Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 444427 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5350 on: July 12, 2021, 08:21:18 AM »
I think that picture's from somewhere in the middle east, not the United States....

Still think it was funny
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5351 on: July 12, 2021, 08:22:29 AM »
Not vaccinated? Well.....

Leana Wen, M.D.
@DrLeanaWen
Speaking soon with @AnaCabrera @CNNnewsroom: To increase #covid19 vaccinations, we need to make being vaccinated the easy choice and being unvaccinated the hard one.

There should be vaccine requirements at more workplaces (those opting out need, say, twice-weekly testing).
1:22 PM · Jul 7, 2021
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/12/tyrants-gonna-tyrant-former-head-of-planned-parenthood-calls-for-mandatory-twice-weekly-covid-19-tests-for-those-who-arent-vaccinated/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5352 on: July 12, 2021, 11:29:16 AM »
Palmer Report
@PalmerReport
Leana Wen is correct. Unvaccinated right wingers are a threat to national security, and the only thing they understand is consequences. Force them to get constantly tested. Lock them out of public places. Force them to stat home by default. They’ll whine, but they’ll cave.
4:44 PM · Jul 11, 2021

About that

TheAmishOne
@ThatAmish1
.@PalmerReport and @DrLeanaWen have both seen the polling that shows Blacks and Hispanics are disproportionally "vaccine hesitant" over "right wing whites", but they push this narrative so they can really let the progressive eugenics programs fly.
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/07/12/what-a-dolt-palmer-report-too-stupid-to-realize-his-attack-on-unvaccinated-right-wingers-is-actually-an-attack-on-black-communities/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5353 on: July 12, 2021, 01:27:48 PM »
Former head of PP calling for mandatory anything is grimly hilarious. Should get a mandatory execution.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5354 on: July 12, 2021, 05:30:15 PM »
WTF???
But it's okay, it's not Trump

Natasha Korecki
@natashakorecki
NEW: Bidenworld is taking a more aggressive approach to combat vaccine fear-mongering by conservative forces.
That includes
– Calling on SMS carriers to mete out false messages
– urging social media platforms to fact-check

w/ @EugeneDaniels2

‘Please tell me this is a typo’: Biden admin, DNC reportedly asking cell phone carriers to police TEXT MESSAGES for misinformation
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/07/12/please-tell-me-this-is-a-typo-biden-admin-dnc-reportedly-asking-cell-phone-carriers-to-police-text-messages-for-misinformation/
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5355 on: July 13, 2021, 04:15:18 PM »
WTF???
But it's okay, it's not Trump

‘Please tell me this is a typo’: Biden admin, DNC reportedly asking cell phone carriers to police TEXT MESSAGES for misinformation
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/07/12/please-tell-me-this-is-a-typo-biden-admin-dnc-reportedly-asking-cell-phone-carriers-to-police-text-messages-for-misinformation/

What else would you expect from the New Stazi police force?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5356 on: July 14, 2021, 08:29:30 AM »
I thought this was interesting. One hundred vaccinated crewmen on a British aircraft carrier caught the covid. I don't know what the crew complement of a British aircraft carrier is - maybe 5000?

It's only a sample set of one, that might have caught a new variant (they are in the Indian Ocean, nothing in the story regarding onshore interactions). Still, interesting statistics from a "closed system".

https://www.foxnews.com/world/covid-19-infects-about-100-vaccinated-crewmembers-on-royal-navys-hms-queen-elizabeth-report

EDIT: I was way off on crew complement. I thought it would be similar to a US carrier. I just looked it up and it says ~700 with berths for 1600. So much higher percentage of vaccinated infected.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5357 on: July 14, 2021, 09:00:18 AM »
I thought this was interesting. One hundred vaccinated crewmen on a British aircraft carrier caught the covid. I don't know what the crew complement of a British aircraft carrier is - maybe 5000?

It's only a sample set of one, that might have caught a new variant (they are in the Indian Ocean, nothing in the story regarding onshore interactions). Still, interesting statistics from a "closed system".

https://www.foxnews.com/world/covid-19-infects-about-100-vaccinated-crewmembers-on-royal-navys-hms-queen-elizabeth-report

EDIT: I was way off on crew complement. I thought it would be similar to a US carrier. I just looked it up and it says ~700 with berths for 1600. So much higher percentage of vaccinated infected.
They were all anti-vaxxers.  The vaccine only works if you believe in it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5358 on: July 14, 2021, 09:08:45 AM »
It's not polite to point out that
  • masks don't stop the spread of covid-19
  • social distancing doesn't stop the spread of covid-19
  • lockdowns don't stop the spread of covid-19
  • none of the vaccines inoculate you from contracting covid-19
Pondering any of these things might lead to cognitive dissonance and possibly bad think.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5359 on: July 14, 2021, 09:35:44 AM »
  • none of the vaccines inoculate you from contracting covid-19
Pondering any of these things might lead to cognitive dissonance and possibly bad think.

You certainly don't want to mention any of these things via text. You'll soon get a message telling you to report to the closest reeducation office.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5360 on: July 14, 2021, 10:46:14 AM »
    none of the vaccines inoculate you from contracting covid-19

Huh? ???   The MRNA  vaccine is supposed to cause one to grow "protein spikes"  which result in an antigen reaction that allows one to develop antibodies that recognize the covid virus and attack it. 
    The J&J  vaccine is a traditional "dead virus"  vaccine that causes a antigen response,  also causing the body to produce antibodies that kill the ANDROMEDA STRAIN - - - - oooops,  covid19 virus in like manner.

I suppose in either case,  the virus might enter the body .... but either way (unless it's a "breakthrough" case)  the antibodies kill the virus. 

It's how I understood "innoculation" to work.   =| 
      [/list]
      MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zahc

• friend
      « Reply #5361 on: July 15, 2021, 12:55:23 PM »
      The vaccines are tested for preventing serious illness, hospitalization, and death. They aren't really tested for preventing catching the virus or transmitting the virus.

Now the question is, if you don't get sick, why do you really care if you catch the virus? Didn't the vaccine work anyway? The answer/FUD being spread about it is that you could potentially still transmit the virus to somebody else who DOES get sick or die, because they are not vaccinated or can't take the vaccine or the vaccine didn't work for them. Which is why the pandemic pushers are so pushy that everyone needs to get the vaccine as soon as possible to save lives, and why even though we have 3 perfectly good and effective vaccines that everyone has access to, we still need to continue the fear mongering about the "pandemic". The goal posts move... first we just need to crush the curve, then we all need to keep up panic because "cases" are increasing as they mathematically inevitably will, now everyone needs to be vaccinated, and the inoculation scare is that we will still have to keep up pandemic measures even for vaccinated people.

The standard for vaccines has always been a macroeopidemiological standard for keeping diseases in control in a population. Everyone knows that vaccines don't always work at 100% and there are breakthroughs and so on. But by the normal standard that doesn't matter because the vaccine is effective if it controls the disease in the population effectively. But COVID has taken on a boogeyman status, and is being considered extra scary and dangerous even though it's actually quite mild, basically a super-flu (if it were some Ebola strain with 40% death rate that makes you bleed out your eyeballs it would be more understandable). So for COVID, the vaxmongers want to apply the standard based on the rare thought experiment that just in case the vaccine doesn't stop virus spread 100%, and just in case someone somewhere might catch it from a vaccinated person, and just in case that person is one of the 0.5% of people who are strongly effected by COVID, because that might happen we need to keep up pandemic controls, but this doesn't mean that we should stop vaccination, on the contrary we need to coerce everyone to get vaccinated, because vaccines are super effective, except they are not super effective enough, so we all need to still be worried. because OMG ThE CoVId!!! I think I got that right.
      Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
      --Tallpine

Bogie

• friend
      • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
        • Third Rate Pundit
      « Reply #5362 on: July 15, 2021, 01:19:34 PM »
      Just remember - it is an invisible hazard that can be on ANYONE, and when you catch it, you are going to die.

Of course, the person you will catch it from won't even notice it, but that's because of... science.

And you have co-morbidities. Everyone has co-morbidities. So you're gonna die.

Unless you get tested. Testing protects you. Some folks get tested every time they have a chance. It's FREE!

And... I see several distinct urban demographics... The folks who are getting on with things... The hipsters who are wearing masks, sometimes multiple, and who side-eye everyone. They generally at least wear the ineffective things somewhat correctly. Then there are the low-information people. They're wearing a mask. Sort of. It looks kinda nasty. And they have it down around their chin. Maybe. And then... Then there are the people who are wearing masks - sometimes several. N95 with a vent, and  you know they still have four dozen boxes stashed. And they're got gloves on, and they've had gloves on all day long. Usually the same pair. Some of them are using nitrile gloves, some of them are using food-service gloves, and the really interesting group has on work gloves, and often some type of safety glasses, goggles, or an actual helmet.
      Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
      • I'm an Extremist!
      "I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
      « Reply #5364 on: July 15, 2021, 02:58:23 PM »
      I seem to remember a case relating to the government using a private company to do things that the government is prohibited from doing ...

WLJ

• friends
      « Reply #5365 on: July 15, 2021, 03:31:34 PM »
      Well it's a good think we kicked out those fascists.......oh wait.
      - Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
      • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
        • What I believe ...
      « Reply #5366 on: July 15, 2021, 04:35:57 PM »
      Good post zach.
      For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
      « Reply #5367 on: July 15, 2021, 06:21:34 PM »
      Good post zach.
      Agreed.  Good write up.   =D
      “It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
      • friend
      • Bill, slayer of threads.
      « Reply #5368 on: July 15, 2021, 06:30:26 PM »

WLJ

• friends
      « Reply #5369 on: July 15, 2021, 06:43:43 PM »
      Put your masks back on in LA

Los Angeles County will reimpose its indoor mask mandate this weekend regardless of your vaccination status
      https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/15/los-angeles-county-will-reimpose-its-indoor-mask-mandate-this-weekend-regardless-of-your-vaccination-status/
      - Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
      « Reply #5370 on: July 15, 2021, 07:12:32 PM »
      The Biden admin (as per Psaki) is working with facebook to censor covid "disinformation".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/07/15/actual-govt-censorship-jen-psaki-admits-wh-in-touch-with-big-tech-has-been-flagging-problematic-covid-posts-on-facebook/

Party like it's 1984

POLITICOEurope
      @POLITICOEurope
      “Free speech is not an absolute human right,” says Helle Thorning Schmidt, member of Facebook’s Oversight Board and former PM of Denmark. “It has to be balanced with other human rights.”

How does that translate to content moderation? It must strike a balance, find a middle.
      https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/15/member-of-facebooks-oversight-board-assures-us-that-free-speech-is-not-an-absolute-human-right/
      - Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
      « Reply #5371 on: July 15, 2021, 10:03:40 PM »
      Put your masks back on in LA

Los Angeles County will reimpose its indoor mask mandate this weekend regardless of your vaccination status
      https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/15/los-angeles-county-will-reimpose-its-indoor-mask-mandate-this-weekend-regardless-of-your-vaccination-status/

Maybe L.A. is doing this so the good people can't ID the bad people who mug/assault/carjack them.
      “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

dogmush

• friend
      « Reply #5372 on: July 16, 2021, 07:30:58 AM »
      POLITICOEurope
      @POLITICOEurope
      “Free speech is not an absolute human right,” says Helle Thorning Schmidt, member of Facebook’s Oversight Board and former PM of Denmark. “It has to be balanced with other human rights.”

How does that translate to content moderation? It must strike a balance, find a middle.
      https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/15/member-of-facebooks-oversight-board-assures-us-that-free-speech-is-not-an-absolute-human-right/

Interesting take.  Now do voting.

MechAg94

• friend
      « Reply #5373 on: July 16, 2021, 09:12:04 AM »
      People like that are why our ancestors came here.  Too bad many elitists here try to emulate European elitists.

Ben

• Administrator
      • I'm an Extremist!
      « Reply #5374 on: July 16, 2021, 09:32:55 AM »
      People like that are why our ancestors came here.  Too bad many elitists here try to emulate European elitists.

Hard times create strong men,
      Strong men create good times,
      Good times create weak men,
      Weak men create hard times.