Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440253 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5000 on: March 01, 2021, 10:09:25 AM »
I wonder what the on-line attendance rates are for those very students...

I bet it's pretty bad.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5001 on: March 01, 2021, 10:13:07 AM »
Someone needs to call Mr. Obvious

Student behavior referrals plummet during distance learning at JCPS
https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/student-behavior-referrals-plummet-during-distance-learning-at-jcps/article_7d874ce4-7873-11eb-b540-ff698f5eb995.html

Overall learning has plummeted as well, but we won't admit that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5002 on: March 01, 2021, 10:13:51 AM »
Oh, that's been a very publicized complaint here in DMV over the past couple of months.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5003 on: March 01, 2021, 10:16:54 AM »
I wonder what the on-line attendance rates are for those very students...

I bet it's pretty bad.

Upcoming headline
POC school attendance rates fell to their lowest level since Jim Crow under Trump.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5004 on: March 01, 2021, 10:46:42 AM »
Overall learning has plummeted as well, but we won't admit that.

Yup. My grand niece, who has always loved school, started falling way behind on her reading level (she's in 2nd grade) because of remote learning and the teachers just not having time to help students get over any remote learning humps. Her dad is a good guy, but just not a good home schooler. I gave him four grand to hire a private tutor and she has now caught back up, but not every kid gets that kind of help.

I can only imagine how badly this "graduation year" cadre of students is going to fall behind by the time they all graduate. I think the younger students, in their formative years, are going to be especially hard hit.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5005 on: March 01, 2021, 09:24:12 PM »
My daughter has been in school all but part of the week before thanksgiving. Well the the also had four snow days. So far no problems and I'm not seeing any coming.

My county numbers as of today.

Pop: 16,172
Positive: 1345
Active: 11
Deaths: 29
Negative: 11,890

I only know about a few of the deaths but the ones I know were over 80. The only positive people I know that had any problems are fat.

I sure don't want to get it but that's not looking very deadly for a county that never shut down and has an older population.

Two weeks to flatten the curve. We never saw a curve. We had a little bump just before thanksgiving that was it.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5006 on: March 03, 2021, 10:40:48 PM »
Ben, I congratulate you on being such a "grand" uncle.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5007 on: March 04, 2021, 08:12:26 AM »
Ben, I congratulate you on being such a "grand" uncle.

Thanks. My niece, who died of a brain tumor a few years ago, was always like a daughter to me, so I feel it's my duty to take care of my grand niece. I feel bad though, for all the kids that don't have someone to help them, financially or otherwise, get through this remote learning charlie foxtrot.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5008 on: March 05, 2021, 05:14:30 PM »
Illegal immigration detention facilities opened to 100% (or more) capacity by order of the president. Schools are still closed. TX and MS are "Neanderthals" per the president for relaxing covid restrictions.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/03/05/biden-admin-reportedly-gives-green-light-to-open-back-up-to-pre-covid-capacity-migrant-holding-facilities-only/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5009 on: March 05, 2021, 11:58:36 PM »
 :facepalm:

Blue-checks are afraid of life getting back to normal. Really. They are tweeting this to their followers right now.
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/03/05/blue-checks-are-afraid-of-life-getting-back-to-normal-really-they-are-tweeting-this-to-their-followers-right-now/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #5010 on: March 06, 2021, 04:54:24 AM »
^ (LINK, BRAVE BROWSER)

The requested twitter page popped up for an instant, followed by:

GOOGLE
404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

? ? ?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 06:41:06 AM by 230RN »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5011 on: March 06, 2021, 06:59:57 AM »
^ (LINK, BRAVE BROWSER)

The requested twitter page popped up for an instant, followed by:

? ? ?

Works for me using Chrome.

Also, why are leftist so scared of everything?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #5012 on: March 06, 2021, 07:49:20 AM »
^
Sturm und Drang, strife and distress, hate and discontent, are all at the roots of Communism.

And it doesn't matter where the hate and discontent is directed or whether it is rational or not.  It's like successive advertising "impacts." No matter how many times you ignore a commercial, for instance, each presentation is an "impact," even if you can barely hear it from the next room.

Thus it is with Leftist complaints.  Every complaint no matter how irrational, no matter where it is directed, is another.... impact.

Terry

REF:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sturm+und+drang&t=h_&ia=web

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5013 on: March 07, 2021, 01:32:54 PM »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/austria-suspends-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-batch-after-death_3723690.html

ZURICH—Austrian authorities have suspended inoculations with a batch of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine as a precaution while investigating the death of one person and the illness of another after the shots, a health agency said on Sunday.

“The Federal Office for Safety in Health Care (BASG) has received two reports in a temporal connection with a vaccination from the same batch of the AstraZeneca vaccine in the district clinic of Zwettl” in Lower Austria province, it said.

One 49-year-old woman died as a result of severe coagulation disorders, while a 35-year-old woman developed a pulmonary embolism and is recovering, it said. A pulmonary embolism is an acute lung disease caused by a dislodged blood clot.

“Currently there is no evidence of a causal relationship with the vaccination,” BASG said.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5014 on: March 10, 2021, 10:45:25 AM »
Interesting article on "waves" of long haul symptoms. Maybe  I can now point my finger at covid for the old guy mind fog I seem to be getting more and more of.  :laugh:

I still don't have my smell back. I've been starting to get something like "ghost" smells - sorta kinda thinking I smell something, but I can't be sure.

Anyway, the CCP made a pretty good first run at a bioweapon release.  =)

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/long-haul-covid-patients-can-experience-waves-symptoms-early-research-n1259281

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5015 on: March 10, 2021, 10:54:05 AM »
https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/coronavirus/article249663363.html

Idaho truck driver concludes COVID wasn't a hoax after all.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5016 on: March 10, 2021, 11:14:43 AM »

He is in on it.  One of "them."
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5017 on: March 10, 2021, 11:23:44 AM »
:facepalm:

Blue-checks are afraid of life getting back to normal. Really. They are tweeting this to their followers right now.
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/03/05/blue-checks-are-afraid-of-life-getting-back-to-normal-really-they-are-tweeting-this-to-their-followers-right-now/

I don’t want to travel endlessly for work. I don’t want my weekends to be over-committed with activities. I don’t want to miss bedtime with my kid. I don’t want to wear blazers — or, hell, even shoes.

Oddly enough I find myself more or less in complete agreement with that statement as amended.
 =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5018 on: March 10, 2021, 11:42:05 AM »
He is in on it.  One of "them."

Bodysnatched by a pod  [tinfoil]
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5019 on: March 10, 2021, 11:53:27 AM »

There are many people who think it's all a hoax.

The hoax isn't the virus. The hoax is treating something that's 3 times as deadly as the flu as the andromeda strain.

Have the actions of the past year (the blatant lying, manipulation, draconian measures, and mask insanity) including destroying thousands of people's livelihoods been appropriate to something this benign?

Yes, people have died. Yes, it's a serious disease. But it should never have disrupted the world this much. Our entire world is insane. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5020 on: March 10, 2021, 12:18:49 PM »
Yup. My grand niece, who has always loved school, started falling way behind on her reading level (she's in 2nd grade) because of remote learning and the teachers just not having time to help students get over any remote learning humps. Her dad is a good guy, but just not a good home schooler. I gave him four grand to hire a private tutor and she has now caught back up, but not every kid gets that kind of help.

I can only imagine how badly this "graduation year" cadre of students is going to fall behind by the time they all graduate. I think the younger students, in their formative years, are going to be especially hard hit.
I have two nieces in college (or taking college classes remotely).  I found out one was having trouble with math and got a tutor to help.  They don't have any office hours or time with a teaching assistant.  I don't think she even has an actual textbook.  She ended up getting a tutor to get her through that spot and is doing well again.  My other niece was already using tutors to assist. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5021 on: March 10, 2021, 02:06:36 PM »
There are many people who think it's all a hoax.

The hoax isn't the virus. The hoax is treating something that's 3 times as deadly as the flu for those over 70, about as deadly for those 50-70, and far less deadly for those under about 50 as the andromeda strain.

Have the actions of the past year (the blatant lying, manipulation, draconian measures, and mask insanity) including destroying thousands of people's livelihoods been appropriate to something this benign?

Yes, people have died. Yes, it's a serious disease. But it should never have disrupted the world this much. Our entire world is insane.

FTFY.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5022 on: March 14, 2021, 12:52:50 PM »
More bad news for the AstraZeneca vaccine (and users thereof):

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/14/europe/ireland-stops-astrazeneca-rollout-intl/index.html

Health authorities in Austria were the first to sound the alarm on the potential dangers of the vaccine, suspending on Tuesday one batch of doses.

Italy on Friday banned the use of vaccines from a specific batch of AstraZeneca doses following the death of a serviceman in Sicily, who had died of cardiac arrest one day after receiving his first dose of the vaccine.

Denmark however on Thursday became the first European country to temporarily suspend the entire rollout of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The European Union's medicines regulator, the EMA, is currently investigating whether the shot could be linked to a number of reports of blood clots.
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5023 on: March 14, 2021, 01:08:55 PM »
A tale of two states: California and Florida have nearly identical COVID infection rates despite taking very different approaches to the pandemic:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/virus-tolls-similar-despite-governors-contrasting-actions_3732095.html

Nearly a year after California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered the nation’s first statewide shut down because of the coronavirus, masks remain mandated, indoor dining and other activities are significantly limited, and Disneyland remains closed.

By contrast, Florida has no statewide restrictions. Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis has prohibited municipalities from fining people who refuse to wear masks. And Disney World has been open since July.

Despite their differing approaches, California and Florida have experienced almost identical outcomes in COVID-19 case rates.

How have two states that took such divergent tacks arrived at similar points?

California and Florida both have a COVID-19 case rate of around 8,900 per 100,000 residents since the pandemic began, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And both rank in the middle among states for COVID-19 death rates—Florida was 27th as of Friday; California was 28th.
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5024 on: March 14, 2021, 01:21:08 PM »
A tale of two states: California and Florida have nearly identical COVID infection rates despite taking very different approaches to the pandemic:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/virus-tolls-similar-despite-governors-contrasting-actions_3732095.html

I wonder if we couldn't say CA is actually worse, if you factor in the age demographics. FL has a lot of at-risk elderly.