Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 444809 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6975 on: September 05, 2022, 10:26:12 PM »
Apparently covid hysteria is still a thing in places like NYC:

https://twitchy.com/amy-313134/2022/09/05/this-is-a-thing-blue-check-md-uses-personal-co2-monitor-to-keep-an-eye-on-levels-in-public-spaces/

Went to the VA hospital and they are still demanding masks.  Nice to know it's either comply or no medical care.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6976 on: September 06, 2022, 08:01:57 AM »
Went to the VA hospital and they are still demanding masks. Nice to know it's either comply or no medical care.

Now that they've seen how well that tactic works I wonder what will be the next target.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6977 on: September 06, 2022, 08:32:18 AM »
There are still the covid dancers, but there are fewer of them. Maybe they died off from it?

Be nice if some of them apologized.

Still seeing a LOT of businesses closing for good. Hired help doesn't want to get hired, or show up, and in restaurants, etc., especially the ones who cater to the trendy crowd, many have had to stay closed, or risk the ire of their customers. Who seem to think that the places can survive on a dozen to-go orders a day... Most places like McD's, Wendy's, etc., are running shorter hours, and many are still not open inside. They've trained the customers to use the drive-thru, and to wait 15-20 minutes.
Blog under construction

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6978 on: September 06, 2022, 08:36:28 AM »
Most places like McD's, Wendy's, etc., are running shorter hours, and many are still not open inside. They've trained the customers to use the drive-thru, and to wait 15-20 minutes.
And pay more than what a decent sit-down meal cost two and a half years ago.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6979 on: September 06, 2022, 08:51:38 AM »
Went to the VA hospital and they are still demanding masks.  Nice to know it's either comply or no medical care.

My orthopedic group is still requiring masks.  I've been in PT twice a week for the last month, and that's pretty much the only time I wear a mask anymore.  The Army sent out a semi-nasty email two weeks ago reminding everyone of the HPCON measures, but everyone seems to be ignoring it.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6980 on: September 06, 2022, 09:15:00 AM »
Here in Washington and Oregon, everyone is still required to wear masks in healthcare facilities by state law.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6981 on: September 06, 2022, 09:38:23 AM »
Here in Washington and Oregon, everyone is still required to wear masks in healthcare facilities by state law.
For some reason I read this in Donnie Baker's voice, and I'll say it right to your face.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6982 on: September 06, 2022, 10:08:44 AM »

Same here in North Carolina.  Had to wear a mask visiting my FIL in his memory care facility, the hospital after he broke his hip, and still wearing one while he is in hospice.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6983 on: September 06, 2022, 10:17:37 AM »
2 friends are moving to Montana.  I’m seeing more attractions to that. 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6984 on: September 06, 2022, 12:29:26 PM »
I wouldn’t ease up on the prep. We are one good coughing fit away from empty grocery stores and $8 gas. Especially if one party control ceases in November. Time for more emergency to keep everyone afraid.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6985 on: September 06, 2022, 12:31:21 PM »
Not to mention being one thumb drive away from Skynet!

:angel:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6986 on: September 06, 2022, 01:03:30 PM »
And pay more than what a decent sit-down meal cost two and a half years ago.

Actually, right now, from lunchtime experience, Mickey D's is cheaper than Wendy's, Burger King, and White Castle for equivalent amounts of chow... Haven't been to Taco Hell in a while.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6987 on: September 06, 2022, 01:17:11 PM »

Actually, right now, from lunchtime experience, Mickey D's is cheaper than Wendy's, Burger King, and White Castle for equivalent amounts of chow... Haven't been to Taco Hell in a while.
"equivalent" is not the word I would use, but I am sure it was a little cheaper.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6988 on: September 06, 2022, 01:32:09 PM »
Less than a year ago, chicken nuggets at Burger King were $1.50 for ten.  Then they were eight for $1.50 and that quickly went up to $2.  :mad: 

I used to buy them on the way home when we went to the dog park, and the dogs got most of them but I ate a few too plus I like their honey mustard sauce.  (10 is the right number, and I would pay $2 for that but I wouldn't pay $2.50)

Whoppers Jr. are still good, but they keep getting smaller and smaller.  Now they are basically sliders with lettuce and tomato.  But 2 of them and 2 small orders of fries is still a decent cheap meal if you have one the $3.99 coupons.  They don't send out nearly as many coupons as they used to.
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6989 on: September 06, 2022, 09:27:09 PM »
Use the apps.

Blog under construction

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6990 on: September 06, 2022, 11:39:38 PM »
Use the apps.

No. Every time the prices go up I pull back. Stopped buying combos some while back. Big draw was $1 large unsweet tea because I would use the cup all day to refill with water and ice. Today it became $1.50 and they gave me a paper straw. So despite having no time to eat with two jobs I will see less McD and my health will thank me.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6991 on: September 07, 2022, 01:34:32 AM »
2 friends are moving to Montana.  I’m seeing more attractions to that.

Does either plan to become a dental floss tycoon?
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6992 on: September 07, 2022, 07:23:34 AM »
Does either plan to become a dental floss tycoon?

Only if they avoid going to the train station.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6993 on: September 07, 2022, 09:48:25 AM »
Any Zircon encrusted tweezers available for them? What about pygmy ponies?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #6994 on: September 07, 2022, 09:55:24 AM »
Yippee-i-o-tie-yayyyyy
7-11 was a part time job.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6995 on: September 07, 2022, 04:54:50 PM »
I just saw one of the "covid dancers" Bogie is always going on about.  They were riding a bicycle on a city street, wearing a poorly-fitted surgical mask, and no helmet   :rofl:
"It's good, though..."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6996 on: September 07, 2022, 05:29:29 PM »
I just saw one of the "covid dancers" Bogie is always going on about.  They were riding a bicycle on a city street, wearing a poorly-fitted surgical mask, and no helmet   :rofl:

Amateur.  One who rides the bus regular wears an army helmet, several masks, goggles, face shield, plastic wrap over the helmet, hands gloved with wrists taped, pants cuffs taped. Bicycle has 2 baskets (one on handlebars, one on back) that have their contents all protected by plastic bags or plastic boxes. The baskets have wire lids that are secured with several locks each.  I assume that is so that no-one can get to his stuff and contaminate it.  Nice guy, though.  Pays his fare (and that's a minority of people on some routes) is polite, not talkative ,and generally disappears into the interior until he gets off.

I feel great sympathy for him.  I really do.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6997 on: September 07, 2022, 08:29:26 PM »
Actually sounds pretty familiar...

I think that the best one overall was the guy who had a set of blue gloves on, with a pair of Jersey gloves over them, with a pair of welding gauntlets over those - and he had to take 'em all off in order to pay me. I'll see a mask (or several...) under safety glasses, under a face shield, with a hat on over the head (the 'Rona seems to target hair?).

The youts seem to stick to black masks or bandannas, with sunglasses, a baseball hat, with a hoodie with the hood up over that. Definitely not gonna be able to ID anyone for a warrant.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6998 on: September 07, 2022, 09:15:00 PM »
I think that the best one overall was the guy who had a set of blue gloves on,

One is okay, but two by two is danger.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6999 on: September 19, 2022, 12:54:30 PM »
True or not I'm sure this will get trashed and buried by the admn

The research, funded in part by a grant from the National Institutes of Health, found that against the omicron variant of COVID-19, children in the study group ended up seeing negative — yes, negative — effectiveness some 20 weeks after being vaccinated after peaking between 60 and 70 percent effectiveness.

NIH-Funded Study Shows Pfizer Vaccine Led to Negative Immunity for Some Children
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/09/19/nih-study-shows-pfizer-vaccine-gave-kids-negative-immunity-n2613279
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes