Armed Polite Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

R.I.P. Scout26

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213]

Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 189908 times)

MillCreek

• friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5300 on: June 10, 2021, 09:24:42 AM »

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/fortunes-spent-on-plastic-shields-with-no-proof-they-stop-covid/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=owned_echobox_f&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3d3wYmTj_FqO_SwWm193tu18Nq-7TyMwsED0bGw6ZDLD1N24ydMXry2PA#Echobox=1623246313

Our healthcare system spent several million dollars installing these barriers in our hospitals and clinics, based on the infection prevention recommendations at the time. I wonder if the epidemiology/infection prevention folks will recommend they be removed.  As a hard of hearing person, it certainly makes my life more difficult trying to hear someone on the other side of the barrier.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
« Reply #5301 on: June 10, 2021, 09:53:40 AM »

As a hard of hearing person, it certainly makes my life more difficult trying to hear someone on the other side of the barrier.

As a not hard of hearing (though I have the old guy hearing going on) guy, I found it difficult to hear people behind masks and barriers. I'm sure I annoyed plenty of people with, "Speak up, sonny!"   :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5302 on: June 10, 2021, 10:24:45 PM »

As a not hard of hearing (though I have the old guy hearing going on) guy, I found it difficult to hear people behind masks and barriers. I'm sure I annoyed plenty of people with, "Speak up, sonny!"   :laugh:

I just get within that 6' zone and say in my scratchy old man's voice - "Eh?  What's that you say?"  :old: >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
« Reply #5304 on: June 15, 2021, 08:17:59 AM »

US Intelligence. The Secretary of State.  Officials at NIH. Us Senators. A president - All crazy conspiracy theorists

Jon Stewart - *expletive deleted*it now we have to believe the lab leak.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/06/15/lib-meltdown-imminent-jon-stewart-made-a-very-convincing-case-for-the-wuhan-lab-leak-theory-last-night-on-stephen-colberts-show/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5305 on: June 15, 2021, 08:57:50 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1403394195402858497
Over the weekend, there were posts with pictures/video of them shaking hands and standing close together after the showboating was over.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5307 on: June 15, 2021, 12:13:45 PM »

I don't usually agree with Jon Stewart, but he is a whole lot funnier than the rest of them.

Mainly because they're trying to BE him and failing.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #5308 on: June 16, 2021, 10:26:15 AM »

The Recount
@therecount
Dr. Fauci on COVID lab leak theory: “We’ve always said ‘keep an open mind and continue to look.’ So I think it’s a bit of a distortion to say that we deliberately suppressed that.”
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/16/dr-anthony-fauci-who-deliberately-suppressed-lab-leak-theory-says-its-a-bit-of-a-distortion-to-say-that-we-deliberately-suppressed-lab-leak-theory-video/

Never Underestimate The Power Of The Stupid Side

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #5309 on: June 16, 2021, 10:51:04 AM »

People are catching colds again

Colds are coming back after masks come off
https://www.wave3.com/2021/06/15/colds-are-coming-back-after-masks-come-off/
Never Underestimate The Power Of The Stupid Side
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213]