Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440195 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #7025 on: October 23, 2022, 08:29:18 PM »
The folks in my quack's office were making a big deal over the virtue masks...

"Have y'all ever seen a 4x size moon suit before? With an umbilical, not self-contained?"

"Uh... No..."

"I have."
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7026 on: October 25, 2022, 10:16:26 AM »
I think this article is correct about Trump's response to Covid, and what it did to his presidency, and to the country.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2022/10/25/flashback-georgias-experience-in-human-sacrifice-n505490
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7027 on: October 25, 2022, 12:06:30 PM »
Trump assumed, poorly, that the CDC had the "best and the brightest" minds regarding the bug.

The swamp creatures did what swamp creatures always do, and tried to grab even more power.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7028 on: October 25, 2022, 02:12:54 PM »
 [popcorn]

NY State Supreme Court reinstates all fired unvaccinated employees, orders backpay, says the state violated rights, acted arbitrary & capricious, notes:“Being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting Covid-19.”

BIG –> NY State Supreme Court reinstates all fired unvaccinated employees, orders backpay, says state (ahem, Dems) violated rights
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/10/25/big-ny-state-supreme-court-reinstates-all-fired-unvaccinated-employees-orders-backpay-says-state-ahem-dems-violated-rights/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7029 on: October 25, 2022, 08:14:48 PM »
[popcorn]

BIG –> NY State Supreme Court reinstates all fired unvaccinated employees, orders backpay, says state (ahem, Dems) violated rights
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/10/25/big-ny-state-supreme-court-reinstates-all-fired-unvaccinated-employees-orders-backpay-says-state-ahem-dems-violated-rights/
I was wondering if stuff like that would start happening.  I didn't expect the Biden Admin to do anything, but this is different. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7030 on: October 26, 2022, 10:07:04 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7031 on: October 26, 2022, 10:10:55 AM »
Well this should get interesting
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7032 on: October 26, 2022, 12:21:41 PM »
They made their ruling, now let's see them enforce it.

The principals actors making the calls to ignore it face no negative consequences and their lawyer friends stand to make serious money on the taxpayers dime defending the action.
Why the hell should they worry?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7033 on: October 26, 2022, 05:19:51 PM »
They made their ruling, now let's see them enforce it.

The principals actors making the calls to ignore it face no negative consequences and their lawyer friends stand to make serious money on the taxpayers dime defending the action.
Why the hell should they worry?

Laws are for Trump supporters.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7034 on: October 28, 2022, 01:57:45 PM »
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2797483

Key Points

Question  Does ivermectin, 400 μg/kg, daily for 3 days, compared with placebo, shorten symptom duration among adult (≥30 years) outpatients in the US with symptomatic mild to moderate COVID-19?

Findings  In this double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled platform trial conducted in the US during a period of Delta and Omicron variant predominance, and that included 1591 adult outpatients with COVID-19, the posterior probability of improvement in time to recovery in those treated with ivermectin vs placebo had a hazard ratio of 1.07, with a posterior probability of benefit of .91. This did not meet the prespecified threshold of posterior probability greater than .95.

Meaning  These findings do not support the use of ivermectin in outpatients with mild to moderate COVID-19.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7035 on: October 28, 2022, 02:43:53 PM »
What gets me is that they keep trying to treat it like an antiviral, in already presented cases (where the symptoms actually are enough to show). Has anyone actually done a monitored prophylaxis study? Which is how some of  the early claims about the "drugs we can't talk about on facebook" came about.
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7036 on: October 28, 2022, 04:35:53 PM »
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2797483

Key Points

Question  Does ivermectin, 400 μg/kg, daily for 3 days, compared with placebo, shorten symptom duration among adult (≥30 years) outpatients in the US with symptomatic mild to moderate COVID-19?

Findings  In this double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled platform trial conducted in the US during a period of Delta and Omicron variant predominance, and that included 1591 adult outpatients with COVID-19, the posterior probability of improvement in time to recovery in those treated with ivermectin vs placebo had a hazard ratio of 1.07, with a posterior probability of benefit of .91. This did not meet the prespecified threshold of posterior probability greater than .95.

Meaning  These findings do not support the use of ivermectin in outpatients with mild to moderate COVID-19.

Seems like a pretty small dose of ivermectin.  That works out to about 33 milligrams once a day for three days for a 180 pound person.
Looking at typical dosages for other human usage, 33 mg is in the ballpark.  Not sure what to think about the study.  I'd wonder what dosages over what time periods the medical proponents of ivermectin were using when they were claiming to see positive results on Covid.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7037 on: November 06, 2022, 03:08:44 PM »
JP hit the nail on the head again.

https://youtu.be/nYhq-N06ub0

*expletive deleted*ck these aholes. Covid hysteria and this new "amnesty" are the perfect example of the one side having the volume knob that we're all supposed to just accept, and our side having the switch (that we're really close to switching).

JP is probably right with "Forgive but don't forget", but it's really hard for me to forgive, considering these people wanted me dead.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7038 on: November 06, 2022, 05:48:45 PM »
"but it's really hard for me to forgive, considering these people wanted me dead."

Dude, you're the main contestant in the APS Dead Pool!

My entry is "Steve goes feral and eats you from the toes up."

Someone else has "While telling uninvited hunters to get offa his lawn, he waves his fist too hard, hits himself in the head, and develops a subdural hematoma."

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7039 on: November 06, 2022, 07:27:40 PM »
The great thing about the amnesty talk is that it means they can no longer hide the truth.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7040 on: November 14, 2022, 02:10:34 PM »
Myocarditis after Covid vaccination: Research on possible long-term risks underway
https://archive.ph/ZZo9K

Now, the first research in the U.S. is underway, tracking adverse health effects — if any — that may appear in the years following a diagnosis of vaccine-associated heart problems. Moderna has already launched two trials, the most recent in September. Pfizer confirmed that at least one of its trials, which will include up to 500 teens and young adults under age 21, is slated to begin in the next couple of months.

I would prefer to see the problems and total vaccine doses broken down by age group rather than comparing everything to total vaccines administered. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7041 on: November 14, 2022, 05:03:15 PM »
Myocarditis after Covid vaccination: Research on possible long-term risks underway
https://archive.ph/ZZo9K

I would prefer to see the problems and total vaccine doses broken down by age group rather than comparing everything to total vaccines administered.

These deplorable attacks on the Science must end.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7042 on: November 17, 2022, 05:35:09 PM »
Things would be have been much better if we have had...well....

REP. JACKSON LEE: "Reparations for African-Americans could have cut COVID-19 transmission and infection rates both among blacks and the population at large." pic.twitter.com/GpgKBr2AHf

— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) November 17, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/11/17/rep-sheila-jackson-lee-cites-study-that-reparations-could-have-cut-covid-transmission/
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7045 on: November 20, 2022, 09:59:24 PM »
DIED SUDDENLY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4zW1rhWG1s

video about  possible effects of CV1984 jabs and boosters - great trailer except for 2:03 to 2:05 - if you're squeamish /skip
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7046 on: November 21, 2022, 01:28:10 AM »
My VA Head nurse for my Doc recommended I get no more Covid shots. I have the J&J + the J&J booster and intend to get no more. REAL vaccines, like flu and pneumonia, sure, just got both the 16th.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #7047 on: November 21, 2022, 01:42:38 AM »

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7048 on: November 21, 2022, 02:13:41 AM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7049 on: November 21, 2022, 08:03:28 AM »
Given that a very dear friend died from an "autoimmune reaction" a year ago after getting the booster that she THOUGHT would let her finally get out of her house for the holidays...

She was mostly healthy, but watched too much television, and that was exacerbated during the lockdown...
Blog under construction