Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 444338 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6550 on: December 24, 2021, 10:26:55 PM »
All during this pandemic with lockdowns and quarantines, during travel restrictions and vaccine mandates our Southern border is still wide open. If they get serious about shutting down unrestricted entry of untested, unvaccinated illegal immigrants I might consider taking the howler monkeys of doom seriously (not really).

Then they would need to stop buying ocean front property while screaming about the oceans rising.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6551 on: December 24, 2021, 11:19:17 PM »
You have to follow the science, you heathens!

Undocumented potential citizens, peaceful protesters, and the like are not able to be infected. Only horrible conservatives who attend superspreader events, like church...
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6552 on: December 24, 2021, 11:47:06 PM »
You have to follow the science, you heathens!

Undocumented potential citizens voters, peaceful protesters, and the like are not able to be infected. Only horrible conservatives who attend superspreader events, like church...

FIFY.

Citizenship is optional -- voting is mandatory.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6553 on: December 25, 2021, 08:21:48 AM »
FIFY.

Citizenship is optional -- voting is mandatory.

No it's not. You don't have to vote, the D party will gladly vote for you.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6555 on: December 26, 2021, 04:11:22 PM »
:facepalm:

https://twitter.com/jamestalarico/status/1474825540980948999

Look at the fine print on that box. His mask is removable - yours is not.  :police:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6556 on: December 26, 2021, 07:46:53 PM »
The one comment...

"A figure for those not getting any other action..."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6557 on: December 31, 2021, 02:06:17 PM »
Interesting, and not at all like "back of the bus" for white people:

The state of New York said it will prioritize non-White people in the distribution of COVID-19 treatments in short supply.

New York’s Department of Health released a document detailing its plan to distribute the treatments, such as monoclonal antibody treatment and antiviral pills.

The plan includes a section on eligibility for the scarce antiviral pills that people must meet to receive the treatment, including a line stating a person needs to have "a medical condition or other factors that increase their risk for severe illness."

One such "risk factor" is being a race or ethnicity that is not White due to "longstanding systemic health and social inequities"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-prioritize-non-white-people-low-supply-of-covid-19-treatments
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6558 on: December 31, 2021, 02:10:14 PM »
Some are more equal than others
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6560 on: January 01, 2022, 04:30:45 PM »
Didn't know Trump held a rally in Antarctica
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6562 on: January 05, 2022, 08:56:26 AM »
US science teacher arrested for vaccinating 17-year-old student
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59876583

Police say Laura Russo administered the dose at her home despite having no legal authorisation to give jabs, or consent from the boy's parents.

Ms Russo, 54, who teaches biology, was held on New Year's Eve and could face four years in prison if convicted.

The 17-year-old boy had reportedly wanted the vaccine.

Police say it is unclear how Ms Russo obtained the alleged Covid vaccine, or what brand it is. Currently, the Pfizer-BioNTech jab is the only one authorised for Americans under 18 years old.

This crap is a cult with some of these people. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6563 on: January 05, 2022, 09:53:12 AM »
US science teacher arrested for vaccinating 17-year-old student
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59876583

This crap is a cult with some of these people.

From the article:

Video of the incident in Long Island appears to show Ms Russo telling the teenager: "You'll be fine, I hope."

"Here you go. At-home vaccine," he says.

Ms. Russo seems to consistently fail at risk estimation and management.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6564 on: January 05, 2022, 11:30:23 AM »
Sort of tangential, but I just now saw on TV that a bunch of the big players like Google pulled out of CES this year (it's going on now) due to the covid. It was suggested that it might actually be a good thing for all the smaller and innovative players there that get ignored when the big boys are present.

It seem analogous to the larger differences between states like CA that continue to shut down for covid and flyover states that continue to do business as usual and prosper.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6565 on: January 05, 2022, 12:27:55 PM »
Spontaneous Order in Complex Systems

As expected, my last piece generated a wealth of critical comments.

I don’t deny that there are many bad actors scattered across our governments, and that these bad actors coordinate, plan and conspire. The question, is not whether there are conspiracies, or whether these policies benefit our oligarchic elites, or whether I’ve looked into Event 201. The question, is what is the dominant force driving containment and universal vaccination right now.

The one thing I want to convey here, more than anything else, is the complexity and extent of modern western governments. These are unbelievably elaborate systems, and they are not easily controlled or understood by individuals or confined groups...

Good read:

https://eugyppius.substack.com/p/spontaneous-order-in-complex-systems
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6566 on: January 05, 2022, 01:51:16 PM »
I don't think that we've seen conspiracies as of late - I do think that we've seen a whole bunch of people simultaneously doing what they think is right.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6567 on: January 05, 2022, 02:33:39 PM »
I don't think that we've seen conspiracies as of late - I do think that we've seen a whole bunch of people simultaneously doing what they think is right.
..but some people are flat out wrong and doing evil stuff so I really don't care if they think it is the right thing or not.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6569 on: January 10, 2022, 02:12:16 PM »
The "Forever Maskers":

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2021/04/the-people-who-plan-on-wearing-masks-forever.html

That some people find masks unbearable and others find them "not even a minor inconvenience" is never discussed. I wonder how many mask nazis would even consider the possibility.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6570 on: January 11, 2022, 03:09:58 PM »
Trump continues to live rent-free in liberal minds:

https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Which-mask-What-test-Covid-s-latest-surge-16766542.php

Franklin heaped blame on Donald Trump's handling of the first year of the pandemic, but now, he said, "I look at the lack of tests and the confusing messages, and people on my side - for mandates and vaccination - are hesitant to criticize Biden for fear of empowering Trump, but it's a mess."

But, before that, the article has this to say:

On seemingly every front in the battle against the coronavirus, the messages are muddled: Test or don't test? Which test? When? Isolate or not? For five days? Ten? Go to school or not? See friends and resume normal life, or hunker down again - and if so, for how long, to what end?

The swift and supremely efficient spread of the omicron variant - 7 million cases in the past month, though deaths have declined slightly in the past two weeks - has unleashed waves of new rules and decisions governing every aspect of life. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's guidance shifts from week to week, with changing recommendations on how long people infected with the virus should isolate and who needs to be tested after symptoms resolve. A half-dozen of President Joe Biden's former health advisers recently called on him to pivot to a "new normal" strategy of living with the coronavirus indefinitely.

So if Trump didn't know exactly how to deal with an unprecedented situation, he was evil. If Biden still hasn't figured it out -- two years later -- well, after all, it's an unprecedented situation, so let's all just go along.

That fraying of the public temper was on the mind of CDC Director Rochelle Walensky recently when she said on CNN that although the agency's decision to slice the recommended quarantine period from 10 days to five days was based on scientific findings, it also "really had a lot to do with what we thought people would be able to tolerate. . . . Less than a third of people are isolating when they need to. And so we really want to make sure that we had guidance . . . that people were willing to adhere to."

So, in other words, the shorter quarantine time really isn't based on science, it's based on P.R. "optics."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6571 on: January 11, 2022, 09:53:07 PM »
And 95% of it is handwavium.

It doesn't do anything.

You're gonna catch a cold.

And you may hate me for saying this, but it more than likely will NOT kill you.

And if you are intelligent enough to NOT go visit Gramma in the nursing home while you have the snifflies, she'll probably be okay too.

Then again - it seems like most of the covid dancers are fairly low information individuals.
Blog under construction

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6572 on: January 12, 2022, 07:09:04 AM »
Handwavium is right. This is how it works in France. See if you can grasp the logic.

You need vaccine and booster to get a health pass. Or a negative test from the past 3 days. They are going to take away the test and recovery options this week though, and make it strictly a vaccine pass.

Packed onto a bus or metro with 50 other people? No pass needed.

Waiting in a lunch line 5 cm apart? Even inside? Fine without a pass (because you are ordering carry out). You can even find police in these lines. It's fine apparently.

Crowded outdoor market or crowded supermarket aisles? No pass needed.

Sitting down at a restaurant eating? BANNED unless you have a pass.

Standing at the bar eating or drinking? BANNED for everyone, even if you do have a pass (seriously, it's specifically forbidden to eat standing up. You can only eat sitting down).

Sitting down at restaurant eating "outside" (including sheltered terraces that are 90% enclosed? Fine without a pass.

The health pass is seriously a joke they invented just to punish unvaccinated people by banning them from doing fun things, with absolutely no connection to spreading the virus or not. But they are just doubling down and blaming unvaccinated people for everything.

Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6573 on: January 12, 2022, 07:34:35 AM »
My company has just announced that we're going back to full masks, all the time, including outside if more than 1 person is present.

No gathering in commons areas (they don't define what a "gathering" is).

No potlucks and no food sharing. The food sharing is a new one. Didn't crop up last time.

A return to full social distancing.

LOTS of grumbling from the people I work with.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6574 on: January 12, 2022, 08:50:10 AM »
Handwavium is right. This is how it works in France. See if you can grasp the logic.

You need vaccine and booster to get a health pass. Or a negative test from the past 3 days. They are going to take away the test and recovery options this week though, and make it strictly a vaccine pass.

Packed onto a bus or metro with 50 other people? No pass needed.

Waiting in a lunch line 5 cm apart? Even inside? Fine without a pass (because you are ordering carry out). You can even find police in these lines. It's fine apparently.

Crowded outdoor market or crowded supermarket aisles? No pass needed.

Sitting down at a restaurant eating? BANNED unless you have a pass.

Standing at the bar eating or drinking? BANNED for everyone, even if you do have a pass (seriously, it's specifically forbidden to eat standing up. You can only eat sitting down).

Sitting down at restaurant eating "outside" (including sheltered terraces that are 90% enclosed? Fine without a pass.

The health pass is seriously a joke they invented just to punish unvaccinated people by banning them from doing fun things, with absolutely no connection to spreading the virus or not. But they are just doubling down and blaming unvaccinated people for everything.

Mozell tov!