Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 445874 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5200 on: May 05, 2021, 09:12:15 AM »
I saw a similar headline pop up this morning and went looking for links.  Not the usual news sources and the articles are a bit opinionated.  Have any of you seen anything similar.  I am curious about some of the claims like that no one has fully isolated the virus.

The Virus Is Fictitious.” CDC Sued by 7 Universities’ Scientists for Huge Fraud
https://italytravelideas.com/the-virus-is-fictitious-cdc-sued-by-7-universities-scientists-for-huge-fraud/

Laboratories in US can’t find Covid-19 in one of 1,500 positive tests
https://greatreject.org/laboratories-cant-find-covid-19-in-positive-tests/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5201 on: May 05, 2021, 09:45:33 AM »
I don't believe COVID-19 is just regular influenza with a scary name.  I've never had anosmia from the flu.  And the flu usually hits me harder.

It is entirely possible infection rates are overblown or deaths misattributed, but I don't believe that COVID is an outright scam.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5202 on: May 05, 2021, 09:47:01 AM »
https://nycdailypost.com/2021/05/01/us/covid-lockdowns-cost-countless-jobs-dont-appear-to-have-saved-lives-study/
COVID lockdowns cost countless jobs, don’t appear to have saved lives: study

This is more like what I have seen lately.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5203 on: May 05, 2021, 09:49:13 AM »
I don't believe COVID-19 is just regular influenza with a scary name.  I've never had anosmia from the flu.  And the flu usually hits me harder.

It is entirely possible infection rates are overblown or deaths misattributed, but I don't believe that COVID is an outright scam.
I guess that is why I said they were a bit opinionated.  Links like that might have useful facts, but hurt themselves when they immediately jump to conclusions without presenting their case.

I was curious about the claim that the virus had not be fully isolated among other stuff.  I am not sure if there are better links exploring that.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5204 on: May 05, 2021, 10:19:54 AM »
Whatever was buzzing around and getting folks sick was apparently something a bit out of the ordinary.

A Filipino friend I've known for well over a decade got floored by it worse than any flu he'd ever had and it took several weeks for him to get over the fatigue. While he is an active cyclist he still has hypertension, maybe the hypertension made it worse? Maybe his race was a factor? His wife (white) on the other hand had minor cold symptoms and probably would have gone to work during a normal year. She also has a history of eating healthy and being fit, maybe that helped?

Not much about the whole Covid thing makes any sense. We're obviously being lied to about a whole host of stuff. How are we supposed to suss out the truth when all of our "authorities" have been caught lying to us repeatedly? There is so much incoherence to the official story and so many damning facts to cast doubt (and fear) about what is going on that I'm fatigued even trying to ascertain what's really happening. 

After going down many rabbit holes I've come to the conclusion I don't need to know the truth about covid, I just need to start organizing my life in a way to insulate myself from the liars and grifters as much as possible.

Yes, the red pill sucks. It's better than living in a matrix of lies though.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

JTHunter

• friends
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5206 on: May 05, 2021, 12:04:42 PM »

I don't think any rational person believes it is an outright scam.
Yes, it is a nasty bug and it sickened and killed many people. I do not for one second believe we will ever know, or even be able to know, the actual fatality rate of the virus.
I do strongly believe that it was politicized and overhyped early on. In the US it was in large part used as a weapon against Trump.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5207 on: May 05, 2021, 03:46:55 PM »

I don't think any rational person believes it is an outright scam.
Yes, it is a nasty bug and it sickened and killed many people. I do not for one second believe we will ever know, or even be able to know, the actual fatality rate of the virus.
I do strongly believe that it was politicized and overhyped early on. In the US it was in large part used as a weapon against Trump.
I would agree there is something going around that is making people sick that is out of the ordinary.  However, there has been a great deal of political BS heaped on top of it.  That invites all sorts of speculation.  It doesn't help that govt bureaucrats often seem to default information to secret.   

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5208 on: May 06, 2021, 01:54:50 PM »
Michigan Gov. Whitmer to receive ‘Profile in Covid Courage’ award, John James suggests more fitting accolades
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/05/06/michigan-gov-whitmer-to-receive-profile-in-covid-courage-award-john-james-suggests-more-fitting-accolades/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5210 on: May 06, 2021, 07:18:21 PM »
I would agree there is something going around that is making people sick that is out of the ordinary.  However, there has been a great deal of political BS heaped on top of it.  That invites all sorts of speculation.  It doesn't help that govt bureaucrats often seem to default information to secret.

It was basically a perfect storm of propaganda. The Chinese needed to erase a lot of Hong Kong protesters. They blamed a nasty variant of the common cold, did a bunch of B-movie video that looks like your basic zombpocalypse opening credits sequence, and... Our media bought it.

And sold it.
Blog under construction

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5211 on: May 07, 2021, 11:00:28 AM »
I've been thinking about the reports that the SARS-2 or Covid-19 or whatever it's called virus has never actually been identified. I don't know if it's true or not.

If it is true it would explain why the tests are so inaccurate (if in fact the reports of their inaccuracy are true) and would explain why we don't know if having the virus or vaccine actually confers immunity (if in fact it's true that we don't know if immunity is conferred or for how long.) In writing this, I've realized why I haven't commented much on this situation; it's just too hard to make all these qualifications.

Also if it's true that the virus hasn't actually been isolated and identified, and if it's true that this is a man-made virus, the fact that it disintegrates in such a way to be essentially un-identifiable would be a great design.

I don't think I've ever written anything so "iffy" in my life. . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5212 on: May 07, 2021, 11:10:38 AM »

It was basically a perfect storm of propaganda. The Chinese needed to erase a lot of Hong Kong protesters. They blamed a nasty variant of the common cold, did a bunch of B-movie video that looks like your basic zombpocalypse opening credits sequence, and... Our media bought it.

And sold it.

Do you really believe this InfoWars level bullshit?

How do you explain the other countries that are getting hit with a fast spreading, pretty nasty, respiratory disease?  Has the PLA infiltrated Europe and Southwest Asia to stage more backing video?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5213 on: May 07, 2021, 11:45:05 AM »
Do you really believe this InfoWars level bullshit?

How do you explain the other countries that are getting hit with a fast spreading, pretty nasty, respiratory disease?  Has the PLA infiltrated Europe and Southwest Asia to stage more backing video?
Do you believe everything the media is telling you?  Do you agree that a lot of contrary information/questions are being suppressed rather than simply answered or addressed? 

I bring this stuff up as a discussion point.  The infowars opinions mean little to me.  I am just curious if some of the facts they bring up are true or not.  I realize that sometimes they are right and sometimes it is heavily exaggerated if not untrue ...... sort of like the regular media. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5214 on: May 07, 2021, 11:57:25 AM »
Do you believe everything the media is telling you?  Do you agree that a lot of contrary information/questions are being suppressed rather than simply answered or addressed? 

I bring this stuff up as a discussion point.  The infowars opinions mean little to me.  I am just curious if some of the facts they bring up are true or not.  I realize that sometimes they are right and sometimes it is heavily exaggerated if not untrue ...... sort of like the regular media.

No, as I have said repeatedly, I don't believe everything the media says.  That's why I quoted Bogie's post.  Specifically.  What he posted is laughably easy to disprove from literally hundreds of primary sources.  It's not a discussion point, it's a delusion.

Obviously, I think we have proven ad nauseum over the past year that a you can't take a story from the news, even multiple news outlets, at 100% face value.  (FWIW, it's my opinion this is not actually new to 2020, or even much more prevalent then in the past.  Remember the Maine!!)  But approaching the news with a healthy skepticism and searching for your own primary sources is a looooooong way from thinking a worldwide pandemic is a PLA propaganda piece. 

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5215 on: May 07, 2021, 12:27:12 PM »
I've been thinking about the reports that the SARS-2 or Covid-19 or whatever it's called virus has never actually been identified. I don't know if it's true or not.

If it is true it would explain why the tests are so inaccurate (if in fact the reports of their inaccuracy are true) and would explain why we don't know if having the virus or vaccine actually confers immunity (if in fact it's true that we don't know if immunity is conferred or for how long.) In writing this, I've realized why I haven't commented much on this situation; it's just too hard to make all these qualifications.

Also if it's true that the virus hasn't actually been isolated and identified, and if it's true that this is a man-made virus, the fact that it disintegrates in such a way to be essentially un-identifiable would be a great design.

There are some technical aspects of that terminology that have some specific meanings.

I think what hasn't happened is isolation AND purification.

This is technical stuff that is above my paygrade, not sure of the ramifications/meaning.

The whole covid-19 thing is rife with misinformation and propaganda all over the place.

Here is what I know,

1- there is a respiratory illness going around world
2- it started in China
3- politicians and partisans "weaponized" it (metaphorically) for their own purposes
4- governments instituted unscientific responses to the spread of the illness
5- the media monetized the illness for profit and partisan purposes
6- pharmaceutical companies monetized the illness for profit by rushing out questionable vaccines with government(s) encouragement and legal cover
7- the illness is running its course, like similar illness throughout history
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5216 on: May 08, 2021, 10:06:05 AM »
You may ask why is a link on rising gas prices being put in this thread?
Well because of that pesty little virus

SCIENCE! Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm floats theory for why gas prices are rising fast
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/05/08/science-energy-secretary-jennifer-granholm-floats-theory-for-why-gas-prices-are-rising-fast/
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #5217 on: May 08, 2021, 11:00:28 AM »

There are some technical aspects of that terminology that have some specific meanings.

I think what hasn't happened is isolation AND purification.

This is technical stuff that is above my paygrade, not sure of the ramifications/meaning.

The whole covid-19 thing is rife with misinformation and propaganda all over the place.

Here is what I know,

2- it started in China
3- politicians and partisans "weaponized" it (metaphorically) for their own purposes
6- pharmaceutical companies monetized the illness for profit by rushing out questionable vaccines with government(s) encouragement and legal cover

Seems like no matter how nasty the tune, if it is festooned upon a band wagon, there will be many a player willing and eager to jump on board with their own tooter and deleterious lyrics to cajole and frighten enough people so they can profit from mass hysteria. Prey upon the people's ignorance to blow the problem completely out of proportion, "invent/promote" the cure, and secure status as a hero. They'll be set for life.

Woody
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 11:35:39 AM by ConstitutionCowboy »
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5218 on: May 08, 2021, 11:59:28 AM »
You may ask why is a link on rising gas prices being put in this thread?
Well because of that pesty little virus

SCIENCE! Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm floats theory for why gas prices are rising fast
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/05/08/science-energy-secretary-jennifer-granholm-floats-theory-for-why-gas-prices-are-rising-fast/

I'm actually kind of shocked that she didn't try to claim it's a combination of white privilege and no gun laws in the US.

What an idiot.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5219 on: May 08, 2021, 04:11:37 PM »
From Ron:

Here is what I know,

2- it started in China

That's pretty much the same tunnel I'm looking through at that pinpoint of light waaaayyyyy far away wondering if it's daylight or another train.

So I took my shots with almost zero side effects, which made me think maybe I had an early case of C19 way back in September-October of 2019, which was the worst case of "flu" I ever had.  So I dutifully wear my mask even though it irritates my right ear a lot and I can't whistle, spit, or blow chewing gum bubbles while wearing it.  Pre-mask, I never realized I did that.

All I can say is if it is a Grand Fraud (there's a lot of profit being made from it) and solid evidence thereof is developed, I am going to turn from a mild-mannered senior citizen into a raging fury and the hell with my mmHg.

But no sense in wasting that energy now.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #5220 on: May 08, 2021, 05:25:39 PM »
Just for funnies, when I go in for my annual med exam, lube, and tire rotation this August, I'll ask the doc to check for Covid antibodies along with the usual blood/urine samples. Being type "O", I guess it's possible I had it and didn't know it.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5221 on: May 08, 2021, 10:10:30 PM »
No this isn't from the Babylon Bee

Los Angeles Times: COVID-19 has ‘brought into sharp focus’ the battle against the fat acceptance movement
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/08/los-angeles-times-covid-19-has-brought-into-sharp-focus-the-battle-against-the-fat-acceptance-movement/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5222 on: May 09, 2021, 07:24:54 AM »
According to that article I'm a "Person of size."

Jesus Christ...  :facepalm:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5223 on: May 09, 2021, 08:10:52 AM »
The party of science. How dare a medical professional insinuate that someone with a BMI of 40 is not healthy? I'm not a big follower of BMI as the borderline obese BMIs don't take a lot of physiological factors into account, but once you're in the 40 range, it's pretty obvious that your weight and composition are negatively affecting your health.

I also found it funny that the one quoted individual wants to be called "fat". Ten years ago, the same person would have said that was an insult.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5224 on: May 09, 2021, 05:38:05 PM »
I've noticed a couple of revisions of "standard" tests recently.  Some major study of body temps over the world indicated the new "normal" body temp was 97.8 or something like that instead of 98.6.

They've also dropped the alarm bell limits for blood pressure.  Seems like for normal folks now it's below 120/x and I always thought normal was around 130/x, if my geriatric memory serves.

Why, that's a whole two-tenths of a PSI lower !

The "crisis" level seems to have been lowered, too.

Now, you wouldn't suspect the Medical Industry would have lowered these limits just to create more Business, would you?  Naaaah.

That's geriatric paranoia talk, Terry.

:rofl:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:37:34 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.