Author Topic: Biden showing more symptoms . . .  (Read 119984 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Biden showing more symptoms . . .
« Reply #625 on: October 07, 2021, 09:50:34 AM »
There are on-camera teleprompters that are unobtrusive and that are not visible in a video shot.  Joe could use one of those easily enough.  There is some other reason for the fake set other than being able to use a teleprompter.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #626 on: October 07, 2021, 09:53:37 AM »
It's probably unnecessary and wasteful but it doesn't seem like they're really trying to fool anyone.

It's a big fancy set for video / hybrid meetings. It's going to work better for video production than any room in the white house because its built for that.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/the-white-house-theater-you-never-knew-existed
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #627 on: October 07, 2021, 10:16:00 AM »
The Washington Post thought the completely made-up scandal deserved not one, but two headlines. “Trump’s video prompts green screen speculation, online skepticism,” the Post blared. “People speculate that Trump used a green screen for this Twitter video,” it reported a day later.

The controversy, which was quickly debunked and backtracked, was used to stir concerns about the president’s health as he recovered from COVID-19. But you won’t see the same concern from corporate outlets about 78-year-old Biden’s health, despite his numerous physical and mental tumbles.

Why is the Biden White House using a fake Oval Office? Who knows. You probably won’t hear much about it, because it probably isn’t newsworthy and probably isn’t a scandal.

But Biden’s fake set actually exists, which already makes it newsier, and more scandalous, than the Trump greenscreen that wasn’t.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/07/bidens-fake-oval-office-is-the-scandal-media-invented-about-trump/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #628 on: October 07, 2021, 11:44:57 AM »
I'm reminded of the Star Trek Original Series episode, Patterns of Force.

A Star Fleet captain creates a Nazi society on a foreign planet, trying to be efficient and benevolent.  However, you can't contain the evil, and he becomes a drugged puppet leader.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #629 on: October 07, 2021, 07:46:04 PM »

A Star Fleet captain creates a Nazi society on a foreign planet, trying to be efficient and benevolent.  However, you can't contain the evil, and he becomes a drugged puppet leader.

:rofl: Good analogy.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #630 on: October 10, 2021, 03:57:00 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #631 on: October 10, 2021, 04:07:18 PM »
I really thought we'd see Harris as POTUS by now.

Is she so bad that no one wants to deal with her as president?

So bad that making a go of it with this sponge-brained invalid is the better option?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #632 on: October 10, 2021, 04:47:14 PM »

So bad that making a go of it with this sponge-brained invalid is the better option?

Yes she is that bad.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #633 on: October 10, 2021, 07:16:11 PM »

I'm sure it's been brought up before, but I'm thinking more along the lines of Weekend at Bernie's.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #634 on: October 11, 2021, 03:22:26 AM »

Then again, why waste the scapegoatpuppet when you can keep doing insane stuff in his name?  Stretch that opportunity out until a better opportunity is available or he dies.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #635 on: October 31, 2021, 08:51:23 PM »
And the MSM called Trump an embarrassment

President Biden uses a ‘makes the trains run on time’ reference while in Rome, Italy
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/10/31/president-biden-uses-a-makes-the-trains-run-on-time-reference-while-in-rome-italy/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #636 on: October 31, 2021, 10:26:52 PM »
When my wife and I were in Italy we ran into quite a few people - way more than I would have expected - who were pro-Mussolini. Biden’s remark probably went over pretty well.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #637 on: October 31, 2021, 11:18:17 PM »
When my wife and I were in Italy we ran into quite a few people - way more than I would have expected - who were pro-Mussolini. Biden’s remark probably went over pretty well.

But not on this side of the pond
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #638 on: November 01, 2021, 06:34:43 AM »
And the MSM called Trump an embarrassment

President Biden uses a ‘makes the trains run on time’ reference while in Rome, Italy
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/10/31/president-biden-uses-a-makes-the-trains-run-on-time-reference-while-in-rome-italy/

Unsubstantiated rumor out of Rome:  The Biden/Pope meeting went way over time because Biden crapped his pants and needed to be cleaned up.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #639 on: November 01, 2021, 06:39:22 AM »
Unsubstantiated rumor out of Rome:  The Biden/Pope meeting went way over time because Biden crapped his pants and needed to be cleaned up.

Would it surprise you to be true?

Do you remember when the left said that Donald Trump was too old to be a trustworthy president? Pepperidge Farm remembers! A pants shitting Alzheimer’s patient is so much better though.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #640 on: November 02, 2021, 02:39:34 PM »

Okay, who had "Biden shits his pants at the Vatican" in the October pool?

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #641 on: November 02, 2021, 02:50:05 PM »

I had a Russian tour guide who quite vocally wished for the good old days. Mostly because she had to pay for college for her crotchfruit now.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #642 on: November 03, 2021, 07:22:15 PM »
So where are we with the President Poopy Pants story? Unverifiable rumor, or baseless fake news?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JN01

• friend
« Reply #643 on: November 03, 2021, 07:26:19 PM »
Depends.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #644 on: November 04, 2021, 09:33:22 AM »
So where are we with the President Poopy Pants story? Unverifiable rumor, or baseless fake news?

The only sources I've seen are right-wing, tinfoil hat-wearing, "news" sites.  I haven't seen/read anything from a legitimate news source.  Not even Fox.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #645 on: November 04, 2021, 10:07:14 AM »
From what I've been able to find, it's a rumor from one unreliable source, (can't remember who) and it was such a good meme everybody ran with it.  Same thing happened to Trump but his didn't catch on like this.

It still might be true, but I kinda doubt it.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #646 on: November 04, 2021, 10:18:10 AM »
"nd it was such a good meme everybody ran with it. "

Don't you mean that everybody had the runs with it?

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #647 on: November 04, 2021, 11:03:49 AM »
The only sources I've seen are right-wing, tinfoil hat-wearing, "news" sites.  I haven't seen/read anything from a legitimate news source.  Not even Fox.

More trustworthy than the Steele Dossier.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #648 on: November 04, 2021, 11:16:06 AM »
Incontinence is common with dementia patients, so it is certainly possible that Brandon had "an accident".  Confirming it one way or the other is likely not going to happen.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #649 on: November 04, 2021, 11:20:41 AM »
This story stinks
- Calvin and Hobbes