Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440288 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #5375 on: July 16, 2021, 11:13:27 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5376 on: July 16, 2021, 12:35:37 PM »
Party like it's 1984
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/15/member-of-facebooks-oversight-board-assures-us-that-free-speech-is-not-an-absolute-human-right/

I still want someone to explain how rights can be rights if they are "balanced" against other rights. Rights have to be, in some sense, absolute, if they're to be rights at all.

We have to go back to "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins," instead of "your right to punch people randomly must be balanced against my right to safety." One of those formulae has bright lines - the other is all subjectivity.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5381 on: July 20, 2021, 01:27:27 PM »
Damn you Delta variant! Get off your ass and infect more people!

Just got back from Costco, where I learned from the receipt checker on the way out that senior hours are being cut back to tue and thu starting next week. At first I was too vain to use them, but now I want them. Get moving on the infections, Delta!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5382 on: July 20, 2021, 01:33:45 PM »
Butbutbutbutbutbut... You can't take away the senior hours! I never used them, but I want them! That's discrimination!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5383 on: July 20, 2021, 01:41:38 PM »
Butbutbutbutbutbut... You can't take away the senior hours! I never used them, but I want them! That's discrimination!

Butbutbut... I've been using them ever since the bioweapon started. Turns out I like being carded for not being old enough.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5384 on: July 20, 2021, 03:03:30 PM »
Damn you Delta variant! Get off your ass and infect more people!

Just got back from Costco, where I learned from the receipt checker on the way out that senior hours are being cut back to tue and thu starting next week. At first I was too vain to use them, but now I want them. Get moving on the infections, Delta!

And the gov is asking people to put their masks back on.

Louisville's top doctor warns that Delta variant now dominant strain of COVID-19 in city
https://www.wdrb.com/news/louisvilles-top-doctor-warns-that-delta-variant-now-dominant-strain-of-covid-19-in-city/article_b4f6b1b2-e96e-11eb-a5d4-272f81631d4f.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5386 on: July 21, 2021, 09:02:02 AM »
Costco opts to continue senior shopping hours
https://www.wdrb.com/news/costco-opts-to-continue-senior-shopping-hours/article_e685c8fa-e9bc-11eb-86dd-5772964c07cf.html

That's what I mentioned in my post. Going to just tue and thu. Which works, but the seniors with the failing memories just have to remember the days.  =D

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5388 on: July 22, 2021, 03:39:59 PM »
Invermectin study being withdrawn from publication after concerns over plagiarism and data integrity:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/93658?xid=nl_medpageexclusive_2021-07-22&eun=g149952d0r&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MPTExclusives_072221&utm_term=NL_Gen_Int_Medpage_Exclusives_Active
Thankfully there are quite a few Ivermectin studies out there.

https://ivmmeta.com/
Ivermectin's effectiveness according to this meta-analysis:
StudiesProphylaxisEarly treatmentLate treatmentPatientsAuthors
All studies6085% [75-92%]74% [57-84%]43% [26-56%]21,838574
With exclusions5088% [75-94%]76% [66-83%]50% [28-65%]17,437513
Peer-reviewed3988% [70-95%]75% [59-84%]43% [21-59%]11,593408
Randomized Controlled Trials3084% [25-96%]67% [54-76%]30% [2-50%]5,206358
Mortality results2396% [41-100%]64% [15-85%]59% [35-74%]10,797236
Elgazzar was one of the exclusions mentioned in "With exclusions" if that helps.

Remdesivir price per dose: $552.38
Remdesivir improvement (all studies, all application stages combined): 22%
Ivermectin price per dose: $3.95
Ivermectin improvement (all studies, all application stages combined): 70%

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5389 on: July 22, 2021, 04:36:25 PM »
Less than 1% of the cost and more than triple the effectiveness.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5390 on: July 22, 2021, 10:20:42 PM »

How many seniors want to even get out of bed that early ?!?  :facepalm: :rofl:  :old:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 11:13:17 PM by JTHunter »
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5391 on: July 23, 2021, 12:06:48 AM »
Less than 1% of the cost and more than triple the effectiveness.
I’m sure money has nothing to do with a new, less effective, more risky drug like Remdesivir being an acceptable treatment and an off-patent, apparently moderately effective, very low risk drug like Ivermectin being labeled at every opportunity as a terrible idea.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5392 on: July 23, 2021, 09:18:07 AM »
^^^Big Pharma has to earn money to pay their lobbyists, somehow.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5393 on: July 23, 2021, 05:24:57 PM »
Here's what the new PM in Israel is looking at doing for the Delta variant:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/23/israel-announces-major-restrictions-on-the-unvaccinated-over-the-delta-variant/

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Biden admin copy it.

Again, had I not had the bioweapon, it's highly likely  that I would have taken the vaccine. Given present research, I'm still sticking with my natural immunity, which again, is never addressed in these immunization schemes. I would have no problem ignoring Israeli-like restrictions regarding not having a vaccine passport. My area might go to masks if push came to shove, but they would never require documentation, and I don't visit most of the places they are talking about anyway. As long as I can get into a grocery store, I'm good. Not sure what I would do if I lived someplace like NYC, where I could potentially be banned from buying food if Israeli style restrictions were enacted.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5394 on: July 23, 2021, 05:34:49 PM »
Wal Mart supercenter next town over has closed down due to a Covid outbreak. They plan to be closed through the weekend. None of the local walmart stores closed down during the peak of the dempanic in 2020.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5395 on: July 23, 2021, 05:49:28 PM »
Gov is hinting at masks again.
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5396 on: July 24, 2021, 10:44:53 PM »
Gov is hinting at masks again.

They aren't "hinting" any more.  Look at what they have done in L.A. and this coming Monday in St. Louis.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5397 on: July 24, 2021, 10:46:26 PM »
They aren't "hinting" any more.  Look at what they have done in L.A. and this coming Monday in St. Louis.

Sorry meant gov as in governor. Ky gov. I call him governor Karen.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5398 on: July 25, 2021, 02:38:41 PM »
Thursday I went out for a smoke at my office. They were setting up the big tables with masks, wipes, and sanitizer again.

I suspect very soon we'll have another corporate mask mandate.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5399 on: July 26, 2021, 12:34:06 AM »
Maybe I should try "I'm too scared of the covid to come to work."

It seemed to work out pretty well for some former employees, who are still on welfare, and working cash jobs...
Blog under construction