Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440439 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6025 on: September 16, 2021, 12:51:04 PM »
Do you think that maybe there was someone on that plane who was worried about catching asthmas? What about their feelings?
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6026 on: September 16, 2021, 04:48:40 PM »
You're fired

Some Louisville healthcare workers receive letters of termination, lose jobs for not getting vaccinated
https://www.wave3.com/2021/09/16/some-louisville-healthcare-workers-receive-letters-termination-lose-jobs-not-getting-vaccinated/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6027 on: September 16, 2021, 06:07:46 PM »
Italy has now started covid passports for all workers.

The Italian government on Thursday approved among the strictest COVID-19 rules in the world by mandating that all private and public sector employees get the vaccine and show proof of vaccination, a negative test, or a recent recovery from infection, officials said.

[Ben continues to harp on it] Notice they include natural immunity.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/covid-19-vaccine-passport-mandatory-in-italy-for-all-private-sector-workers-officials_4000803.html

Meanwhile in the US we have coronabro:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/09/16/this-is-peak-coronabro-man-harasses-woman-at-target-without-a-mask-says-shes-a-bad-american/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6028 on: September 17, 2021, 02:06:03 PM »
Spanish meta data study of Ivermectin.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2452318621000350?via%3Dihub

Results
The reviewed literature suggests that there seems to be sufficient evidence about the safety of oral ivermectin, as well as the efficacy of the drug in the early-treatment and the prophylaxis of COVID-19.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6029 on: September 17, 2021, 04:27:54 PM »
125 employees of Indiana's largest hospital system leave over vaccine mandate
https://www.wlky.com/article/125-employees-of-indianas-largest-hospital-system-leave-over-vaccine-mandate/37638214

Indiana University Health said more than 300 were suspended for two weeks, unpaid, to either get the vaccine or risk termination. That period that ended Tuesday, Sept. 14, and IU Health said 125 people left the system.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6030 on: September 17, 2021, 04:29:54 PM »
My apologies if this has already been posted:

https://eugyppius.substack.com/p/covid-is-a-social-construct
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6031 on: September 17, 2021, 05:04:15 PM »
Is this the thread where we've talked about PPE being unavailable for welders, mechanics, farmers, etc?  I went to Harbor Freight today and they had NIOSH N-95 respirator masks (first time in a long time that I've seen NIOSH masks for sale)  They are 2 for $3. 

They have the double elastic headbands instead of earloops.  I bought a package but haven't opened them yet.  Just a quick look through the package, they don't seem to be constructed as well as their same-price KN-95s (those have really good nose bridges and the elastic ear loops have 2 welds at each end instead of just one to keep them from breaking loose), but I need to examine them.  I think the brand was Western Safety  ;/
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6032 on: September 17, 2021, 05:52:05 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6033 on: September 17, 2021, 08:03:51 PM »
All the people who were on the cruise ships when only some folks caught it just haven't died of it yet. Sigh.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6034 on: September 17, 2021, 08:57:55 PM »
Idaho health care systems are now "pausing" their employee vaccine mandates (get the vaccine or get fired) because they're running out of employees.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/coronavirus/article254327768.html?ac_cid=DM533127&ac_bid=1801644661
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6035 on: September 17, 2021, 10:03:32 PM »
My wife has now had a second fifth grader test positive in her classroom and all 25 students are her are considered exposed.  Just for her peace of mind, we are going to the walk in clinic tomorrow morning so she can get tested.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6036 on: September 17, 2021, 11:39:58 PM »
Looking at local statistics, it is looking like this time last summer.

Only the vaccine is... not really doing a helluva lot.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6037 on: September 18, 2021, 08:16:31 AM »
A positive article on natural immunity from the Washington Post, no less. Almost all the reader comments attacked the article, which to me, really showed how politics trumps science in the US compared to other countries.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/09/15/natural-immunity-vaccine-mandate/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6038 on: September 18, 2021, 10:40:30 AM »
Oh, also reading through comments to the above article, I was surprised to learn that there was no such thing as natural immunity. And more than one crackpot said that.

I guess it takes at least three - not two - brain cells to put together that without natural immunity, there would be no humans on the planet.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6039 on: September 18, 2021, 02:12:00 PM »
A good friend of mine has it now. He, like me, could use to lose 100+ pounds and is a type II diabetic. He's doing better than he was but even talking on the phone wears him down. Ok, maybe I'm starting to get a little more afraid of this crud now...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6040 on: September 18, 2021, 03:04:38 PM »
A positive article on natural immunity from the Washington Post, no less. Almost all the reader comments attacked the article, which to me, really showed how politics trumps science in the US compared to other countries.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/09/15/natural-immunity-vaccine-mandate/

Some Republican governors have picked up on public frustration over how the scientific guidance is inconsistent with the data, with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis accusing the Biden administration of “not following science” by crafting its vaccine mandate without taking into consideration “infection-conferred immunity.”

Republicans POUNCE!!

Public health officials changing their position on natural immunity, after so much hostility toward the idea, would go a long way in rebuilding the public trust.

Too late.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6042 on: September 19, 2021, 02:13:17 PM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/09/19/1038369557/ivermectin-anti-vaccine-movement-culture-wars?utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&fbclid=IwAR1QIixZqYkMqMErphNlDD_8T1yiYfksCEjiPzXj4mjRt1bY96PpOPxjwU4

I will be interested to read the results of the current large-scale studies being done.

No mention of the states in India where Ivermectin pretty much shut down the emergency where it was adopted. Of course that information wasn't peer reviewed so it doesn't really exist.

The article was written by liars as they perpetrate the overdose lies.

PBS is not your friend.

I have no idea if Ivermectin is useful or not, but considering the leftist jihad against its use I think the chances of its effectiveness are better than even.

There has been very little official prophylactic treatment or early treatment of Covid by our medical industry, "Go home and come back when you can't breath".

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6043 on: September 19, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »
A nursing home just south of me had its head doc prescribe prophylactic HCQ... I don't know if they lost anyone, but the article I read said that they didn't really have much of a problem.
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6044 on: September 20, 2021, 11:02:45 AM »
Article about the FDA advisory committees live broadcast on the vaccine and boosters.

https://theexpose.uk/2021/09/18/fda-experts-reveal-the-covid-19-vaccines-are-killing-2-people-for-every-1-life-saved/

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #6045 on: September 20, 2021, 11:28:02 AM »
This article has been pretty visible on twitter lately.
leftists are deliberately looking to manipulate Trump supporters into not getting vaccinated.

They’re all vaccinated, and we’re not! And when you look at the numbers, the only numbers that matter, which is who’s dying, it’s overwhelmingly the unvaccinated who are dying, and they have just manipulated millions of their political enemies into the unvaccinated camp.
But wait! What if this article is double-secret-reverse-psychology?  [tinfoil] 
=D
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6046 on: September 20, 2021, 11:55:44 AM »
My head hurts
Either it's all the BS or............. I have COVID! OMG! I'm GOING TO DIE!

Probably all the BS
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6047 on: September 20, 2021, 12:13:45 PM »
This article has been pretty visible on twitter lately.But wait! What if this article is double-secret-reverse-psychology?  [tinfoil] 
=D

Nobody I know who is unvaccinated is doing it to spite the left.

They have concerns about taking a gene therapy treatment that hasn't gone through long term trials.
They have concerns about it not lasting very long and needing boosters indefinitely.
They have concerns about ADE (Antibody-dependent Enhancement).
They have concerns about the vaccine not keeping you from contracting or spreading Covid-19.
They have concerns about the historically unprecedented levels of adverse reactions being reported.
They have concerns about why the establishment is ignoring natural immunity of those who already have had Covid, unlike so many other nations on earth.

There are plenty of folks who chafe at the tyrannical and anti-liberty aspects, having some of the above concerns as well as others as well.

Many folks no longer trust the medical institutions or the government based upon their observations and experiences over the years.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6048 on: September 20, 2021, 01:59:00 PM »
So the interesting (to me anyways) is that entire list of concerns is mostly talking points.  There's no real info there, and the people that I know with those concerns don't have data to back them up. They are just nebulous "concerns". 

For example, let's look at "They have concerns about the historically unprecedented levels of adverse reactions being reported.”

The average rate of Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI) is roughly 550 per 100k. (NIH 2015 numbers.  COVID 19 AEFI is about 60 per 100k ( 59.3 from the 21 million dose study out of Ontario that I pulled, but there are plenty of others)

So why do people think there are unprecedented numbers of Adverse Reactions being reported? Because they are demonstrably not being reported.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of mandates ( resigned to maybe, but not in favor of) but I am curious about the phenomenon that makes so many people believe things that are obviously untrue.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6049 on: September 20, 2021, 02:04:04 PM »
Additionally, my new question to anyone that uses the term "gene therapy" in relation to this vaccine is explain to me exactly what about this use of mRNA concerns you. What do you think is, or will happen to your genes?

I am not a geneticist but I have a good layman's understanding of this, and this vaccine doesn't interact with your genes or DNA at all. So what's the concern? I would genuinely like new information that might change my mind, but so far no one has been able to provide any.