:17:30 PM »
I heard Brexit is a done deal today. Is that really really done or just another step? What is the practical impact?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Brexit is official?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 09:18:52 PM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 09:32:10 PM »
But what about Ireland and Scotland? Will the Irexit and Scexit?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 09:51:42 PM »
Good for the Brits.

A pox on the EU.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 10:23:55 PM »
I heard Brexit is a done deal today. Is that really really done or just another step? What is the practical impact?

I believe there are some changes that don't take effect until the end of the year, but yes it is official. If you're not aware, the Tory Party (more friendly to Brexit) won bigly in the elections a month or two ago. I get the impression that ended any chance of stopping Brexit.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 10:42:45 PM »
Emotional support

Today, City Hall opened its doors to European Londoners, providing crucial legal advice about the EU Settlement Scheme and emotional support. The need for this work won’t stop at 11pm tonight, so neither will we. pic.twitter.com/ZOTRzpN3PA

— Mayor of London (@MayorofLondon) January 31, 2020

Sadiq Khan declares ‘London will always be European’ as #Brexit becomes OFFICIAL
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/01/31/sadiq-khan-declares-london-will-always-be-european-as-brexit-becomes-official/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 10:56:35 PM »
Emotional support

Sadiq Khan declares ‘London will always be European’ as #Brexit becomes OFFICIAL
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/01/31/sadiq-khan-declares-london-will-always-be-european-as-brexit-becomes-official/

A sanctuary city for Remoaners.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife