Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 446669 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5250 on: May 21, 2021, 01:50:09 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U77MA42hrHA
Definitely NOT a Cult
Paul Joseph Watson

This one is pretty good...... and accurate.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5253 on: May 21, 2021, 02:29:27 PM »
Just for clarity in my mask reporting: Idaho has been mask free statewide for some time. Boise only recently dropped their mandate after Biden's recent announcement. Same with some of the stores, like Costco and Cabelas. Though there was no state requirement, they still required masks in their stores until very recently.

So my observations are just what I'm seeing regarding masked / not masked now that there are no requirements in the vast majority of businesses in these parts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5254 on: May 21, 2021, 02:59:17 PM »
NC went mask free Friday last week per the governor's latest edict.  He made some exceptions like public transportation, schools, government buildings, etc.
I stopped wearing mine as soon as I got the word.  Still seeing quite a few in the national chain stores.  Some of the smaller local stores, hardware in particular, gave up on masks a few weeks ago.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5255 on: May 21, 2021, 04:01:01 PM »
Should have also banned masks.   =)

She made it personal choice to mask or not.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5256 on: May 21, 2021, 10:16:14 PM »
She made it personal choice to mask or not.

Personal choice? I seem to remember that concept from a couple of years back...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5257 on: May 22, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »
So I just got back from a maskless trip to the grocery store, same one I talked about in the post below...

I could feel them all around me, looking at me, waiting to pounce, daring me to cough...

Mask Karens!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5258 on: May 22, 2021, 01:17:47 PM »
Tell them you identify as masked
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5259 on: May 22, 2021, 02:11:07 PM »
Tell them you identify as masked

Tell them they should identify as immune, 25 years old, and with zero comorbidities.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5260 on: May 22, 2021, 04:15:56 PM »
So I just got back from a maskless trip to the grocery store, same one I talked about in the post below...

Only one store has actually stopped me from entering - Menards.
No grocer, hardware, "big box" store, or "Walfart" has stopped me in the last 15 months.  Only when I have gone to a doctor myself or taken my remaining parent have I worn one.  And the only reason I submit to that is their memory of the doctor's orders and their lack of technical jargon is such that I have to hear those instructions.
No "karen" has said anything to me once I'm in the stores, despite my age and weight giving me 3 co-morbidities (HBP).
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5262 on: May 22, 2021, 05:17:10 PM »

Next up ... aliens!

Build the dome!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5263 on: May 24, 2021, 03:17:20 PM »
So I just got back from the Costco in Marysville, 45 miles north of Seattle.  For the first time, I saw a sign at the entrance stating that firearms were prohibited except for law enforcement officers.  Second, they has a mask optional if fully vaccinated sign.  I would say that about 80% of the customers were wearing masks.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5264 on: May 24, 2021, 04:46:18 PM »
Looks like they are ending the pandemic!

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/caught-red-handed-cdc-changes-test-thresholds-virtually-eliminate-new-covid-cases-among

Next up ... aliens!
That sort of thing makes me really wonder.  Are they trying to get around the "pandemic hysteria" they helped create or trying to hide the possibility the vaccines might not be as effective as they promised?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5265 on: May 24, 2021, 05:23:19 PM »
So I just got back from the Costco in Marysville, 45 miles north of Seattle.  For the first time, I saw a sign at the entrance stating that firearms were prohibited except for law enforcement officers.  Second, they has a mask optional if fully vaccinated sign.  I would say that about 80% of the customers were wearing masks.

I will check that firearms thing the next time I go to my Costco to see if it is Costco-wide. They are usually pretty lock-step for all their stores so it wouldn't surprise me to see a sign (that I didn't see - "Oh, you guys have a no firearms thing? Huh. News to me").
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5266 on: May 24, 2021, 08:21:39 PM »
That sort of thing makes me really wonder.  Are they trying to get around the "pandemic hysteria" they helped create or trying to hide the possibility the vaccines might not be as effective as they promised?

Now that's thinking like a counter-intelligence agent.

Too bad "thinking like a counter-intelligence agent" is pop-psych labeled as paranoia.

On the other hand, maybe it's a good thing that "thinking like a counter-intelligence agent" is thought of as paranoia.

'Tis a puzzlement.

Terry, 00230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5267 on: May 25, 2021, 06:19:15 PM »
How many of you have seen the news that even "Freaky Fauci" is questioning the "source" of this virus?
https://news.yahoo.com/fauci-apos-not-convinced-apos-120653229.html

And now we find out that the ChiComs had an idea that something was going on at the clinic over a month before they said anything to the WHO.
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/wuhan-lab-staff-sought-hospital-care-before-covid-19-outbreak-disclosed-wsj-2021-05-23/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5268 on: May 27, 2021, 08:50:49 AM »
So friendface is apparently no longer censoring posts that point to the Wuhan lab as a virus source. It's nice how the big tech is able to tell me what to think and when to think it. So much easier not using my brain.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5269 on: May 27, 2021, 09:37:53 AM »
So friendface is apparently no longer censoring posts that point to the Wuhan lab as a virus source. It's nice how the big tech is able to tell me what to think and when to think it. So much easier not using my brain.

The sad thing is how many people don't even realize this is going on for them.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5270 on: May 27, 2021, 03:22:39 PM »
Fauci now permitting us to think a lab accident was responsible for the Wuhan pandemic, it's like a cult leader suddenly getting a new revelation.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5271 on: May 28, 2021, 02:44:27 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation-politics/with-idaho-governor-gone-lieutenant-governor-bans-mask-mandates-in-state/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=owned_echobox_f&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR05N9ecli0UVcQVxDQtQoUNrtRGnku3neOVHN5ZnwB7QceWXfnM4alU-Mo#Echobox=1622223801

With the Idaho governor attending a convention out of state, the lieutenant governor issues an executive order banning all mask mandates in the state.  It is not yet known if when the governor returns, he will issue another executive order overturning the lieutenant governor's executive order.  Both politicians are Republicans. I snorted when I read a comment on FB describing Idaho as the Florida of the north.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5272 on: May 29, 2021, 02:09:36 PM »
Didn't even know "punk" rock was even still around.

NBC News
@NBCNews
A Florida concert promoter is charging $18 for tickets for an upcoming punk-rock concert to people who are vaccinated and $1,000 to those who are not.
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/05/29/punk-rock-concert-promoters-higher-ticket-price-for-unvaccinated-people-deemed-the-least-punk-thing-ever/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5273 on: May 30, 2021, 09:14:57 AM »
Those darn far right Trump people

Protest held over Tenn. store’s ‘not vaccinated’ yellow star badges
https://www.wave3.com/2021/05/30/protest-held-over-tenn-stores-not-vaccinated-yellow-star-badges/

The article basically blames Marjorie Taylor Greene (r) from GA. and Trump
Here's what wiki has to say about her

Marjorie Taylor Greene (born May 27, 1974), also known by her initials MTG,[2] is an American politician, businesswoman, and far-right[3] conspiracy theorist[4] serving as the U.S. representative for Georgia's 14th congressional district.[5] A member of the Republican Party and a staunch supporter of Donald Trump, Greene was elected to Congress in November 2020 and sworn into office on January 3, 2021.

Greene has supported disproven far-right conspiracy theories such as Pizzagate and QAnon,[6][7] as well as other unevidenced conspiracy theories including false flag shootings and 9/11 conspiracy theories.[8][9] Before running for Congress, she supported the execution of prominent Democratic politicians[10] and as a congresswoman equated the Democratic Party with Nazis.[11][12] Greene also supported Trump's efforts to overturn his loss to Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjorie_Taylor_Greene
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 01:21:49 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5274 on: May 30, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »
Protest held over Tenn. store’s ‘not vaccinated’ yellow star badges
https://www.wave3.com/2021/05/30/protest-held-over-tenn-stores-not-vaccinated-yellow-star-badges/

:facepalm:

Somebody did not think this through.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden