Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440065 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #875 on: March 14, 2020, 05:30:19 PM »
Jesus *expletive deleted*ing Christ, some of you ass clowns are talking as if this is the human extinction event of all human extinction events...

Stop being *expletive deleted*ing panic monkeys!

Take a look at Italy’s numbers... they are pretty bleak.

There were reports coming out of China that they were burning 1200 bodies/day in Wuhan City alone, and they were way short on incinerator capacity.

Do the *expletive deleted*ing math.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #876 on: March 14, 2020, 06:10:32 PM »
Take a look at Italy’s numbers... they are pretty bleak.

There were reports coming out of China that they were burning 1200 bodies/day in Wuhan City alone, and they were way short on incinerator capacity.

Do the *expletive deleted*ing math.
I have heard that outside of the Wuhan province, the actual deaths in the rest of China has been pretty low.  How much of that is China being a crap hole and how much is the actual disease.  I think right now the hysteria being drummed up is worse.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #877 on: March 14, 2020, 06:12:25 PM »
The monkeypocalypse has arrived:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSKH_C2YbpY
I think down here there would be a lot of dead monkeys in the road that got run over.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #878 on: March 14, 2020, 06:16:13 PM »
Milo Yiannopoulos was interviewed by Alex Jones.  They talk a little about the virus in the video, but mostly about the Roger Stone trial.  Entertaining at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHX9pVYS7Ak

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #880 on: March 14, 2020, 06:45:04 PM »
Just in case people weren't panicked enough the media continues to drum up numbers

The Hill reports on the worst-case coronavirus models which estimate 1.7 million US deaths
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/03/14/the-hill-reports-on-the-worst-case-coronavirus-models-which-estimate-1-7-million-us-deaths/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #881 on: March 14, 2020, 07:26:54 PM »
Have any of you noticed ammo in short supply?  I see signs it is being bought, but not in short supply.  SGAmmo has a notice at the top of the page that orders may not be shipped for 5 to 10 days.  PSA's bulk ammo prices seem to be creeping up and their CCI 1000 rounds of 9mm bulk box is out of stock.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #882 on: March 14, 2020, 07:43:37 PM »
Well, the dumbness has hit the commissary @ Fairchild AFB. No TP, pasta shelves essentially empty, meat gone except for stuff people don't know how to cook (tri-tip, flank steak, lamb), most of the chicken gone, no pork at all. But there was corned beef, lots of fruits and veggies and most everything else. I talked to one of the cashiers that is a family friend, he said most of it was bought yesterday by the newly allowed shoppers (Purple Heart recipients, former prisoners of war and all service-connected disabled veterans, regardless of rating, as well as caregivers enrolled in the VA's Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers program, ) who are still possibly liking the new benefit. I will send the wife out Wed or Thu to pick up some pork, which is all we really needed that we didn't get. There was a guy buying about 8 cases of MREs, I have a feeling he is going into the resale business, just a hunch.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #883 on: March 14, 2020, 08:09:51 PM »
"He has 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer and nowhere to sell them":

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/He-Has-17-700-Bottles-of-Hand-Sanitizer-and-15131584.php

Boo.

Hoo.

Hmmm ...

Colvin does not believe he was price gouging. While he charged $20 on Amazon for two bottles of Purell that retail for $1 each, he said people forget that his price includes his labor, Amazon’s fees and about $10 in shipping. (Alcohol-based sanitizer is pricey to ship because officials consider it a hazardous material.)

Current price-gouging laws “are not built for today’s day and age,” Colvin said. “They’re built for Billy Bob’s gas station doubling the amount he charges for gas during a hurricane.”

He added, “Just because it cost me $2 in the store doesn’t mean it’s not going to cost me $16 to get it to your door.”

But what about the morality of hoarding products that can prevent the spread of the virus, just to turn a profit?

Colvin said he was simply fixing “inefficiencies in the marketplace.” Some areas of the country need these products more than others, and he’s helping send the supply toward the demand.

“There’s a crushing overwhelming demand in certain cities right now,” he said. “The Dollar General in the middle of nowhere outside of Lexington, Kentucky, doesn’t have that.”

He thought about it more.

“I honestly feel like it’s a public service,” he added. “I’m being paid for my public service.”

That's one of the most mealy-mouthed excuses I've ever heard for being a &^#^%$ing profiteer. May he drown in a flood of hand sanitizer, and then rot in Hell.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #884 on: March 14, 2020, 08:34:48 PM »
Newt Gingrich is in Italy
All schools are closed in all of Italy.
All churches are closed (including St. Peter's Basilica).
All weddings and funerals are postponed.
All restaurants are closed.
In fact, all stores except grocery stores and pharmacies are closed.
People are urged to work from home unless they work in special designated factories
The streets are almost empty.

These steps are not an overreaction.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #885 on: March 14, 2020, 08:44:56 PM »
Mexico reportedly considering closing its border to keep out Americans with coronavirus
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/03/14/xenophobic-mexico-reportedly-considering-closing-its-border-to-keep-out-americans-with-coronavirus/

Maybe they could build a wall or something.   =D

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #886 on: March 14, 2020, 08:51:05 PM »
Mexico reportedly considering closing its border to keep out Americans with coronavirus
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/03/14/xenophobic-mexico-reportedly-considering-closing-its-border-to-keep-out-americans-with-coronavirus/

That would be racist
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #887 on: March 14, 2020, 08:59:05 PM »

Mexico will pay for the wall!!! Another Trump promise kept.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #888 on: March 14, 2020, 10:30:46 PM »
I was checking the commie pinko excuse for a newspaper from Santa Barbara today, and they reported that at my old Costco, the line to get in when they opened, counted by Costco employees, was ~1000 people.

My hunting buddy here stopped by this afternoon and said he tried to get to the Albertsons by his house but there were no free parking spaces and he got tired of circling the lot. He ended up stopping at my town's store on his way home and called to tell me they were still pretty stocked up and not a lot of shoppers.

This all makes me glad I was prepared, and I would sure like to rub it in the faces of some old coworkers who made fun of me years ago for it, and that are probably crying today that there's no TP at the Trader Joes.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #889 on: March 14, 2020, 11:00:09 PM »
Yesterday, the local Walmart looked like an early Black Friday, elbow to elbow and ahole to belly button.  Today, not so much.  More like a normal first of the month Saturday.

Of course, after yesterday there wasn't much left on the shelves.  Paper products aisle was empty, completely.  Canned goods, about 40% of normal stock.  Meat dept looked OK.

The "just in time" stocking doesn't work when something like this comes down.  It might look good on paper, and might help the bottom line, it isn't good when the chips are down.

The grocery store nearby was still stocked well in all departments.  They did have postings limiting the amount of certain products, (water, paper goods, sanitizers, etc.), but they aren't hurting for product like Walmart.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #890 on: March 14, 2020, 11:26:27 PM »
Who would have thought that civilization would collapse this way.   [popcorn]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #891 on: March 15, 2020, 02:07:10 AM »
Who would have thought that civilization would collapse this way.   [popcorn]
"And so the Age of Men ended, not with a bang, but with a whimper, and the cleanest buttholes in all of history"
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #892 on: March 15, 2020, 05:15:11 AM »
Would CPAP machines be helpful for cases with borderline or marginal need for ventilation?

I'm wondering/hoping about this also.  I've got the instructions on how to adjust the air flow for mine, if need be it can be adjusted up to "hurricane".

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #893 on: March 15, 2020, 06:17:14 AM »
Not to be outdone by other leftist leaders sowing FUD, NC governor Roy Cooper has closed public schools and banned public gatherings of more than 100 people for two weeks starting Monday, 2/16/20.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #894 on: March 15, 2020, 06:26:47 AM »
I have a favor to ask the hive.  If I die from COVID-19, please don't let me vote Democrat in November.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #895 on: March 15, 2020, 06:42:50 AM »
I have a favor to ask the hive.  If I die from COVID-19, please don't let me vote Democrat in November.

I am SO stealing that for my Facebook page!  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #896 on: March 15, 2020, 06:50:28 AM »
Talked with a neighbor of mine yesterday who does early Saturday morning shopping trips.

He said that Wegman's was pretty cleaned out, but Walmart was in pretty good shape. Something were out, but they had lots of meat. My guess is that they got an overnight delivery.

I'm going to swing into the Walmart near my office on my way to work tomorrow morning.

I'm thinking that the worst of the panic monkey buying should start to slow down in a couple of days and it will be easier to get stuff.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #897 on: March 15, 2020, 07:01:56 AM »
"I think right now the hysteria being drummed up is worse."

Yep. There's your math.

But, just in case, I did do some shopping yesterday for more dog food for Seren.

Picked up a bunch of cans and another bag of kibble. Should be good for quite awhile there.

And, if the spit really hits the spam (MONKEY MATH PANIC OVERLOAD!!!!), well the Turkey and Bacon flavor actually smells pretty good...  :rofl:

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #898 on: March 15, 2020, 08:33:51 AM »
Stores are starting to restock and will continue to. 
I found this article entertaining, especially on the mentality that led to hoarding *expletive deleted*it paper
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/09/health/toilet-paper-shortages-novel-coronavirus-trnd/index.html
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #899 on: March 15, 2020, 08:44:24 AM »
I'm thinking that the worst of the panic monkey buying should start to slow down in a couple of days and it will be easier to get stuff.

I suspect this is still going to vary wildly. Here for instance, two weeks ago, Costco was not that bad - no more than the holiday rush, other than running out of TP and water. There were still plenty of parking spaces, etc. I haven't been there since then, but we only just had our first reported case of the virus, quickly followed by three more. Those four cases somehow made things finally go batshit here to where there's no parking at the Costco or many other stores.

As new "panic news" develops state by state, and city by city, I think we'll still see increased panic behavior. I would suspect at some point, states like CA will finally get panic weary, even though they may have dense population centers where caution would still be indicated, and panic buying will lessen. At some point soon, every *expletive deleted*ing person in the US is going to have a case of toilet paper and that buying spree is going to moderate.

Which - tangent - has me totally pissed off. I put all my eggs in one basket and bet that a TP supply is what would make me a wealthy apocalypse warlord. Now the entire SHTF monetary structure has crashed via supply and demand, and toilet paper is about as worthless as a trade good as toilet paper. I need to come up with a new source for TEOTWAWKI wealth.  :mad: