Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 444947 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #4876 on: February 05, 2021, 12:47:55 PM »
^^^When we have people wearing these masks come to our entry control points at the hospital, we offer them a surgical mask instead.  If they refuse, we refuse entry and they can go elsewhere.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4877 on: February 05, 2021, 01:22:43 PM »
^^^When we have people wearing these masks come to our entry control points at the hospital, we offer them a surgical mask instead.  If they refuse, we refuse entry and they can go elsewhere.

Cool story, Karen.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4878 on: February 05, 2021, 01:32:38 PM »
Cool story, Karen.

And the complaints of the whiny little bitches are music to my ears.

ETA: I am referring to the patients, not Fistful.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4880 on: February 05, 2021, 04:07:05 PM »
So now teachers want a "classroom monitor" to be in the physical classroom with the kids while the teachers continue to teach online?!?

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/02/05/school-choice-now-some-school-districts-paying-monitors-big-bucks-to-watch-kids-so-fully-vaccinated-teachers-can-teach-from-home/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4881 on: February 05, 2021, 05:17:56 PM »
Newest research is apparently that if you've had the bioweapon, only get one dose of mRNA vaccine, not two.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/people-who-recovered-from-covid-19-should-receive-only-1-dose-of-vaccine-study_3685032.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4882 on: February 05, 2021, 05:52:12 PM »

What is your minimum standard on mask efficacy? Is that standard publicly posted?  Do you have a means to test all masks?  Do your own surgical masks meet that standard?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4883 on: February 05, 2021, 06:29:53 PM »
https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/ClothFaceCoveringsandMasks. You can start your research there. Note there have been many more supplemental rulings made to the original orders.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4884 on: February 05, 2021, 07:00:10 PM »
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/public-health-recommendations.html

Current guidance based on community exposure, for people exposed to people with known or suspected COVID-19 or possible COVID-19

Individual who has had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more)
Exposure to

Person with COVID-19 who has symptoms (in the period from 2 days before symptom onset until they meet criteria for discontinuing home isolation; can be laboratory-confirmed or a clinically compatible illness)

Person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (laboratory confirmed) but has not had any symptoms (in the 2 days before the date of specimen collection until they meet criteria for discontinuing home isolation).

Note: This is irrespective of whether the person with COVID-19 or the contact was wearing a mask or whether the contact was wearing respiratory personal protective equipment (PPE)

So masks do nothing to stop the actual tracked and studied positive transmission of covid in caregivers dealing with actual covid patients.

Better wear two.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4885 on: February 05, 2021, 08:00:46 PM »
Individual who has had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more)
Exposure to

I wasn't within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more of anyone when I caught the bioweapon. Not even more than 1-2 minutes at most.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4886 on: February 05, 2021, 08:52:42 PM »
KGBsquirrel, you see the logical fallacy in your post, right?

Just because masks aren't 100% effective,  that doesn't mean they do nothing.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4887 on: February 05, 2021, 09:00:16 PM »
The whole relying on ill fitting paper masks to protect you or others from contracting the coronadoom is just silly.

At best it contains spittle from those who are infected possibly lowering the viral load to which you are exposed.

Back when we were all completely in the dark about the virus and they were maliciously scaring the H E double L out of us I was sanguine about anything that they said would help.

The stupid paper or cloth masks are one step removed from completely useless, despite the consensus of Karens.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #4888 on: February 05, 2021, 09:55:21 PM »

Uh oh! Does this mean we're gonna have to all wear Depends now?  :facepalm: I aint got the room inside my pants! :old:

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4889 on: February 05, 2021, 10:49:37 PM »
I just read an article arguing that due to the need for global herd immunity, international travel may not recover until 2024.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4890 on: February 06, 2021, 12:09:24 AM »
I just read an article arguing that due to the need for global herd immunity, international travel may not recover until 2024.

Oh, really?   Do they have a crystal ball?    How many people will be vaccinated (worldwide) before then?  The Johnson and Johnson vaccine should be easy to distribute. 
There's been so much .... junk predicting going on,  I wouldn't believe it if I was told the sun would rise tomorrow morning at this point.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4891 on: February 06, 2021, 05:59:57 AM »
The whole relying on ill fitting paper masks to protect you or others from contracting the coronadoom is just silly.

At best it contains spittle from those who are infected possibly lowering the viral load to which you are exposed.

Back when we were all completely in the dark about the virus and they were maliciously scaring the H E double L out of us I was sanguine about anything that they said would help.

The stupid paper or cloth masks are one step removed from completely useless, despite the consensus of Karens.

As C&SD used to say:

This post is factually challenged,

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4892 on: February 06, 2021, 07:41:58 AM »
https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/ClothFaceCoveringsandMasks. You can start your research there. Note there have been many more supplemental rulings made to the original orders.

I found minimum standards that employers have to meet for employees based on risk factors, but no standards for the general public.

Several of the links recommend cloth face coverings.

Since you are the SME, maybe you can tell or show us what are the minimum standards for the general public.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4893 on: February 06, 2021, 09:31:45 AM »
As C&SD used to say:

This post is factually challenged,

There are plenty of studies as well as medical professionals and researchers showing just how ineffective masks are in stopping the spread of viruses. I'm not sure they have even proved the lowering of viral load exposure, it is just assumed due to the lessoning of droplets.

Early on I managed my personal risk and my impact on others by going along to get along. We are far enough along in this "pandemic" where I've reevaluated the risks.

The corona doom has been 75% psyops and 25% pandemic IMHO.

For those who want to read a rebuttal to the globalist consensus position regarding masks, Briggs is a good place to go for an alternative look.

https://wmbriggs.com/?s=masks
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4894 on: February 06, 2021, 09:53:39 AM »
Oh, really?   Do they have a crystal ball?    How many people will be vaccinated (worldwide) before then?  The Johnson and Johnson vaccine should be easy to distribute. 
There's been so much .... junk predicting going on,  I wouldn't believe it if I was told the sun would rise tomorrow morning at this point.

Here is the article: https://www.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-in-israel-vaccination-doesnt-equal-liberation-657898

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4895 on: February 06, 2021, 10:01:08 AM »
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/masks/mask-travel-guidance.html

are some representative standards.  Mesh, knitted, chain mail or sequin masks do not qualify. Fistful's original posting showed a sheer mesh mask.  I suggest that you buy one, put it on, and go to your nearest local hospital, emergency room or skilled nursing facility and request entry.  Be sure to report back.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4896 on: February 06, 2021, 10:27:07 AM »
I am also on the regional flu committee, and so far this year, flu activity has been very low, although there is still a few months left in the season:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm

The epidemiologists are crediting the masking/social distancing/shutdowns/flu vaccination as the probable cause for the low levels of flu activity so far.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4897 on: February 06, 2021, 10:40:09 AM »
Uh oh, Ben:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/02/05/virus-variant-reinfection-south-africa/

I sure hope the current vaccines continue to provide some degree of protection against the variants, but will further mutations require further vaccines?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4898 on: February 06, 2021, 10:42:40 AM »
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-01-29/airline-pilots-flight-errors-pandemic

Pilots are rusty due to decreased flight hours.  I wonder if they are spending more time in the simulators.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4899 on: February 06, 2021, 10:47:44 AM »
Uh oh, Ben:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/02/05/virus-variant-reinfection-south-africa/

I sure hope the current vaccines continue to provide some degree of protection against the variants, but will further mutations require further vaccines?

I had those thoughts early on, since right after they told me I was likely good for six months, the mutations started hitting the news. I'm still looking for research regarding severity the second (or more) time around, with or without mutation. Wondering if the first time gives me super powers to have mild symptoms, or if mutations mean it's like catching a whole new bioweapon.