Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 446133 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5925 on: September 09, 2021, 11:12:04 AM »
But guess what?

The Woke Folk STILL believe that that is what is happening.

It's like they pick a story, and then they stick to it. Regardless.

That level of willful denial is really scary.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5926 on: September 09, 2021, 12:52:42 PM »
Interesting:

Tom Elliott
@tomselliott
·
3h
THREAD: Inconvenient Covid facts.

1) Per the CDC, of the 378K death certificates listing Covid in 2020, only 20,792 listed just Covid (as in, no comorbidities)

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/09/09/data-and-facts-and-stats-oh-my-covid-fact-thread-super-inconvenient-as-biden-prepares-to-prong-america-with-his-covid-plan/

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e2.htm
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5927 on: September 09, 2021, 01:17:00 PM »
Interesting:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/09/09/data-and-facts-and-stats-oh-my-covid-fact-thread-super-inconvenient-as-biden-prepares-to-prong-america-with-his-covid-plan/

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e2.htm

I guess it depends on what the comorbidity was as to whether listing it as a covid death is still appropriate.  E.g. a gunshot wound to a vital organ, trauma from a car accident, etc shouldn’t be a covid death, no matter how sick they were when injured.  Diabetes?  Guess that would depend on the other circumstances, and how much covid contributed to the death.  A 95 year old with prostate cancer and congestive heart failure?  Probably ok to list as a covid death if they at least had symptoms and it was likely what finished him off.

The honest number is a lot higher than 21k, but also a lot less than 378k.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5928 on: September 09, 2021, 01:23:59 PM »
The numbers are provided by liars and the numbers are BS.

Making any decisions based on their numbers brings to mind the 'puter saying, garbage in garbage out.

Using their numbers is like reasoning forward on a problem starting with false assumptions.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5929 on: September 09, 2021, 01:25:48 PM »
I guess it depends on what the comorbidity was as to whether listing it as a covid death is still appropriate.  E.g. a gunshot wound to a vital organ, trauma from a car accident, etc shouldn’t be a covid death, no matter how sick they were when injured.  Diabetes?  Guess that would depend on the other circumstances, and how much covid contributed to the death.  A 95 year old with prostate cancer and congestive heart failure?  Probably ok to list as a covid death if they at least had symptoms and it was likely what finished him off.

The honest number is a lot higher than 21k, but also a lot less than 378k.

Likely, and the CDC report does cover much of that, breaking down comorbidities.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5930 on: September 09, 2021, 02:42:14 PM »
Again, the fed.gov is subsidizing Covid admissions to hospitals.  First rule of economics:  If you want more of something, subsidize it.  I don't expect there is a lot of honesty in Covid patient reporting by hospitals.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5931 on: September 09, 2021, 03:55:45 PM »
Again, the fed.gov is subsidizing Covid admissions to hospitals.  First rule of economics:  If you want more of something, subsidize it.  I don't expect there is a lot of honesty in Covid patient reporting by hospitals.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/24/fact-check-medicare-hospitals-paid-more-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5932 on: September 09, 2021, 04:06:05 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/24/fact-check-medicare-hospitals-paid-more-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

As I've mentioned before, at least in the hospitals around here, the number of COVID patients taking up beds that could be used for more profitable surgeries and treatments (like transplants) are causing a significant loss in income vs. non pandemic years.  The hospitals would be better off financially saying they were flu or pneumonia patients and sending them home rather then claiming COVID and admitting them.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5933 on: September 10, 2021, 07:26:54 AM »
Good article about natural immunity with several links.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/why-isnt-anyone-talking-about-natural-immunity
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5934 on: September 10, 2021, 07:57:11 AM »

Using their numbers is like reasoning forward on a problem starting with false assumptions.

But that's only because it IS reasoning forward on the problem starting with false assumptions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5935 on: September 10, 2021, 08:31:19 AM »
As I've mentioned before, at least in the hospitals around here, the number of COVID patients taking up beds that could be used for more profitable surgeries and treatments (like transplants) are causing a significant loss in income vs. non pandemic years.  The hospitals would be better off financially saying they were flu or pneumonia patients and sending them home rather then claiming COVID and admitting them.

From my admittedly limited experience and interactions over the years but unfortunately extensive interaction very recently, this is how I see it:

Hospitals and the whole health care system have been turned into top down ruled organizations. They no longer have the flexibility and adaptiveness of a free market system. This is a worldwide phenomena in all the western world. People like we see in the Biden administration are calling the shots and doctors on the front lines have little to no wiggle room as far as I can tell. 

The government, insurance companies, risk managers and bean counters all have more say than the doctors (and patients).

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5937 on: September 10, 2021, 10:31:40 PM »
Some of the "scientists" worked for those involved in the Wuhan lab.
https://news.yahoo.com/revealed-scientists-dismissed-wuhan-lab-140928767.html

And the "MU" variety may not be as troublesome as the Delta variant.
https://news.yahoo.com/mu-coronavirus-variant-shares-key-153938323.html
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5938 on: September 11, 2021, 12:40:54 AM »
Viral (heh) video purports to show F-22 pilots walking out over COVID vaccine requirement:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/09/10/dod-and-air-force-deny-the-report-from-a-viral-video-that-f-22-pilots-have-walked-out-over-covid-19-vaccine-requirement/

... and it appears to be complete bovine scat.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5939 on: September 11, 2021, 07:23:05 AM »
I got a letter.

It says that I'm an essential employee.

I got to work when other people were scared to go outdoors.

I got to deal with people who were scared to use cash, and who wanted to yell credit card numbers at me.

So that they could buy an essential spark plug for their essential weedeater, so that they could manicure their essential yard.

My yard looks like a frickin' jungle.

I worked a double shift yesterday - open to close. I'm opening the store in a few minutes.

So that people can get essential stuff. And the shoplifters, and their masks, can try to steal.

It's been a long two weeks.

Mass transit never stopped running.

So the essentials can provide.
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5940 on: September 11, 2021, 10:27:16 AM »
I got a letter.

It says that I'm an essential employee.

I got to work when other people were scared to go outdoors.

I got to deal with people who were scared to use cash, and who wanted to yell credit card numbers at me.

So that they could buy an essential spark plug for their essential weedeater, so that they could manicure their essential yard.

My yard looks like a frickin' jungle.

I worked a double shift yesterday - open to close. I'm opening the store in a few minutes.

So that people can get essential stuff. And the shoplifters, and their masks, can try to steal.

It's been a long two weeks.

Mass transit never stopped running.

So the essentials can provide.

It’s funny how returning to work is “literally killing us!” for some people but not for the essential workers who haven’t missed a day.

It’s also funny how I had to keep working after having my pay cut last year when all this started.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5941 on: September 11, 2021, 12:59:58 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/sophies-choice-over-and-over-death-panels-are-the-new-phase-of-the-pandemic/

Be nice to your doctor in Idaho.  He or she may get to pick if you get treatment or not based on your triage score.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5942 on: September 11, 2021, 01:10:28 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/sophies-choice-over-and-over-death-panels-are-the-new-phase-of-the-pandemic/

Be nice to your doctor in Idaho.  He or she may get to pick if you get treatment or not based on your triage score.

Hospitals in northern Idaho are so flooded with COVID-19 patients that the state has declared an emergency, called “crisis standards of care.” It means when you show up to the emergency room, you may get treated based preferentially on who is most likely to live.

Isn't  that always how triage works?  That's why ER waits for the sniffles are so long.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5943 on: September 11, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »

Isn't  that always how triage works?  That's why ER waits for the sniffles are so long.

It is, but civilians in the US are not used to the concept of triage for life-saving treatment such that some may not receive it.  The healthcare system usually has enough depth to avoid triage to this level, but in some areas of the country, that depth has evaporated.  There have been some reports of some patients dying while waiting for transport, or because no transfer bed was available for some distance.  Again, this has happened before, but will we see an uptick in these sort of cases due to COVID? Stay tuned.

The Washington State Hospital Association has been coordinating transfers of patients from the east side to the west side, and earlier this week, we received our first patient from Montana via Life Flight.  They had to bypass Spokane and Salt Lake City to come to Everett. We now have ICU beds set up in conference rooms but staffing the beds is the limiting factor.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5944 on: September 11, 2021, 01:54:29 PM »

Well, the reader comments were interesting.

If I am to take the majority approach there, I insist that all you unvaccinated AND vaccinated that have not had covid need to stay at home and not leave your house, or else be shot on sight. The only people who are safe (using the vax nanny philosophy) are those of us who have naturally recovered from covid and have both the stronger immunity and the further protection of low probability of being carriers, unlike those who took the vaccine. Buncha Typhoid Marys.

This sounds sane to me and should be instituted immediately. I see no downside (for me).

Also, using the reader comment philosophy, where they keep comparing heart attacks to covid, and saying heart attacks trump covid, that means if a 30 year old healthy male is hit by a bus and brought in to a full hospital, your 75 year old grandma who was brought in for a heart attack needs to go sit out at the front of the hospital and die. There but for the grace of God and all that...

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5945 on: September 11, 2021, 05:14:46 PM »

Did is really happen or is it just more fake news like the shooting victims who couldn't get care because covid?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5946 on: September 11, 2021, 05:27:37 PM »
We now have ICU beds set up in conference rooms but staffing the beds is the limiting factor.

A solid reason to get rid of staff who doesn’t want to take the vaccine of course
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5947 on: September 11, 2021, 06:09:03 PM »
If Senator Biden (highest honorific that I know he's entitled to) would say something like, "if you haven't gotten the vaccine yet, please get it.  It's free.  If you've had COVID and recovered from it, consider getting the vaccine anyway for added protection", that's well within his "bully pulpit" rights (whether the added protection part is really true or not) and there would be no pushback.  It might even work.  This "you must comply" bullshit just makes everybody dig their heels in, and rightly so.

Why hasn't Harris deposed him yet?  She must not want the job.
"It's good, though..."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5948 on: September 11, 2021, 06:15:12 PM »
Why hasn't Harris deposed him yet?  She must not want the job.

She has to obey her masters too.  They’ve decided it’s not time yet.  Or they’ve decided not her. 

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5949 on: September 11, 2021, 07:17:42 PM »
Question #382 not to ask your hospital's executives:

"So, could you tell us what you know about these buildings' air handling, filtration and purification systems?"
Blog under construction