Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440440 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6375 on: December 03, 2021, 03:00:35 PM »
It is incomplete, just something reported early on.  There are more adverse reactions not considered serious as well.  I presume more data will be forthcoming as they are forced to release more of the documentation.  Honestly, all this should already be public information.  The companies are shielded from liability.  The price of that should be 100% transparency.

But then they'd lose the moral high ground they are claiming in trying to force every person on the face of the planet to be "fully vaccinated" -- a definition that's changing on a regular basis. Some countries now don't consider anyone to be fully vaccinated unless they've had a recent booster shot. The UK is now pushing for (or requiring -- don't remember which) booster shots every THREE MONTHS.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6376 on: December 03, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »
But then they'd lose the moral high ground they are claiming in trying to force every person on the face of the planet to be "fully vaccinated" -- a definition that's changing on a regular basis. Some countries now don't consider anyone to be fully vaccinated unless they've had a recent booster shot. The UK is now pushing for (or requiring -- don't remember which) booster shots every THREE MONTHS.

No, they aren't.  You might want to reread that article.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/29/uk/uk-booster-vaccine-expansion-omicron-gbr-intl/index.html

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-booster-vaccine/

Jim147

• friends
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6378 on: December 03, 2021, 08:51:35 PM »
What kind of autoimmune reactions are people seeing?
Blog under construction

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #6379 on: December 04, 2021, 10:40:58 PM »

Naturally !!
You have to keep getting your "fix", don't you?
   :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6380 on: December 05, 2021, 07:42:40 AM »
What kind of autoimmune reactions are people seeing?

The vax causes both of my middle fingers to stiffen.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6381 on: December 05, 2021, 08:24:21 AM »
Oregon is looking at a "permanent" (which they also call "indefinite") mask mandate.

I'd be interested in hearing what our members in Western OR are seeing. There is very little compliance in places in Eastern OR that I frequent. Certainly not a single retail establishment, including stores from major chains, which usually fold to this stuff, has signs out, let alone employees telling people to wear masks. Mostly I go to Ontario, OR, which is likely the largest and (because of the pot shops) the most liberal Eastern OR city (unless the Bend area is considered Eastern OR).

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-health-authority-moves-to-implement-permanent-indoor-mask-mandate
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6382 on: December 05, 2021, 01:00:10 PM »
A new paper with an interesting supposition: The Omicron mutation may have happened in someone who had both SARS covid and HCOV - a common cold - at the same time. It picked up genetic material from the cold virus, allowing it to propagate better, albeit it with milder cold-like symptoms.

The story seems to further suggest it might have happened in an individual who was HIV positive, as South Africa has the largest number of HIV positive people in the world.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-variant-may-have-picked-up-piece-common-cold-virus-2021-12-03/

https://osf.io/f7txy/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6383 on: December 05, 2021, 07:00:21 PM »
I went shopping at a real store, instead of my normal Aldi tonight. I could get some half'n'half...

Damn thing was full of covid dancers, took forever to get some pepperoni (only available was in the deli), and then had to check myself out. With a bottle of bourbon.

"Hi there! Santa needs your okay! He says you've been a good girl!"

Yeah. People looked.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6384 on: December 05, 2021, 11:44:54 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6385 on: December 08, 2021, 07:51:41 AM »
The UK is looking to implement new restrictions due to Omicron.

I may have missed it, but every reputable article I have read on Omicron has emphasized how mild it is. It appears to be less worrisome than any flu, or even colds, yet many countries are treating it like the Alpha version. Most people in the world are going to end up getting covid. Of all the mutations out there, this seems to be a mild one that also (according to a couple of papers I read) will also give you effective natural antibodies to fight more dangerous mutations.

https://www.ft.com/content/bd0a637e-3e2b-4637-9548-d9eac1e20838

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6386 on: December 08, 2021, 09:06:18 AM »
On post-covid Parosmia:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/long-covid-cases-bad-smells-tastes

The mention of the one girl and the shower was interesting to me, as shower water smells weird to me too. I didn't know more people had that symptom. In my case, it smells kinda H2S-like or Sulphur-like. Also though I can smell bacon again, it smells slightly different, as if there is a chemical-like back odor to it. Which goes for a few of both my phantom smells and "different" smells for stuff I smelled normally before. Everything that still doesn't smell right to me has some chemical secondary odor ranging from very slight to moderate.

Missed this article until just this morning. Four months out and I still have smell distortion. Mine is mostly a chemical smell now. Initially I was experiencing sewer gas smells also. Like a trap under a sink was dry.

Walking into a new room and especially pump hand soaps trigger my anosmia. The chemical smell is even detectible on my hands for awhile after washing. Walking into a new space will usually trigger a faint reaction. Food rarely triggers unusual odors when it's in front of me. Cooking going on while I'm in another room will trigger it though. I still don't have 100% normality in taste, pretty close though, I can enjoy food again.

There are a handful of other long covid symptoms I'm experiencing as well. Generally they manifest themselves if I push too hard on the physical exercise. 

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6387 on: December 08, 2021, 09:26:15 AM »
Missed this article until just this morning. Four months out and I still have smell distortion. Mine is mostly a chemical smell now. Initially I was experiencing sewer gas smells also. Like a trap under a sink was dry.

That chemical smell that so many of us end up with is very interesting to me. I guess I would have thought distortions would be more "natural" smells.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6388 on: December 08, 2021, 09:45:28 AM »

Walking into a new room and especially pump hand soaps trigger my anosmia. The chemical smell is even detectible on my hands for awhile after washing. Walking into a new space will usually trigger a faint reaction. Food rarely triggers unusual odors when it's in front of me. Cooking going on while I'm in another room will trigger it though. I still don't have 100% normality in taste, pretty close though, I can enjoy food again.

There are a handful of other long covid symptoms I'm experiencing as well. Generally they manifest themselves if I push too hard on the physical exercise.
You mention hand soaps, does it do it with other soaps like Lava?  Just wondering if it is the added perfumes and stuff put in hand soaps that trigger it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6389 on: December 08, 2021, 10:20:49 AM »
You mention hand soaps, does it do it with other soaps like Lava?  Just wondering if it is the added perfumes and stuff put in hand soaps that trigger it.

Only pump hand soaps. Dish soap or bar soap I haven't noticed anything. Though I do use unscented Dove with no perfumes so I cannot speak to all bar soaps.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6390 on: December 08, 2021, 06:17:14 PM »
I have heard the supposition that some of the smell distortion comes from certain detectors coming back online before others. This causes you to smell only the component of the full smell which is supported by those detectors. This isolation of certain single component smells you have learned to associate with chemicals instead of natural things which tend to be a combination of chemicals.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 07:02:44 PM by cordex »

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6391 on: December 08, 2021, 06:46:04 PM »
My store is down to under a dozen gallons of diesel oil... And the Mobil One stuff is pretty sparse.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6392 on: December 08, 2021, 08:45:52 PM »
A little  humor....

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6393 on: December 09, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »
The FDA now wants 75 years to release the data on how it approved a drug in 108 days.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6394 on: December 09, 2021, 02:01:54 PM »
The FDA now wants 75 years to release the data on how it approved a drug in 108 days.

Bro just trust the science bro nothing at all suspicious to see here bro we are the only ones professional enough to approve vaccines with widespread and serious side effects just trust us
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:01:40 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6395 on: December 09, 2021, 03:07:47 PM »
Didn't the judge make them release 500 pages a month?  It will still take that long for all of it to be released, but now they can piecemeal it out.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6396 on: December 09, 2021, 03:42:53 PM »
The FDA should release all of the data at once.  They are free from prosecution and even if the data shows the vaccines are dangerous, the FDA can blame Trump since he was the president at the time.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6397 on: December 09, 2021, 05:35:02 PM »
If the government wants to hold back the design for their death ray for 75 years, I get classified stuff. Holding back ANYTHING about stuff they are telling people to put in their bodies is criminal. That should all be available to everyone, immediately.

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #6398 on: December 10, 2021, 12:40:24 PM »
If the government wants to hold back the design for their death ray for 75 years, I get classified stuff. Holding back ANYTHING about stuff they are telling people to put in their bodies is criminal. That should all be available to everyone, immediately.

This forum needs a 'Like' button...
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6399 on: December 10, 2021, 12:59:11 PM »
But if you question ANYTHING, you are an uneducated bumpkin denier.

I guess I'm one, who spent over a decade poring over research data, looking for mistakes...
Blog under construction