Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440157 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #300 on: March 02, 2020, 07:46:00 PM »
Panic buying has begun.  Local Costco has been wiped clean of toilet paper.

:laugh: Well done.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #301 on: March 02, 2020, 08:24:11 PM »
Just came from Costco
Zero paper towels
Zero TP
People leaving with stacks of water, a **** ton of batteries, flashlights, gas cans
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #302 on: March 02, 2020, 09:01:27 PM »
I've been picking up odds and ends beyond the usual stuff. Hit the local "good" grocery store this evening and got a few more shelf stable items.
The store was as fully stocked as ever with the exception of my favorite grilling spice mix, damned panic buyers.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #303 on: March 02, 2020, 09:02:59 PM »

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #304 on: March 02, 2020, 09:05:03 PM »
I was at Menards today.  One of the things I wanted was in the paint section, happened to notice a big empty section on a shelf.  Yup, masks and respirators, totally sold out.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #305 on: March 02, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »
I was at Menards today.  One of the things I wanted was in the paint section, happened to notice a big empty section on a shelf.  Yup, masks and respirators, totally sold out.

Menards still had hand sanitizer this morning.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #306 on: March 02, 2020, 11:16:59 PM »
Hand sanitizer is basically 2/3 isopropyl alcohol and 1/3 aloe vera gel. Just in case your store is out of the commercial product.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #307 on: March 02, 2020, 11:35:15 PM »
Just buy whiskey and do it from the inside out.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #308 on: March 03, 2020, 07:28:42 AM »
Going to hit the local grocerateria this afternoon for lunch and to pick up a few things. I've not heard of any shortages or anything locally, but I also don't shop at Costco or BJ's.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #309 on: March 03, 2020, 08:00:44 AM »
Turns out my Costco was out of disinfectant wipes.

I didn't even think to look for them as I have a lot if cleaning supplies.

Probably due to businesses buying them all up in order to keep their cubicle and wage slaves from impacting day to day operations by getting sick.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #310 on: March 03, 2020, 08:07:38 AM »
I don't need anything (except I realized I have no liquid hand sanitizer - just hand wipes) but am really tempted to stop by the local Costco and Walmart this week just to see what, if anything, is being bought up.

I'm thinking these runs are pretty regionalized. It wasn't until yesterday that I even saw Idaho based news reports regarding the virus on a state/local level. Everything reported so far has mostly been about what's happening elsewhere (we have no reported cases in ID that I know of). Once we have a case in the state, I think we'll start seeing panic runs, at least in the Boise metro.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #311 on: March 03, 2020, 08:20:00 AM »
I don't need anything (except I realized I have no liquid hand sanitizer - just hand wipes) but am really tempted to stop by the local Costco and Walmart this week just to see what, if anything, is being bought up.

I'm thinking these runs are pretty regionalized. It wasn't until yesterday that I even saw Idaho based news reports regarding the virus on a state/local level. Everything reported so far has mostly been about what's happening elsewhere (we have no reported cases in ID that I know of). Once we have a case in the state, I think we'll start seeing panic runs, at least in the Boise metro.

That's likely the case. As we have no reports of any infections within several hours' drive of us, I don't think the panic has set in here.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2020, 08:29:25 AM »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2020, 08:40:00 AM »
Costco in the Seattle area:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1234729712879976448

Imagine going to costco to stock up so that you can hunker down in place to avoid the Wuflu, but you catch it while standing in line to check out. >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2020, 10:16:40 AM »
Quote from: washingtonpost
The Federal Reserve slashed the benchmark U.S. interest rate by half a percentage point Tuesday, the biggest cut since the financial crisis and a sign that global central banks are prepared to act to contain the economic fallout from the coronavirus.

The U.S. central bank has not made an emergency cut like this since 2008. Fed leaders voted unanimously in favor of the rate reduction. The highly unusual move comes on the heels of other central banks around the world lowering rates and calls by President Trump for a “big” Fed rate cut.

Trump should be pleased with this, he's been asking for awhile now.
However, I do think it kind of reinforces the "PANIC!" message.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #315 on: March 03, 2020, 10:25:08 AM »
Trump should be pleased with this, he's been asking for awhile now.
However, I do think it kind of reinforces the "PANIC!" message.

It's really another thread, but I could go on a rant (again) about how sick I am of these unending and constant rate cuts. Knock it off, Fed and Trump! Tbills are ready to go below 1%. That's just ridiculous.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #316 on: March 03, 2020, 10:42:48 AM »
Oh here you go

The substance—dubbed “Miracle Mineral Solution” or “MMS”—has long been promoted by fringe groups as a combination miracle cure and vaccine for everything from autism to cancer and HIV/AIDS.

QAnon-ers’ Magic Cure for Coronavirus: Just Drink Bleach!
https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-conspiracy-theorists-magic-cure-for-coronavirus-is-drinking-lethal-bleach?ref=author
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #317 on: March 03, 2020, 10:47:55 AM »
Drinking bleach also cures Corona?

I remember when it did such a great job of curing AIDS by killing your HIV...

That concept even showed up in an early episode of Law and Order when Jerry Orbach was still on the series.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2020, 10:55:40 AM »
That is ridiculous. Once you know what this virus is:
Quote from: Twitter
The Chinese were all given mandatory vaccines last fall. The vaccine contained replicating, DIGITIZED (controllable) RNA which were activated by 60Ghz mm 5G waves that were just turned on in Wuhan (as well as all other Countries using 60Ghz 5G ) with the “smart dust” that everyone on the globe has been inhaling through chemtrails. That’s why when they say someone is “cured”, the 'virus' can be “digitally” reactivated at any time and the person can literally drop dead. The Diamond Princess Cruise ship was SPECIFICALLY equipped with 60Ghz 5G. It’s basically remote assassination. Americans are currently breathing in this “smart” dust through chemtrails. Think of it like this: add the combination of vaccines, chemtrails (smart dust) and 5G and your body becomes internally digitized & can be remotely controlled. A person’s organ functions can be stopped remotely if one is deemed non-compliant. Wuhan was a test run for ID2020. The elite call this 60Ghz mm 5G wave the “V” wave (Virus) to mock us. Trump has created a space force in part to combat this weaponized technology. We need to vehemently REJECT the attempted “mandatory vaccine” issue because our lives depend on it.
It's clear that bleach isn't strong enough. Maybe mineral spirits?

Also I spoke too soon about the president being pleased.
The Federal Reserve is cutting but must further ease and, most importantly, come into line with other countries/competitors. We are not playing on a level field. Not fair to USA. It is finally time for the Federal Reserve to LEAD. More easing and cutting!
:O
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #319 on: March 03, 2020, 11:04:45 AM »

I remember when it did such a great job of curing AIDS by killing your HIV...

That concept even showed up in an early episode of Law and Order when Jerry Orbach was still on the series.

After some reading a bit some also think it cures aspergers  :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #320 on: March 03, 2020, 11:16:18 AM »
Apparently there are people saying you can get by popping the bubbles in bubble wrap because, you know, they contain air from China.  :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #322 on: March 03, 2020, 11:39:01 AM »
BRUNING STEEL WILL NOT MELT JET FUEL11!!1
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2020, 11:46:11 AM »
BRUNING STEEL WILL NOT MELT JET FUEL11!!1

Are you saying jet fuel causes CV?   [tinfoil]
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2020, 11:49:21 AM »

Also I spoke too soon about the president being pleased. :O

Much as I don't like it, I actually get where him and the fed are coming from in the short term. With other countries at negative rates or actively cutting, it's kind of a "keep up with the Jones's" thing to stay globally competitive. In the long term though, chasing rates into negative territory is not smart, IMO. The European banks that have been doing it for a while don't seem to be doing anything except making their predicament worse.