Author Topic: Biden showing more symptoms . . .  (Read 118668 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: Biden showing more symptoms . . .
« Reply #800 on: May 23, 2022, 08:09:59 PM »
The White House is having to cover for another Biden gaffe.  This one is pretty damn serious, having wide ranging foreign policy ramifications.  He said in a speech while touring Asia that the US would intervein militarily to protect Taiwan.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-troops-defend-taiwan-china-invades-biden

Maybe we luck out and get retard deterrence.  Could be he's so gone the Chicoms can't count on him to stay bought...
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #802 on: May 23, 2022, 09:33:33 PM »
Maybe we luck out and get retard deterrence.  Could be he's so gone the Chicoms can't count on him to stay bought...
Some people think deliberately making the enemy think your leader is irrational is a deterrent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_theory
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #804 on: May 25, 2022, 09:11:21 PM »
Wow. Biden is not the only one showing symptoms:

I don't completely agree with Musk's quote as a generalization of "everybody", but I have to concede that a lot of people in fact likely voted for "less drama".

https://www.foxnews.com/media/elon-musk-triggers-liberals-tweet-bidens-mistake-proof-being-rich-doesnt-make-you-smart

It was clearly a sib-strategy to create an atmosphere of alarm by simply howler monkeying constantly so that people assume there is a major problem and also vote to make it stop. That's what the 24/7 anti-trump fest was about. Now it's kinda the opposite of trying not to highlight the constant facepalms of the current administration
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #806 on: May 31, 2022, 10:02:41 AM »
No narrative-building here:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-white-house-adrift-rcna30121

Beyond policy, Biden is unhappy about a pattern that has developed inside the West Wing. He makes a clear and succinct statement — only to have aides rush to explain that he actually meant something else. The so-called clean-up campaign, he has told advisers, undermines him and smothers the authenticity that fueled his rise. Worse, it feeds a Republican talking point that he’s not fully in command.

There are still some 30% of Americans believing this stuff, so I guess it works.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #807 on: May 31, 2022, 10:09:01 AM »
No narrative-building here:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-white-house-adrift-rcna30121

There are still some 30% of Americans believing this stuff, so I guess it works.

Probably ~the same % of Germans in April 1945 who still thought Hitler was the greatest thing since sliced bread
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #808 on: May 31, 2022, 10:11:28 AM »
Does anyone believe this evil old fool is calling the shots on anything?   ???

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #809 on: May 31, 2022, 10:16:23 AM »
He makes a clear and succinct statement

I mean, come on, man! Buncha tortoise riding donkey soldiers!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #810 on: May 31, 2022, 11:22:36 AM »
From Perd's post:

The so-called clean-up campaign, he has told advisers, undermines him and smothers the authenticity that fueled his rise. Worse, it feeds a Republican talking point that he’s not fully in command.

I think that part's actually pretty accurate, and, ironically, one of the clearest and most concise statements he's made in a while.  Staffers running around behind him claiming "That's not really what he meant"  and " this isn't a policy change" DOES undermine his authority and goes a long way towards making everyone think he's not really in charge.  Not sure about his "authenticity" but perhaps a Biden voter could see him as faker now than pre-2020.

If he didn't mumble rambling nonsense or offhandedly change major foreign policy points perhaps the staffers would back off a little, but he's correct that they are undermining him.

Heh.  Maybe he could ask Trump for advice on how to deal with people in his administration undermining his policies.  Trump has some experience with that.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #811 on: May 31, 2022, 11:29:14 AM »
Reportedly Biden is upset his "clear and succinct" statements keep getting corrected.
And this is coming from NBC

Beyond policy, Biden is unhappy about a pattern that has developed inside the West Wing. He makes a clear and succinct statement — only to have aides rush to explain that he actually meant something else. The so-called clean-up campaign, he has told advisers, undermines him and smothers the authenticity that fueled his rise. Worse, it feeds a Republican talking point that he’s not fully in command.
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/05/31/cant-make-this-up-lol-nbc-reports-biden-rattled-by-how-unpopular-he-is-resents-aides-correcting-his-clear-and-succinct-statements/

:facepalm: :rofl: :O :facepalm:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 11:42:25 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #812 on: May 31, 2022, 02:29:48 PM »
But wait, there's more
The breathlessness of graphs 1 & 2 versus the denial being relegated to graph 28 tells you what you need to know about this story.

And as we've said before, no clarifications of the President's remarks are ever issued without his direct approval. https://nbcnews.com/politics/white
https://twitter.com/AndrewJBates46/status/1531617294434041858

WH staff’s DESPERATE attempt at correcting NBC’s article claiming Biden hates it when WH staff correct him is *CHEF’S KISS*
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/05/31/wh-staffs-desperate-attempt-at-correcting-nbcs-article-claiming-biden-hates-it-when-wh-staff-correct-him-is-chefs-kiss/

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #813 on: May 31, 2022, 04:31:28 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #814 on: June 01, 2022, 07:59:01 AM »
They know. How could they not know?

Stacey Abrams laughs at Biden Alzheimer's joke as rumours swirl about president's health
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAKsmizMrlc
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #815 on: June 05, 2022, 11:15:46 PM »
Old news.  Never mind.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #816 on: June 06, 2022, 09:59:56 AM »
Apparently the problem is we're not being allowed to see the the "genuine" Joe Biden

Members of Biden’s inner circle, including first lady Jill Biden and the president’s sister, Valerie Biden Owens, have complained that West Wing staff has managed Biden with kid gloves, not putting him on the road more or allowing him to flash more of his genuine, relatable, albeit gaffe-prone self. One person close to the president pushed for more “let Biden be Biden” moments, with the president himself complaining he does not get to interact enough with voters. The White House has pointed to both security and Covid concerns in restricting the travel of the 79-year-old president.

Can’t make this UP: Biden ‘seething’ that he’s more unpopular than Trump, blames his own STAFF for not letting him ‘shine more’
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/06/cant-make-this-up-biden-seething-that-hes-more-unpopular-than-trump-blames-his-own-staff-for-not-letting-him-shine-more/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #817 on: June 06, 2022, 11:33:58 AM »
Apparently the problem is we're not being allowed to see the the "genuine" Joe Biden

What, the one who swims nude in front of female Secret Service agents?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #818 on: June 06, 2022, 02:04:41 PM »
You know, at this point I kinda want to see the "real" Joe Biden, just for the lulz.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #819 on: June 06, 2022, 02:09:09 PM »
You know, at this point I kinda want to see the "real" Joe Biden, just for the lulz.

I don' know, thinking I am about lulzed out by Brandon.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #820 on: June 06, 2022, 02:15:24 PM »
We're currently being "led" by the 20 something poli-sci staff he's surrounded himself with.  An old school southern Democrat being himself would be hilarious.  How many rooms in the West Wing would have to be designated safe spaces once he starts saying what's on his mind?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #821 on: June 06, 2022, 02:52:44 PM »
We're currently being "led" by the 20 something poli-sci staff he's surrounded himself with. 

This is a fact. Whatever else you can say about Brandon, I don't think he has ever been woke in his life. There's no way he's spouting some of the woke *expletive deleted*it that he spouts without it being written by college kids. He's the unfiltered grandpa at Thanksgiving dinner.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #822 on: June 06, 2022, 02:56:13 PM »
I suppose this belongs here

At the time I took office about 16 months ago, the economy had stalled and COVID was out of control.

Today, thanks to the economic plan and the vaccination plan that my Administration put into action, America has achieved the most robust recovery in modern history.

— President Biden (@POTUS) June 6, 2022
Joe Biden credits his brilliant economic and vaccination plans for ‘the most robust recovery in modern history’
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/06/06/joe-biden-credits-his-brilliant-economic-and-vaccination-plans-for-the-most-robust-recovery-in-modern-history/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #823 on: June 06, 2022, 02:58:10 PM »
This is a fact. Whatever else you can say about Brandon, I don't think he has ever been woke in his life. There's no way he's spouting some of the woke *expletive deleted*it that he spouts without it being written by college kids. He's the unfiltered grandpa at Thanksgiving dinner.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #824 on: June 06, 2022, 03:08:21 PM »
An old school southern Democrat being himself would be hilarious.

Well yeah, but Biden is a Yankee.