Author Topic: Jussie Smollett indicted.  (Read 8936 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Jussie Smollett indicted.
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2022, 10:49:03 PM »
"That fa__ot Empire ni__er" did not kill himself.

If Mel Gibson could come back from his troubles, then Smollett will be alright, career-wise. Plenty of  celebrities have gone through legal troubles, and other embarrassments, and come back. Hugh Grant, Michael Jackson, etc. His bid for attention looks like it backfired, but in the long run, he did get it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2022, 06:01:27 AM »
Maybe I'm missing it, but I've not seen anyone saying that his sentence is evidence of the endemic racism in the system....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2022, 03:29:28 PM »
In a statement issued Monday, the Cook County Sheriff’s Office said Linn ordered that Smollett be held in protective custody and the actor being housed in a part of the jail with “enhanced monitoring,” which is used for both individuals with mental health issues and those who require extra security. Smollett is not on suicide watch, and “it would be inaccurate and irresponsible to make any assumption about his mental or medical condition based on where he is currently housed.”

In a statement issued Friday, the sheriff’s office said while in protective custody, Smollett is alone in a cell monitored by security cameras and with a guard stationed at the cell door.

Jussie Smollett in ‘psych ward’ at jail, lawyers want him released on bond
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/3/14/22977400/jussie-smollett-lawyers-file-appeal-seeks-release-bond
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2022, 06:49:10 AM »
And he's out (for now).

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/16/jussie-smollett-to-be-released-on-bond-pending-appeal-of-his-150-day-prison-sentence/

That didn't take long.

His attorneys think 150 days in county jail for a felony is an excessive sentence.

https://www.newser.com/story/318177/smollett-wins-his-release-pending-appeal.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_entertainment_img_b

Smollett defense attorney Nenye Uche, ... also called Judge James Linn's sentence excessive for a low-level felony, adding that the appellate court doesn't “play politics.” “The real question is: Should Black men be walked into jail for a class 4 felony? Shame on you if you think they should,” Uche said.

Question, Mr. Uche: is the sentence excessive for everyone, or is it only excessive for a black man? Would you have proclaimed the sentence (which could have run into multiple years) excessive if the defendant was a white man?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2022, 08:33:30 AM »
Question, Mr. Uche: is the sentence excessive for everyone, or is it only excessive for a black man? Would you have proclaimed the sentence (which could have run into multiple years) excessive if the defendant was a white man?

We know that none of the 06JAN protestors have, or will, get this kind of deal.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2022, 08:50:20 AM »
Does anyone know how common it is for rich folks to be on bond pending the outcome of an appeal?  Race aside, he is rich(ish).  And it's not like he was pardoned or anything, he was granted a bond until his appeal is decided.

Is this common?  Anyone know?  I feel like that's important information before I fire up the outrage factory.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2022, 09:04:24 AM »
We know that none of the 06JAN protestors have, or will, get this kind of deal.

Their mistake was not chanting "Black lives Matter" while milling around the capitol and not looting and setting fire to it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2022, 10:46:00 AM »

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2022, 01:08:13 PM »
Does anyone know how common it is for rich folks to be on bond pending the outcome of an appeal?  Race aside, he is rich(ish).  And it's not like he was pardoned or anything, he was granted a bond until his appeal is decided.

Is this common?  Anyone know?  I feel like that's important information before I fire up the outrage factory.

For appealing a conviction getting bond is not unheard of.  Simply appealing a sentence, particularly one so short already, I’ve never heard of anyone getting out on bond.  Unless the judge really thinks a shorter sentence is highly likely getting released on sentencing appeals has to be almost unheard of.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2022, 10:33:05 PM »
I am deeply offend that the racist bastard that attacked poor Jussie is out of jail so soon,
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2022, 11:53:10 PM »
I am deeply offend that the racist bastard that attacked poor Jussie is out of jail so soon,

Jussie Smollett did hang himself
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2023, 02:04:29 PM »
Jussie Smollett's accomplices spill the beans.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Then I gave him a noogie."

:rofl:
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2023, 04:55:51 PM »
Jussie filed an appeal of his conviction on March 1, but entertainment industry insiders are saying that he's dead meat for future acting jobs.

My guess is that will last about 2 years until someone wakes up and realizes what a poor, beset upon individual he was and that he acted out of desperation to protest the endemic racism in society... And like Michael Vick, he's now completely rehabilitated.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smolletts-career-over-despite-appeal-he-burned-bridges-expert
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2023, 04:58:35 PM »
Jussie filed an appeal of his conviction on March 1, but entertainment industry insiders are saying that he's dead meat for future acting jobs.

My guess is that will last about 2 years until someone wakes up and realizes what a poor, beset upon individual he was and that he acted out of desperation to protest the endemic racism in society... And like Michael Vick, he's now completely rehabilitated.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smolletts-career-over-despite-appeal-he-burned-bridges-expert

Agreed.  His blacklisting (wait, did I just use that raysis word?) in Hollywood won't last long.  He'll be busy working again in a couple of years.  Word is he already has a gig on BET.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2023, 05:00:44 PM »
He'll run for office
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2023, 07:51:51 PM »
He'll run for office

Stacy Abrams needs a running mate.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2023, 10:15:04 PM »
Stacy Abrams needs a running mate.

Never use "Stacy Abrams" and "mate" in the same sentence.
 [barf] [barf] [barf]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams