Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 445834 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6800 on: April 25, 2022, 10:03:14 AM »
China has a low vaccine rate for it's old people. Maybe they don't trust their government.

Are they dying of covid or with covid and a boot on their neck?

China has something of a demographic problem with too many old people with not enough young people to support them tax base wise thanks to their, now somewhat former once they realized they were creating a time bomb, one child policy.

Soooo  [tinfoil]
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6801 on: April 25, 2022, 10:10:10 AM »
Crude oil is falling HARD again today, down over $5 a barrel, on the Shanghai news.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6802 on: April 25, 2022, 11:48:20 AM »
I suspect that China is assuming that we will follow their propaganda lead again, like we did the first time.

Have they gotten any better with their videos of people dying in the streets?
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6804 on: April 26, 2022, 12:19:54 AM »
In other news, here in St. Louis City, three people have died since April 1 with covid attributed as a factor.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6805 on: April 26, 2022, 07:22:34 AM »
For the better part of two years my employer has required employees to take an online Kung Flu assessment on a company app.

If you didn't fill it out, you couldn't get into the buildings and you'd get a stern talking to.

Yesterday was the last day we had to do that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6806 on: April 26, 2022, 08:26:00 AM »
And... The low information/progressive virtue signalers are still wearing masks and lecturing people. The covid dancers are still doing their thing.

My standard reply at this point?

"I had to get the shots. Essential retail. If the people screeching about it were right, I should have been dead last year. We have a web site, and you can have that spark plug for your lawnmower delivered."
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6807 on: April 26, 2022, 09:42:34 AM »
And... The low information/progressive virtue signalers are still wearing masks and lecturing people. The covid dancers are still doing their thing.

"I had to get the shots. Essential retail. If the people screeching about it were right, I should have been dead last year. We have a web site, and you can have that spark plug for your lawnmower delivered."
And the spark plug will be packed and boxed by people who were not essential retail (and may have COVID!).   >:D 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6808 on: April 26, 2022, 09:57:33 AM »

What is in your water? We still got a few mask wearers here, but they keep their business to themselves and go about the day in society. I haven't seen anyone mask or no mask harass anyone with the opposite for a while.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6809 on: April 26, 2022, 10:14:05 AM »
What is in your water? We still got a few mask wearers here, but they keep their business to themselves and go about the day in society. I haven't seen anyone mask or no mask harass anyone with the opposite for a while.

It's Metropolitan Syndrome.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6810 on: April 26, 2022, 10:15:17 AM »
DeathSantis put all the COVID dancers around here in camps months ago.

You still see some people choosing to wear masks, but I haven't been lectured about it in months.  Hell even at Disney last week maybe 2 out of 10 people were masked.  I think someone hid a crazy person bait in Bogie's store.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6811 on: April 26, 2022, 10:20:50 AM »

It is like the therapists say: the only common factor in your unhappy relationships is you.  So if Bogie keeps getting the spittlescreeching.........

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6812 on: April 26, 2022, 10:42:11 AM »
Yep, no mask lectures in a LONG time.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6813 on: April 26, 2022, 10:49:31 AM »
If I go to Kroger maybe 2 out of 10 people will be wearing masks. Never seen anyone lectured over it.
Used to be on the nextdoor app someone almost every day would be screeching about seeing someone in a store without a mask usually followed by I will never shop there again but even that seems to have largely died off.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6814 on: April 26, 2022, 11:51:48 AM »
Despite expecting it to happen, I've never been screeched at about masking during the whole Covid thing.  I have been given the stink eye a time or two, though.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6815 on: April 26, 2022, 01:34:56 PM »
If I go to Kroger maybe 2 out of 10 people will be wearing masks. Never seen anyone lectured over it.
Used to be on the nextdoor app someone almost every day would be screeching about seeing someone in a store without a mask usually followed by I will never shop there again but even that seems to have largely died off.

Maybe because those people don't shop there anymore  :rofl:
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6816 on: April 26, 2022, 05:14:20 PM »
The Missouri River curves to the north just before turning back to the south, and joining the Mississippi, just up-river from St. Louis. On the western bank of that north-running stretch of the river stands St Charles, Missouri. St Charles is a suburb of St. Louis these days, but still far out enough that it can support a Bass Pro shop, and several other gun stores. It's the kind of place where you can find an entire store devoted to jerked meats, as well as a Duluth Trading store, a 5.11, and a Carhartt outlet. It's where I used to shop, to avoid the mask-nazism in St Louis County. Even at the height of pandemic paranoia, there was a Goodcents deli where only a few customers (and none of the staff) wore masks.

I say all that to note that the Half-Price Books in St Charles is plastered with at least a half-dozen signs about its mask mandate. And they enforce it. Or at least it was that way a month ago.

The madness has its pockets where it persists.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6817 on: April 26, 2022, 05:30:15 PM »
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6818 on: April 26, 2022, 06:54:23 PM »
The Missouri River curves to the north just before turning back to the south, and joining the Mississippi, just up-river from St. Louis. On the western bank of that north-running stretch of the river stands St Charles, Missouri. St Charles is a suburb of St. Louis these days, but still far out enough that it can support a Bass Pro shop, and several other gun stores. It's the kind of place where you can find an entire store devoted to jerked meats, as well as a Duluth Trading store, a 5.11, and a Carhartt outlet. It's where I used to shop, to avoid the mask-nazism in St Louis County. Even at the height of pandemic paranoia, there was a Goodcents deli where only a few customers (and none of the staff) wore masks.

I say all that to note that the Half-Price Books in St Charles is plastered with at least a half-dozen signs about its mask mandate. And they enforce it. Or at least it was that way a month ago.

The madness has its pockets where it persists.

I've run into the same when I've crossed the border into Boise. Most places there are back to normal and totally "wear a mask if you want or don't, whatever floats your boat". Except for a few pockets of crazy.

I was in the hospital today, and while they still have "mask up" signs on the front door, they seem lackadaisical about it. I had planned on wearing a mask but forgot mine, and was getting a ride so I couldn't grab a spare from my center console (I have no problems wearing a mask in a germ filled hospital). They had a big box of them at check-in, and I asked if I could grab one. "Sure, if you want".

Upstairs in the unit where I was being prepped, while all the medical professionals had masks on, at least half of them had their masks below their noses (just in the prep area - when they wheeled me in to the procedure, that whole team of course had real masks as per usual). It almost seemed more like they were wearing masks in the prep area for the benefit of any "must mask" patients.

When this procedure was scheduled a few weeks ago, they told me that I had to have a negative covid test 24 hours beforehand from one of their testing places. I got a call late last week that I no longer had to do that as they had cancelled mandatory testing a week previously.

I still gotta wonder how long "getting back to normal" will last with the China news. All it'll take is a couple of slow news days and we'll be back to "mask up or die!" mode.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6819 on: April 26, 2022, 07:02:28 PM »
^^^So clearly, you survived your latest involvement with the medical system.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6820 on: April 26, 2022, 07:09:32 PM »
^^^So clearly, you survived your latest involvement with the medical system.

=D

Two polyps and a hiatal hernia - at least that's what my addled brain remembered them saying when they woke me up.  :laugh:

I'll get the full rundown in my follow-up next week.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6821 on: April 26, 2022, 08:15:53 PM »
My acupuncture clinic still has "please wear a mask" signs all over the place.

My first appointment I didn't wear a mask (I didn't  even think about taking one, to be honest) and no one said boo to me.

My second appointment I did wear a mask.

I figure if someone is going to be jamming needles into me I don't need to go out of my way in pissing him off.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6823 on: April 26, 2022, 08:50:36 PM »
Meanwhile at Costco

https://twitter.com/lightspeedo69/status/1518976955948822529

So he keeps telling the employees to get away from him as he keeps walking towards the employees.  ;/

I wonder where that Costco was? Mine hasn't required masks for quite some time. In fact they canceled "senior and sensitive customers" early opening hours a couple of weeks ago. I thought the Costco rules applied to all stores.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6824 on: April 26, 2022, 08:58:10 PM »
Too bad Tyson doesn't work there.
- Calvin and Hobbes