Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 446564 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5275 on: May 30, 2021, 11:15:07 AM »
:facepalm:

Somebody did not think this through.

Pretty much

I was also struck as much as anything by the glee with which they try to connect this with Trump.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5276 on: May 30, 2021, 12:10:14 PM »
She's not wrong.  I sketched out a Jude star face mask early 2020.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5277 on: May 31, 2021, 11:33:03 PM »
Hhmm?
Would that be considered "cultural misappropriation"?
  ;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5278 on: June 01, 2021, 12:27:31 PM »
New (to me) article about side effects of the vaccines:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/vaccine-researcher-admits-big-mistake-says-spike-protein-is-dangerous-toxin

Is this site reliable, or is this a conspiracy theory article?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5279 on: June 01, 2021, 12:46:16 PM »
She's not wrong.  I sketched out a Jude star face mask early 2020.
That was my thought as well.  The whole business with vaccine passports and other crap was along the same lines.  It wasn't racial or religious based, but similar political goals to isolate and ostracize a group they don't like. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5280 on: June 01, 2021, 01:43:16 PM »
I would say the goals of Liberal browbeating in the current times and Nazi ostracizing of Jews in the 30s and 40s were pretty different.  Folks might want to tone that particular analogy back a bit.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5281 on: June 01, 2021, 02:27:17 PM »
I would say the goals of Liberal browbeating in the current times and Nazi ostracizing of Jews in the 30s and 40s were pretty different.  Folks might want to tone that particular analogy back a bit.
I have to agree with you again, knock it off.

Me, no vax and not a victim.

Other than the run of the mill victimization of being ruled over so poorly by globalist oligarchs I'm doing great!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5282 on: June 01, 2021, 03:05:51 PM »
I don't think it is entirely the same, but it is similar leftist thinking.  I question just how many people are actually for that sort of thing outside of the some leftist activists and media.  Twitter and social media can magnify the voice of a few stupid people a lot more than is warranted.  If they are able to actually come close to enacting stuff like that, then we can worry. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5283 on: June 01, 2021, 04:55:07 PM »
The Washington Post edited the headline of a 15 month old article regarding the virus being a lab leak from "debunked" to "fringe theory". These stealth editing changes of already published documents are some of what I hate most about modern journalism. It's bad enough editing a day later when you're called out, but 15 months back is literally changing history.

If all of the MSM is constantly doing this stealth editing thing, ten years from now people will be reading about how Tom Cotton was blaming a bat at a food market while the MSM uncovered the whole thing in the first month of the pandemic.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/01/washington-post-changes-its-15-month-old-headline-about-sen-tom-cottons-debunked-conspiracy-theory/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5284 on: June 01, 2021, 04:58:02 PM »
The Washington Post edited the headline of a 15 month old article regarding the virus being a lab leak from "debunked" to "fringe theory". These stealth editing changes of already published documents are some of what I hate most about modern journalism. It's bad enough editing a day later when you're called out, but 15 months back is literally changing history.

If all of the MSM is constantly doing this stealth editing thing, ten years from now people will be reading about how Tom Cotton was blaming a bat at a food market while the MSM uncovered the whole thing in the first month of the pandemic.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/01/washington-post-changes-its-15-month-old-headline-about-sen-tom-cottons-debunked-conspiracy-theory/

I'm surprised Ronnie Deutch and the other tile crawlers haven't started a class action lawsuit against China.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5285 on: June 01, 2021, 05:00:51 PM »
They're just keeping an old Soviet tradition

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5286 on: June 01, 2021, 05:54:07 PM »
. It's bad enough editing a day later when you're called out, but 15 months back is literally changing history.

Correct. Newspapers have long been considered a fundamental source for historians.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5287 on: June 01, 2021, 06:00:28 PM »
Nothing to worry about right?
I'm be in the bunker counting TP rolls

The Associated Press
@AP
The Chinese government says a 41-year-old man has contracted what might be the world’s first human case of the H10N3 strain of bird flu, but that the risk of large-scale spread is low. China's National Health Commission said the man is in stable condition.
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/01/china-says-one-man-has-contracted-the-first-human-case-of-another-zoonotic-virus-but-dont-worry-because-the-risk-of-large-scale-transmission-is-low/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #5288 on: June 01, 2021, 06:02:35 PM »
Move along - nothing to see here.

Like I'm going to trust anything from the CCCP.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5289 on: June 01, 2021, 07:34:03 PM »

It's a vast difference in degree .... not so much in "kind."
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5290 on: June 01, 2021, 09:45:13 PM »
Interesting article on natural immunity.

People who had mild COVID-19 have long-lasting antibody protection, according to a study by researchers from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.

Scientists found that individuals who have recovered from a mild case of COVID-19 have long-lived plasma cells in their bone marrow that secretes low levels of antibodies against the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus for possibly a lifetime.

Plasma cells are a type of white blood cells developed from B cells and originate from the bone marrow. They are responsible for producing and secreting antibodies to a specific antigen.

“Last fall, there were reports that antibodies wane quickly after infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, and mainstream media interpreted that to mean that immunity was not long-lived,” said Ali Ellebedy, senior author of the study and an associate professor of pathology & immunology at Washington University.

“But that’s a misinterpretation of the data. It’s normal for antibody levels to go down after acute infection, but they don’t go down to zero; they plateau. Here, we found antibody-producing cells in people 11 months after first symptoms. These cells will live and produce antibodies for the rest of people’s lives. That’s strong evidence for long-lasting immunity,” he added.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/research-suggests-mild-covid-19-illness-leaves-behind-lasting-antibody-protection_3840082.html

Link to the PDF of the study, published last week in Nature:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03647-4_reference.pdf
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5291 on: June 01, 2021, 11:39:44 PM »
I dunno - I see the "progressive left" using may of the 1930s/40s German tactics in the PR/Media venues...
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5292 on: June 01, 2021, 11:52:22 PM »
How about instead of a 6 point star use a 5 point red or white star. Similar symbolism with out quite the direct holocaust connection.
Anyone that isn't seeing the similarities between what the Nazis did to their "undesirables" and how the left is treating their "undesirables" (conservatives, Christians, White people, basically anyone that doesn't agree with them...) is either blind or willfully ignorant. 
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5293 on: June 02, 2021, 10:34:12 AM »
How about instead of a 6 point star use a 5 point red or white star. Similar symbolism with out quite the direct holocaust connection.
Anyone that isn't seeing the similarities between what the Nazis did to their "undesirables" and how the left is treating their "undesirables" (conservatives, Christians, White people, basically anyone that doesn't agree with them...) is either blind or willfully ignorant.
It's a vast difference in degree .... not so much in "kind."

;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5294 on: June 02, 2021, 01:01:00 PM »
So I just got back from the Costco in Marysville, 45 miles north of Seattle.  For the first time, I saw a sign at the entrance stating that firearms were prohibited except for law enforcement officers.  Second, they has a mask optional if fully vaccinated sign.  I would say that about 80% of the customers were wearing masks.

I just got back from my Costco where I checked the firearms thing. I think I checked everywhere out front and no signs.

I know I said in my previous post that individual Costcos seem to be in lockstep with their HQ, but maybe that's not so. I talked to a friend a couple of weeks ago and she was at the Boise Costco where they were still enforcing masks. I was at mine at the same time and (like now) there was no mask enforcement.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5295 on: June 02, 2021, 03:35:16 PM »

Not a bad idea !
Then you take that 5-pointed star and turn it upside down so the single point is pointing down.  That would leave two points (horns) up.
  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5296 on: June 02, 2021, 03:58:23 PM »
What Tommy Gunn said in post 5293:

https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=61872.msg1307979#msg1307979

I'm looking at a Gewehrnacht, like a Kristallnacht, in my crystal ball.

"Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in."

https://youtu.be/ffI-tWh37UY

Terry, 230RN

REF (Dog-pack psychology):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristallnacht
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 04:13:27 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5297 on: June 03, 2021, 06:56:02 PM »
A really good and on-point rant, with "receipts" as the kids say, about the media and deep state kiboshing any questioning into the virus being a lab leak and how much of the diversion was practically involuntary TDS reaction:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/03/its-a-sickness-heres-a-great-thread-on-tds-and-vanity-fairs-investigation-into-the-origins-of-covid-19/

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5298 on: June 04, 2021, 12:45:44 AM »

You cannot invade the United States.  There will be a rifle behind every blade of grass  You will have to bankrupt it first.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #5299 on: June 04, 2021, 09:47:14 AM »
You cannot invade the United States. There will be a rifle behind every blade of grass. You have to bankrupt it first.

It seems they are trying very hard to accomplish the latter, but it wont matter as long as we are still armed.  [ar15]

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood