Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 439933 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #4925 on: February 09, 2021, 08:13:51 PM »
The insurance companies demanded they become laws.

There was no public outcry demanding government get involved. In fact in both cases there was a lot of grumbling from the public.

You still can go helmetless in Illinois, a helmet is not required.

Not too long after they mandated seat belt wearing they removed the requirement for motorcycle helmets in Ky, Go figure
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4926 on: February 09, 2021, 08:56:12 PM »
Most prudent people don't get into car crashes or motorcycle collisions. 

[scratches head] You realize your prudence won't keep drunks from crossing the median to pull a Dave Matthews on you? Right?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #4927 on: February 09, 2021, 09:09:46 PM »
None of this should be in the purview of the federal(feral) government.

Woody

If the ends sought cannot be achieved through the means granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, there is neither a need nor the power for the Federal Government to get involved.   B.E.Wood

"Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4928 on: February 10, 2021, 10:28:51 AM »
NH does not have a seatbelt law for adults.  Only state that doesn't.

No helmet law, either.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4929 on: February 10, 2021, 10:37:40 AM »
If it's for the "common good" it doesn't have to make sense.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4930 on: February 10, 2021, 03:54:03 PM »
UC Berkeley Penitentiary. Geez - those are some restrictions.

University authorities said in a notice Monday that students in dorms must remain in their rooms at all times, except to seek medical care, in case of an emergency, to go the bathroom, or to get food.

“After you pick up your food, you are required to return immediately to your room,” the notice cautions, noting that students may only go out to collect food at specific times and from designated food distribution kiosks.

Students may also leave their rooms to get their mandatory, twice-per-week COVID-19 test.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/uc-berkeley-tightens-virus-lockdown-imposing-solo-exercise-ban-and-enhanced-monitoring-of-dorms_3692454.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4931 on: February 10, 2021, 03:59:30 PM »
"Mandatory Twice per week COVID test"?  *expletive deleted*ck right off.  That's 1. annoying, 2. Not the CDC recommended testing protocol, and 3. a ridiculous waste of lab resources.

If they are that concerned, just go to virtual classes.  The FL University system figured it out, I'm sure the big brains at Berkley could as well.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4933 on: February 10, 2021, 10:33:15 PM »
"I'm going to shut down the virus, not the country." - Joe Biden

I forget. Was he going to cure cancer first, or Commie-virus?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4934 on: February 10, 2021, 10:54:31 PM »
"I'm going to shut down the virus, not the country." - Joe Biden

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/02/10/biden-administration-considering-domestic-travel-restrictions-on-florida-due-to-coronavirus-mutations/

He must have had a flare-up of dementia;  he appears to be shutting down the country and stimulating the virus ......  [tinfoil] [popcorn]     =|
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4935 on: February 11, 2021, 09:07:31 AM »
He must have had a flare-up of dementia;  he appears to be shutting down the country and stimulating the virus ......  [tinfoil] [popcorn]     =|

Per standard dem policy for every problem
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4936 on: February 12, 2021, 11:03:30 AM »
This Cuomo / nursing home thing is interesting. I'm mostly seeing "Republicans pounce" articles, I guess because the MSM made him a hero with their coverage and his Emmy award and everything.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4937 on: February 12, 2021, 11:34:09 AM »
This Cuomo / nursing home thing is interesting. I'm mostly seeing "Republicans pounce" articles, I guess because the MSM made him a hero with their coverage and his Emmy award and everything.
I heard it looks like they lied about the number of deaths at nursing homes.  I thought I heard the numbers were near double what they reported. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4938 on: February 12, 2021, 12:19:59 PM »
I heard it looks like they lied about the number of deaths at nursing homes.  I thought I heard the numbers were near double what they reported.

I found it interesting that the dem NY AG (same one suing the NRA) is who pretty much blew this up. Usually the parties stick together at that level.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4939 on: February 12, 2021, 12:23:42 PM »
^^^I wonder if the NY AG has ambitions for the governor's office.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4940 on: February 12, 2021, 01:19:14 PM »
NH does not have a seatbelt law for adults.  Only state that doesn't.

No helmet law, either.

If seatbelts laws are really about safety why are they not required on school buses?
Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer in the efficacy of seatbelts. Just not the creeping nannyism of seatbelt laws. When they first passe them here we were promised they would not be a primary offense, on km y an add on if you got pulled over for something else. That last about a year and then it was changed to a primary.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #4941 on: February 12, 2021, 10:54:54 PM »
If seatbelts laws are really about safety why are they not required on school buses?

What Is Compartmentalization?
Compartmentalization in school buses is the design concept of using tall seat backs, padded with energy-absorbing construction covering all metal parts, and spacing that is closer than typically found in passenger vehicles.

https://www.hw-lawfirm.com/what-part-does-compartmentalization-play-in-school-bus-safety/
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4942 on: February 13, 2021, 09:31:10 AM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4943 on: February 16, 2021, 09:39:09 PM »
https://gab.com/UCVM2112/posts/105736667849248484

The linked text is about putting together "teams" to protect business owners that choose to ignore certain Covid rules. Documenting law enforcement/code enforcement interactions, and possibly other forms of backlash, etc.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4944 on: February 18, 2021, 08:24:13 AM »
Apparently Pfizer says that the new South African variant reduces vaccine effectiveness by 2/3.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4945 on: February 18, 2021, 08:35:34 AM »
https://gab.com/UCVM2112/posts/105736667849248484

The linked text is about putting together "teams" to protect business owners that choose to ignore certain Covid rules. Documenting law enforcement/code enforcement interactions, and possibly other forms of backlash, etc.

That poster's writing sounds like a Nigerian e-mail scam.  Or something that Google Translate spit out. 

Post is Sus.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4946 on: February 18, 2021, 11:07:38 AM »
Apparently Pfizer says that the new South African variant reduces vaccine effectiveness by 2/3.

Possibly we're going to play a sort of "cold war catch-up"  with THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN - - - -oooops, covid19;  it mutates so we have to make a better vaccine.....then it mutates again so we need a stronger vaccine ..... and so on. [tinfoil]

*SIGH.*

So ... it's going to be like the "regular" flu;   new boosters once a year. ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #4947 on: February 18, 2021, 11:26:53 AM »
Not that I really care to rekindle the fake statistics debates, but I recall there was some discussion awhile back about whether or not COVID would be big enough to show up in the life expectancy stats.
Life expectancy in the United States dropped a staggering one year during the first half of 2020 as the coronavirus pandemic caused its first wave of deaths, health officials are reporting.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4948 on: February 18, 2021, 04:47:19 PM »
Not that I really care to rekindle the fake statistics debates, but I recall there was some discussion awhile back about whether or not COVID would be big enough to show up in the life expectancy stats.

Apnews sus.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4949 on: February 19, 2021, 09:57:58 AM »
Looks like Nevada has the first reported case of the new South African variant.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/updates-on-ccp-virus-africa-deaths-near-100000-after-second-wave_3701773.html