Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440515 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5300 on: June 10, 2021, 09:24:42 AM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/fortunes-spent-on-plastic-shields-with-no-proof-they-stop-covid/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=owned_echobox_f&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3d3wYmTj_FqO_SwWm193tu18Nq-7TyMwsED0bGw6ZDLD1N24ydMXry2PA#Echobox=1623246313

Our healthcare system spent several million dollars installing these barriers in our hospitals and clinics, based on the infection prevention recommendations at the time. I wonder if the epidemiology/infection prevention folks will recommend they be removed.  As a hard of hearing person, it certainly makes my life more difficult trying to hear someone on the other side of the barrier.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5301 on: June 10, 2021, 09:53:40 AM »
As a hard of hearing person, it certainly makes my life more difficult trying to hear someone on the other side of the barrier.

As a not hard of hearing (though I have the old guy hearing going on) guy, I found it difficult to hear people behind masks and barriers. I'm sure I annoyed plenty of people with, "Speak up, sonny!"   :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5302 on: June 10, 2021, 10:24:45 PM »
As a not hard of hearing (though I have the old guy hearing going on) guy, I found it difficult to hear people behind masks and barriers. I'm sure I annoyed plenty of people with, "Speak up, sonny!"   :laugh:

I just get within that 6' zone and say in my scratchy old man's voice - "Eh?  What's that you say?"  :old: >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5304 on: June 15, 2021, 08:17:59 AM »
US Intelligence. The Secretary of State.  Officials at NIH. Us Senators. A president - All crazy conspiracy theorists

Jon Stewart - *expletive deleted*it now we have to believe the lab leak.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/06/15/lib-meltdown-imminent-jon-stewart-made-a-very-convincing-case-for-the-wuhan-lab-leak-theory-last-night-on-stephen-colberts-show/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5305 on: June 15, 2021, 08:57:50 AM »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1403394195402858497
Over the weekend, there were posts with pictures/video of them shaking hands and standing close together after the showboating was over.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5307 on: June 15, 2021, 12:13:45 PM »
I don't usually agree with Jon Stewart, but he is a whole lot funnier than the rest of them.

Mainly because they're trying to BE him and failing.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5308 on: June 16, 2021, 10:26:15 AM »
The Recount
@therecount
Dr. Fauci on COVID lab leak theory: “We’ve always said ‘keep an open mind and continue to look.’ So I think it’s a bit of a distortion to say that we deliberately suppressed that.”
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/16/dr-anthony-fauci-who-deliberately-suppressed-lab-leak-theory-says-its-a-bit-of-a-distortion-to-say-that-we-deliberately-suppressed-lab-leak-theory-video/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5309 on: June 16, 2021, 10:51:04 AM »
People are catching colds again

Colds are coming back after masks come off
https://www.wave3.com/2021/06/15/colds-are-coming-back-after-masks-come-off/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5310 on: July 06, 2021, 02:47:40 PM »
Knock Knock

Caleb Hull
@CalebJHull
Jen Psaki: We will be going door-to-door to Americans who have not been vaccinated

Nothing to see here, just Jen Psaki admitting the feds will be going door-to-door to Americans who have not been vaccinated (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/07/06/nothing-to-see-here-just-jen-psaki-admitting-the-feds-will-be-going-door-to-door-to-americans-who-have-not-been-vaccinated-watch/
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5311 on: July 06, 2021, 02:52:10 PM »
That will be a fun gig.  I wonder who they will get to do that.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5312 on: July 06, 2021, 02:56:35 PM »
That will be a fun gig.  I wonder who they will get to do that.

A-T-F
Hide your dogs.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5313 on: July 06, 2021, 03:01:21 PM »
I wonder if the feds will bring tattoo guns or some other form of identification to force on those refusing to be vaccinated?
It doesn't make sense to go door-to-door if there isn't going to be some sort of enforcement action for those refusing to do the beer virus pokey.

Edited to add:  Hyperbole for illustrative purposes.  At the very least there will be a database compiled of those that refuse to vaccinate.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 10:18:16 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5314 on: July 06, 2021, 03:17:10 PM »
That will just insure that most of the people who have not gotten the corona vaccine never will. 

Kind of a harsh action to take for an illness with a 99+% (insert exact number here) survival rate.  Especially when the survival rate for the vaccine is less than 100%.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5315 on: July 06, 2021, 03:19:59 PM »
A-T-F
Hide your dogs.

Start in Harlan County.  They respect the Revenuers.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5316 on: July 06, 2021, 03:22:03 PM »
I strongly doubt there will be any sort of door to door enforcement at this point or near future.

The door to door thing sounds more like a way to give money to people and groups they want to give money to. Also a way to do campaigning and PR on the taxpayer dime.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5317 on: July 06, 2021, 03:40:03 PM »
She referred to it as an "outreach" program. She didn't say they'd be going to unvaccinated people's doors. Sounds like plain-old canvassing to me.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5318 on: July 06, 2021, 03:55:25 PM »
I wonder if the feds will bring tattoo guns or some other form of identification to force on those refusing to be vaccinated?

So long as my name gets entered in the database as “Not Sure” I’m good with the tattoo.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5319 on: July 06, 2021, 03:57:32 PM »
What does HIPAA say about the govt pulling your med records to see if you're vaccinated or not?
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5320 on: July 06, 2021, 04:09:01 PM »
What does HIPAA say about the govt pulling your med records to see if you're vaccinated or not?

It says they can: https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/guidance/disclosures-public-health-activities/index.html

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5321 on: July 06, 2021, 04:11:45 PM »
She referred to it as an "outreach" program. She didn't say they'd be going to unvaccinated people's doors. Sounds like plain-old canvassing to me.

She says' "targeted community by community door to door outreach to get remaining Americans vaccinated". That sounds like, or at the very least can be interpreted, as knocking on doors to me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 05:47:37 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5322 on: July 06, 2021, 04:35:22 PM »
I strongly doubt there will be any sort of door to door enforcement at this point or near future.

The door to door thing sounds more like a way to give money to people and groups they want to give money to. Also a way to do campaigning and PR on the taxpayer dime.

Yup. They're going to hire a bunch of temporary people at $30/hr from whatever special interest/racial/whatever groups they currently favor and those people will be going door to door with "educational materials". Probably not much different than when they do the census. I won't be surprised if half the people they hire just sit at home and collect the paycheck without ever going out knocking on doors.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5323 on: July 06, 2021, 04:51:33 PM »
That will just insure that most of the people who have not gotten the corona vaccine never will. 

Kind of a harsh action to take for an illness with a 99+% (insert exact number here) survival rate.  Especially when the survival rate for the vaccine is less than 100%.

And still only about a tenth of the population have contracted it at all.  So a 90% chance to not get it at all compounded with a 99.997% survival rate for my medical categories.  There is no vaccine on the planet that can improve those numbers, the odds of a major negative reaction to the vaccine are substantially greater than the odds of infection and complication from infection.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5324 on: July 06, 2021, 04:53:04 PM »
So long as my name gets entered in the database as “Not Sure” I’m good with the tattoo.

I see you possess Presidential aspirations.  :cool: