Armed Polite Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

R.I.P. Scout26

Author Topic: LA, Ventura, attempts to close gun stores during pandemic ruled unconstitutional  (Read 86 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical

This is good to see, especially out of the 9th circuit, but it was only a 3-judge panel, not the full court.

Interesting how bike shops were ruled to be essential businesses under the closure orders, but gun shops weren't.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/los-angeles-county-9th-circuit-ruling-pandemic-gun-store-closures-unconstitutional

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.

YES!

Maybe this one will make it to SCOTUS and they can have a clean ruling on 2A constitutionality in the context of personal rights.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing

Reason.com posted that the lead judge on the panel issued his own sarcastic "alternate" dissent explaining why the full 9-member panel will overrule their decision after the inevitable appeal.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical

I have no doubt that the full court will overturn the decision, but this is one that I really hope goes up to Dianah and the Supremes.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.